May 01, 2024, 04:26:40 AMLatest Member: Perydetof
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » General Discussion » What is YOUR job

What is YOUR job

Started by Dillh, November 03, 2011, 09:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dillh

Hey Dylan here

This post is for all the staff members of zylon gaming.If all staff member would mind commenting below on what they're job is the zylon gaming community and what you job is, if you are a admin then if you could explain your role and what you do on a daily basis.

If you don't feel comfortable explaining your job then fine, I am just curios to see what jobs are?

kind regards

Dylan Higgins
PT Dillh (Steveroseik-) | Guild : Prestige | Lvl : 270 |

NeoKiller

Why do you ask ?
Don't you know what jobs they have ?

asmit10

Quote from: NeoKiller on November 03, 2011, 09:12:00 PM
Why do you ask ?
Don't you know what jobs they have ?

I think he means what they do on a dialy basis
Quote from: cybercjt on May 27, 2012, 02:27:31 PM
Shegoat
i'm 6 according to Dillh
The internet is a great place to grow up. Just make sure you keep growing.

Dillh

I am just curious to see what they do on a daily basis

KillerPig

November 03, 2011, 09:15:20 PM #4 Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 09:15:58 PM by KillerPig
a moderator's job is to moderate the game lol.

so stuff like:
-monitoring the lobby
-periodically checking rooms for rule breakers
-scrolling through the lobby list looking for muliclienters (or at least obvious looking ones)
-helping other players with questions when they whisper you

or at least thats what i did

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

Dillh

Sounds cool how long have you been a mod for and how long you been playing Bout Cheetah

Pokeh

Quote from: Dillh on November 03, 2011, 09:17:22 PM
Sounds cool how long have you been a mod for and how long you been playing Bout Cheetah

Does it matter Dylan?

;D ;D ;D ;D

NeoKiller

November 03, 2011, 09:19:56 PM #7 Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 09:20:28 PM by NeoKiller
Quote from: KillerPig on November 03, 2011, 09:15:20 PM
a moderator's job is to moderate the game lol.

so stuff like:
-monitoring the lobby
-periodically checking rooms for rule breakers
-scrolling through the lobby list looking for muliclienters (or at least obvious looking ones)
-helping other players with questions when they whisper you

or at least thats what i did

I'm proud of you son, seems you were a good mod!

Dillh

Allie

My side of the Administration is generally the side that "keeps things going".
I make sure the community is having minimal problems, decide on most decisions for the game by what I feel will keep the game running as smoothly as possible, and make sure the game doesn't "go downhill".
It's my job to keep people playing, provide decisions on updates (often provide the updates myself) and keep the players happy to the best of my ability.
In addition to this, I do most of the work dealing with the players and most of the work regarding the database.

Kenny's side of the Administration is to provide the game, to put it as loosely as possible.
He is the head programmer of the game and takes what I tell him to do and makes it a reality.

RedShadow's side of the Administration is basically to provide external research and programs on the game.
For example, he was able to find out the format of the model editor, than code a converter so it can be modified.

Dillh

WOW ! that is a lot to do for just three admins, how long had you been working on this version of bots before it was published!

Allie

November 03, 2011, 09:27:12 PM #11 Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 09:27:28 PM by Allie
We "published it" as soon as we got our hands on Auron's original source.
We just progressed from that.

Pokeh

Quote from: Allie on November 03, 2011, 09:27:12 PM
We "published it" as soon as we got our hands on Auron's original source.
We just progressed from that.

Greedy little niblets kekekekeke

They also learned how to code java and shit pretty much by fooling around with runescape shit.

this is the 2nd release of boutcheetah anyways. first was better tbh cuz you could be lazy. D:

Dillh

ahh cool, another 2 things.

1. when making this website did you use HTML editing or just online websites which you can change etc.

2.when adding new parts to the game like the parts after lvl 150 do you do all the editing there and how would you do it.

NeoKiller

Quote from: Dillh on November 03, 2011, 09:30:30 PM
ahh cool, another 2 things.

1. when making this website did you use HTML editing or just online websites which you can change etc.

2.when adding new parts to the game like the parts after lvl 150 do you do all the editing there and how would you do it.

It's called modding, for more information: http://boutcheetah.zylongaming.com/index.php/topic,2911.0.html

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-