April 27, 2024, 11:55:01 AMLatest Member: fsglgsll
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » Crevolution

Crevolution

Started by Xrow, September 21, 2010, 08:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xrow

September 21, 2010, 08:42:19 PM Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 11:24:35 PM by Xrow
Creation + Evolution = Crevolution

In short, God created the Heavens and the earth and all biotic and abiotic things.  These creations, through natural selection by superiority, evolved, in a way, into more adept beings and continue to do so.
By the way, this isn't my belief. Just a concept.

Discuss.

Members:
1. Redeyes

(Cheuh whatsup Opti)

Santa

Optimism

September 21, 2010, 08:44:03 PM #2 Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 08:46:12 PM by Optimism
Quote from: Xrow on September 21, 2010, 08:42:19 PM
Creation + Evolution = Crevolution

In short, God created the Heavens and the hearth and all biotic and abiotic things.  These creations, through natural selection by superiority, evolved, in a way, into more adept beings and continue to do so.

Discuss.

Is this your new rationalization for what we've been talking about in the evolution thread?

King...sigh.

Simply because you cannot understand something, doesn't warrant an immediate attribution to a "god" like being. There is beauty in the unknown -- embrace it. This parallels my father's beliefs entirely. He cannot do-away with his religious upbringing; moreover, because he has come to understand the scientific rational, he merged the two into something he felt comfortable with. Not giving up his religious past and coming to terms with factual evidence enabled a peace of mind.
- Opti -
- Sanctuary Founder | PvP King -
- Retired -

Xrow

Oh hush yo mout boi.
I understand it, I just don't agree with it.
[)4[Y]N that was annoying >_>

And no, it's just a thought lol.

Opti... doublesigh..

Optimism

Quote from: Xrow on September 21, 2010, 08:46:01 PM
Oh hush yo mout boi.
I understand it, I just don't agree with it.
[)4[Y]N that was annoying >_>

And no, it's just a thought lol.

Opti... doublesigh..

Bluntly stated, why not devote your life to something meaningful instead of indulging yourself in children's fables? So much more can be achieved (human benefit) in absence of religion.
- Opti -
- Retired -

Xrow

o.O Because I don't agree with "evolution's" entire theory.

I mean,

1. There are two tribes.
    In the first, everyone is born strong and good-looking.
    In the second, everyone is born scrawny and homely.
2. The first tribe flourishes because of their natural gifts.
3. The second tribe slowly dies off over a period of time because they are not physically or mentally adequate.
4. When the second tribe is extinct, the first tribe flourishes more than ever.
5. Each new generation exercises more than the last, and becomes more fit and more desirable than the last.
6. They continue to flourish and grow.

^ To me, that is not evolution. That is mere logic and order.

But then,

1. A bunch of nothing in a black nothingness exploded and magically made the heavens and the earth and a a couple bacteria on the earth.
2. The bacteria somehow expands and develops.
3. eventually, natural selection causes them to become what we know today.

^ Although I left most of the specifics, that's just stupid..

Optimism

September 21, 2010, 09:10:38 PM #6 Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 09:19:57 PM by Optimism
Quote from: Xrow on September 21, 2010, 08:55:48 PM
o.O Because I don't agree with "evolution's" entire theory.

I mean,

1. There are two tribes.
   In the first, everyone is born strong and good-looking.
   In the second, everyone is born scrawny and homely.
2. The first tribe flourishes because of their natural gifts.
3. The second tribe slowly dies off over a period of time because they are not physically or mentally adequate.
4. When the second tribe is extinct, the first tribe flourishes more than ever.
5. Each new generation exercises more than the last, and becomes more fit and more desirable than the last.
6. They continue to flourish and grow.

^ To me, that is not evolution. That is mere logic and order.

But then,

1. A bunch of nothing in a black nothingness exploded and magically made the heavens and the earth and a a couple bacteria on the earth.
2. The bacteria somehow expands and develops.
3. eventually, natural selection causes them to become what we know today.

^ Although I left most of the specifics, that's just stupid..

In a "dumbed-down" diction, this is evolution, despite if "you think" otherwise.

You're coming along nicely -- there is hope for you yet XD. The second thought can be explained with the following example (I don't have much time so Ill put this simply): Lets transport a Toyota Tundra (impossible, however relevant for your understanding) back to the time of the neanderthals. In their language, ask them to explain the mechanisms of the components -- a simple enough answer would follow: a dumbfound one. What I'm saying here is that human knowledge is ever expanding. Similar to the time of the neanderthals, there is subject matter that has yet to be understood; however, this does not mean that it won't be understood. Sure enough, in time, the predecessors to the human race became such, and created what we now call a truck. With time, all things are possible, including the understanding of what we now cannot understand. The second and third question within your second paragraph can be explained completely and have been validated experimentally (despite what you are telling yourself). The first question is posed in the form of a theory -- refer to the beginning of this paragraph regarding time and understanding.

