April 27, 2024, 04:58:49 PMLatest Member: fsglgsll
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other BoutCheetah Stuff » Suggestions » Dear admins,

Dear admins,

Started by 5thnbg, November 01, 2011, 06:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5thnbg

Quote from: Allie on October 30, 2011, 02:18:55 AM
I'll tell you why.
This community is filled with such good gfxers.
Filled with such potential, filled with so much that could benefit the game.
But when I (or Kenny) go to any one of you for help you do nothing but give us shit, 2minutes worth of work or an ignore.
I had the coolest thing planned for this halloween.
Wanna know why it's not gonna happen?
cause everyone I asked to help mod said no or gave me nothing good whatsoever.

This game will have absolutely no updates if the admins have no updates to update.
The majority of you can do it. But since you don't, don't complain about how little the game updates.
It's not our faults.
My ideas are always ruined because of you gfxers laziness and/or dislike for helping.

*deep breath*

Reading this i decided to post my opinion on this one. If you want the talented gfxers of this community to start working again for new items and so on you have to rise their interest. I suggest that you should create a new rank same as "translator" , called "gfxer" and also new color on forum and maybe a new name in-game "GF xxxx" and than reward them if they do any good work. The choosing system of gfxers should be done by application exactly the same as Mod,FM and so on. Im suggesting this because i saw what major success the translator team had. I mean that coz in a few days we already had like 10 translators ready to work for the community. Thank you for reading this.

Iridion

November 01, 2011, 06:43:07 PM #1 Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 06:51:42 PM by Iridion
the gfx team we had in old bc grew as fast as the actual translator team, but then didn't do anything, except a few tried to do something and almost never gave a finished work. having a finished work was extremely rare.

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

antisickness

A GFX team would help alot, according to that post. Not only this, but it would also bring the community together more. Having a group means that it is possible to get feedback on stuff you make by other gfxers.

Whether it will happen or not is debatable, however, if it does work, it would relieve pressure on everybody.

A bit risky, but a +1 from me.  :P

Allie

We previously had a GFX team, we even had a Zylon GFXer, but they never do their work.
In theory, it seems perfect, doesn't it?
A team willing to help with the job they're designated to do?
But it's not perfect, consider these two examples (both from your post).
Our mods are terrible (in-game mods). They don't do what they were designated to do and generally only apply to be a mod specifically for the mod name. The only one I like is Meteor, maybe Robo.
Our translator team was retarded. Some of them even used google translate and others didn't translate things that didn't have direct translations, which was the majority of the items. Others completely ignored their task. Kenny is considering dropping the project as Sasuke is the only one who actually seemed to do it right, and even he's not that good a translator as the Koreans seemed to have trouble understanding that Korean post he made.
Your idea comes from a good place, but it's not going to one.

Yoshi91

if not... than just host annual competition whenever you want something done.

A competition in which gfx'er from the bc community compete to make the best of work. If it ends up crappy and no one really did much good work, disregard it and stuff but if it turns out real good competition, award them accordingly.

Announce the competitions on the announcement board so more will be aware of the things you want. Unlike the last rant you made about how no one you asked respond and stuff.. the problem with that was you only asked a selected few.

i'unno, just an idea..

Toast

Quote from: Allie on November 01, 2011, 08:27:52 PM
We previously had a GFX team, we even had a Zylon GFXer, but they never do their work.
Our mods are terrible (in-game mods). They don't do what they were designated to do and generally only apply to be a mod specifically for the mod name. The only one I like is Meteor, maybe Robo.
Our translator team was retarded. Some of them even used google translate and others didn't translate things that didn't have direct translations, which was the majority of the items. Others completely ignored their task. Kenny is considering dropping the project as Sasuke is the only one who actually seemed to do it right, and even he's not that good a translator as the Koreans seemed to have trouble understanding that Korean post he made.

I really just had to read that twice for my entertainment.

KillerPig

I'll come back and be your new favorite. k.

But srsly though. If they don't do their job, just demote them. What's the point of having useless translators, mods, and whatnot...

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

RAUDOG

I did a hell of a job as in-game Mod.

Shadow

RAUDOG, not to be mean or anything, but the only thing I ever saw you doing online even when you were a Mod was grinding sector.  Never really paying attention to stuff in the lobby or investigating rooms or anything.  You were constantly grinding with Silence.
BOUTCHEETAHS FIRST PLAYER TO LOGIN ON THE PRIVATE SERVER, FIRST PLAYER TO BE ADDED AS A GM, FIRST PLAYER TO REACH MAX LEVEL.

KillerPig

Quote from: Shadow on November 01, 2011, 09:22:25 PM
RAUDOG, not to be mean or anything, but the only thing I ever saw you doing online even when you were a Mod was grinding sector.  Never really paying attention to stuff in the lobby or investigating rooms or anything.  You were constantly grinding with Silence.

