June 15, 2024, 04:22:29 PMLatest Member: FirbageUSALP
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » Need some unbiased help for a laptop

Need some unbiased help for a laptop

Started by Jeffalo13, November 26, 2011, 02:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeffalo13

(All references to the game are obviously BC) [Copied and pasted from somewhere else.]

Hi. I need some advice on getting a new computer. What I have right now:

Late 2009 iMac, i5 @ 2.66Ghz
8GB Ram
OSX Lion 10.7.2
2560x1440

This is my main computer. I have my whole media collection (Music, TV shows, Movies, etc, about 200GB and growing), as well as using it for regular internet usage and school stuff.

Other computer:

ASUS K52JC Notebook
i5 @ 2.4Ghz
4GB Ram
Windows 7 Ultimate
1366x768

This is the computer I use for 'gaming'. I occasionally play a casual game that I mainly play for the community. The game only needs a mediocre processor and 1GB of ram, but nonetheless, it is a game. It can be played at 1280x960, which is beautiful for it since it's 3Dish. I really want to play it at this resolution, but my terrible screen won't support it. It can run at 800x600, but isn't nearly as nice.

Here is the dilemma: I love the shape and battery on the MacBook Pros, as well as OSX. They are so much more portable than the ASUS I use now, and I find OSX much more streamlined. I have a quite a large budget, but can only get one laptop. I also REALLY want to get a laptop with full HD (1920x1080), which you can get on a sub $1000 Windows laptop, but isn't even possible on a Macbook Pro. Everything is just so elegant at full HD, and I really want to play the game in full HD, when I do play it. I currently only get 2hrs on my ASUS, and even though the 7hrs advertised by Apple isn't totally true, I'm sure it is longer than what I get now.
From a skill perspective, I am very efficient, and somewhat skilled, on both OSX and W7. I don't do anything with the command line/terminal, but don't really need to.

So, what should I get? I'd really like responses from people that own both, as people that hate one of the products will give me a terrible answer. Thank you for reading, and please respond!
  I'M ON MY WORST BEHAVIOR

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-