THINK logically, my friend.
- Opti -
- Retired -

Xrow

September 21, 2010, 09:34:11 PM #7 Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 09:37:46 PM by Xrow
In a "dumbed-down" diction, this is evolution, despite if "you think" otherwise.
Well then TECHNICALLY "evolution" does exist IN A WAY.
But it isn't a universal reality.

You're coming along nicely -- there is hope for you yet XD.
Nope there ain't :]

The second thought can be explained with the following example (I don't have much time so Ill put this simply): Lets transport a Toyota Tundra (impossible, however relevant for your understanding) back to the time of the neanderthals. In their language, ask them to explain the mechanisms of the components -- a simple enough answer would follow: a dumbfound one. What I'm saying here is that human knowledge is ever expanding. Similar to the time of the neanderthals, there is subject matter that has yet to be understood; however, this does not mean that it won't be understood. Sure enough, in time, the predecessors to the human race became such, and created what we now call a truck. With time, all things are possible, including the understanding of what we now cannot understand. The second and third question within your second paragraph can be explained completely and have been validated experimentally (despite what you are telling yourself). The first question is posed in the form of a theory -- refer to the beginning of this paragraph regarding time and understanding.
Well THAT sucks cuz apparently the universe will just decrease in size until it is no longer in existence, then another big bang will poop out another universe and everything'll restart.
Even if "evolution" were reality, it sounds like a shatty one :]

THINK logically, my friend.
*Blank drool stare* :D.

Fyah

Gahhhhhhh, what iz joo arguing abouttttttttttttttt.
What about evolution got you all in a discussion mood.

Xrow

Haha, Opti has been losing arguments on this topic to me for years bro :)

Fyah

Quote from: Xrow on September 21, 2010, 09:48:59 PM
Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. >:(

Xrow

Why not debate it?
The least that can happen is an expanded understanding.

Optimism

Quote from: Xrow on September 21, 2010, 09:48:59 PM

Ughm...

Each and every one of your statements have been vague with little factually based subject matter accepted by the academic community of the world. If you want to discuss who is winning this debate, one only needs to look as far as empirically based evidence. If this occurs, then the "win" falls into my hands...

King, in all honesty, if you present your argument in a debate forum of any kind, you will be laughed at to the door and then rudely asked to leave.
- Opti -
- Retired -

Xrow

September 21, 2010, 11:17:06 PM #13 Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 11:23:05 PM by Xrow
Quote from: Optimism on September 21, 2010, 11:04:06 PM
Ughm...

Each and every one of your statements have been vague with little factually based subject matter accepted by the academic community of the world. If you want to discuss who is winning this debate, one only needs to look as far as empirically based evidence. If this occurs, then the "win" falls into my hands...

King, in all honesty, if you present your argument in a debate forum of any kind, you will be laughed at to the door and then rudely asked to leave.

That's because you went to a NON-CHRISTIAN university. I mean seriously, Opti? No sh!t they'd deny my beliefs.

Xrow

This is more f*ckin awesome than factual. But then, it's also true:
Winning creationist argument (Print the bible on them):

Humans are by far the dominant species on the modern planet.
And we are rapidly depopulating the earth of the rest of it's species.
A species becomes extinct every 20 minutes.
In 300 years, half of all species will be extinct.
So, in about 475 years, all species, besides humans, will be extinct.
And apparently nothing happens to them when they die, huh?
What happens when humans kill each other and no life is left except a couple of bushes?
Then what? -.-
Then another big bang occurs and bacteria magically comes to existence and uses something it doesn't have to make more and more complicated bacteria that can't possibly be made with the nothingness it has at hand?
Then they turn into...?
A fish?
Then a monkey?
Then a person?
Then they die and become a tree?
Then the tree gets cut down and is printed as a Bible?
Then people are brought to Christ as a result.

Fact..
There used to be less species..

During dinosaur times, there were LESS species that there are now, and DIFFERENT species than there are now.
Unless that one-in-a-few-thousand-billion chance of a beneficial mutation occured MULTIPLE times, AND SOMEHOW STUCK TO A SPECIE'S GENOME, none of what now exists could be in existence.

Reasoning... (By the way, I made Allie contradict herself. Then I recall her defending her contradiction. /Sigh.):
Make them contradict themselves:

-Them:  "Evolution:  The process by which a species gains what is needs to survive."
-Me:  "Then why do we have planes?  Where are our wings?"
-Them:  "Planes are a luxury for travel, not a necessity."
-Me:  "Well, if "evolution" is 'gaining what is needed to survive,' Then why DO we have planes?  We don't NEED them, therefore the ability and knowledge to make them shouldn't have been "evolved."