Basically my thoughts...

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

Allie

ICE did a better job than any of our current mods save meteor.
I would probably consider him again.

Bubu

ICE did pretty well, but sadly he mess up all his good work with stupid fights. About what yoshi said about event, that won't help either, i remember opti offering high prizes for some gfx works, but he hardly got anything interesting...
Thanx to Meta, Jason and Surgey for the Signs :]

Yoshi91

Quote from: Bubu on November 01, 2011, 09:48:28 PM
ICE did pretty well, but sadly he mess up all his good work with stupid fights. About what yoshi said about event, that won't help either, i remember opti offering high prizes for some gfx works, but he hardly got anything interesting...

i don't remember opti ever doing that. If he did, it was not that known.

I'm suggesting to put up the request/competition on the announcement board.

Allie

Quote from: Yoshi91 on November 01, 2011, 09:54:09 PM

i don't remember opti ever doing that. If he did, it was not that known.

I'm suggesting to put up the request/competition on the announcement board.

Opti did it all the time.
Noone ever replied.

bangaer2

ICE was a good Mod and as far as i know, I'd guess one of the best.
Quote from: bangaer2
Quote from: Rossbach
Ross' poem:

Ross.
At least you tried...

123bomb123

IGN: MisterZ

ZeaL - Rank 1 in antagonizing, just
because.

Rub me out like genies, won't concede til I'm graffiti
Quote from: Yz on January 14, 2012, 06:48:35 PM
mrz is like top 40 and would probly be like
"fuk yeh n00bs im god bow to god''

5thnbg

Damn this speech changed my day.
Back on topic pliz.

NeoKiller

You promote the wrong people.
You shouldn't just promote because of what the community says, your opinion should be worth 70%.
The community mostly approves of their friends and denies the people they don't like.
The opinions of staff members should be the other 30%.

hawk5005

No, it's not worth it.
Most "talented" people are either lazy or they don't really give a crap about helping this game.
If you want to do any GFX work, do it for the sake of the community not for huge rewards. If you really do a good job and you continue with the good work you might be rewarded, but not before.
As Allie said, the translators team was a total failure, most people didn't even knew Korean, but they signed up for the Staff Set.

koolwolf2

We should make mete Modder Gfx

He made lots of stuff
Newest one:

XenoPath

November 02, 2011, 10:56:21 AM #20 Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 10:58:00 AM by XenoPath
What Aille said is really true. To begin with, our translators were retarded. They didn't even do what they were supposed to do. One example was y7bigbo, aka Kyukie. She was really annoying, constantly flaming the entire lobby in-game(Yz be witness). Not only that, she spammed me for like 15 mins randomly. From others' perspective, they have also gotten spammed. Seriously, the only In-Game Moderators that are worth the title "In-game Moderator" may only be ICE and Meteor....What about Neo? I'm not that sure.. :-\

~Credits to Shadow and Jeffalo~ :D

Science without religion is lame, religion

RAUDOG

Off topic.
True i was in a battle with Redemption but, i still did my job.
Dam good too.

Delta

ICECOLD was one of the best mods i ever see (or maybe the best)but hope there is no fight anymore

NeoKiller

November 02, 2011, 05:18:09 PM #23 Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 05:20:31 PM by NeoKiller
ICE, bubu, meteor and neo were beast staff team 8)
edit: ohwait meteor was promited later, I forgot who the 4rd mod was :S
The good thing was that bubu and ice have completly different time zones then me and the 4rd guy, so we took care like 24/7 of the game, like the forum mods do atm.

Delta

Quote from: NeoKiller on November 02, 2011, 05:18:09 PM
True :P all did hard work

123bomb123

Quote from: NeoKiller on November 02, 2011, 05:18:09 PM
edit: ohwait meteor was promited later, I forgot who the 4rd mod was :S
The good thing was that bubu and ice have completly different time zones then me and the 4rd guy, so we took care like 24/7 of the game, like the forum mods do atm.

Lol'ing at "4rd"
IGN: MisterZ

ZeaL - Rank 1 in antagonizing, just
because.

Rub me out like genies, won't concede til I'm graffiti
Quote from: Yz on January 14, 2012, 06:48:35 PM
mrz is like top 40 and would probly be like
"fuk yeh n00bs im god bow to god''

RedNeon

Yz

None of those four sat in lobby except Neo (occasionally) just pure activity isn't what gets you mod, otherwise I say we get rid of every GM and mod and give one position to Keum lulz

I'ma lock this now since it's just turned to off-topic/hijacked topic, you can remake it if you want.
DISCORD killyzkill

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-