Fact....
Mutations:

There are no half-"evolved" species, and there are 0 beneficial mutations. If there were beneficial mutations, there is virtually no chance that that mutation would get passed on to the mutated being's offspring, resulting in the loss of that single beneficial mutation..

Facts AND reasoning based on studies and logic:
The Giraffe and Bombadeer Beetle account:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRcOxCczzus
"The currently existing animals shown in this video had to have all parts of their body at the same time to have the ability to exist without dying."
Therefore, if "evolution" were correct, the giraffe would not exist. Why? Because evolution occurs over time and parts would have been added over time. This means that they would not have had all the necessary parts at the same time, resulting in the animals almost immediate death and then it's extinction.

/Sigh

Optimism

Quote from: Xrow on September 21, 2010, 11:22:40 PM
This is more f*ckin awesome than factual. But then, it's also true:
Winning creationist argument (Print the bible on them):

Humans are by far the dominant species on the modern planet.
And we are rapidly depopulating the earth of the rest of it's species.
A species becomes extinct every 20 minutes.
In 300 years, half of all species will be extinct.
So, in about 475 years, all species, besides humans, will be extinct.
And apparently nothing happens to them when they die, huh?
What happens when humans kill each other and no life is left except a couple of bushes?
Then what? -.-
Then another big bang occurs and bacteria magically comes to existence and uses something it doesn't have to make more and more complicated bacteria that can't possibly be made with the nothingness it has at hand?
Then they turn into...?
A fish?
Then a monkey?
Then a person?

Fact..
There used to be less species..

During dinosaur times, there were LESS species that there are now, and DIFFERENT species than there are now.
Unless that one-in-a-few-thousand-billion chance of a beneficial mutation occured MULTIPLE times, AND SOMEHOW STUCK TO A SPECIE'S GENOME, none of what now exists could be in existence.

Reasoning... (By the way, I made Allie contradict herself. Then I recall her defending her contradiction. /Sigh.):
Make them contradict themselves:

-Them:  "Evolution:  The process by which a species gains what is needs to survive."
-Them:  "Planes are a luxury for travel, not a necessity."
-Me:  "Well, if "evolution" is 'gaining what is needed to survive,' Then why DO we have planes?  We don't NEED them, therefore the ability and knowledge to make them shouldn't have been "evolved."

Fact....
Mutations:

There are no half-"evolved" species, and there are 0 beneficial mutations. If there were beneficial mutations, there is virtually no chance that that mutation would get passed on to the mutated being's offspring, resulting in the loss of that single beneficial mutation..

"The currently existing animals shown in this video had to have all parts of their body at the same time to have the ability to exist without dying."
Therefore, if "evolution" were correct, the giraffe would not exist. Why? Because evolution occurs over time and parts would have been added over time. This means that they would not have had all the necessary parts at the same time, resulting in the animals almost immediate death and then it's extinction.

/Sigh

Reading this, its blatantly obvious that you are far under-educated regarding this subject matter. You are merely brushing the surface of complexities you've yet to be taught//understand. I can take this no further with you because you will simply repeat the same statements with your erroneous mindset.
- Opti -
- Retired -

Jeffalo13

Quote from: Optimism on September 22, 2010, 12:12:43 AM
Reading this, its blatantly obvious that you are far under-educated regarding this subject matter. You are merely brushing the surface of complexities you've yet to be taught//understand. I can take this no further with you because you will simply repeat the same statements with your erroneous mindset.

Dude, how have you read the last umpteen posts of Xrow?  They've been paragraphs; you must really be invested in this >_>.
  I'M ON MY WORST BEHAVIOR

Kevin

Xrow

Sigh, okay Opti.
I don't understand your level of thinking.

This debate is over, we're lost causes.

By the way, everyone, me and Opti have had this debate going for three years or more.
We're still good friends.

Kevin

Optimism

Quote from: Xrow on September 22, 2010, 12:35:55 AM
Sigh, okay Opti.
I don't understand your level of thinking.

This debate is over, we're lost causes.

By the way, everyone, me and Opti have had this debate going for three years or more.
We're still good friends.

Indeed :P.
- Opti -
- Retired -

GavinGill

A fish?
Then a monkey?
Then a person?

Since when do Christians beleive in reincarnation? :3

Evolution ≠ magic.

The process of growing wings involves death, magic, and a halo.

cwutididthar? :3

Giraffes came in two varieties: those born with the short neck trait and and those with the long necks trait. Nothing really needed to be "added on", the long-necked ones had everything they needed to survive which is why they're still here. The short-necked ones died. This filtration process continues with each generation until the trait for short necks is eventually eliminated from the gene pool. I'd assume there'd be other small variations with each birth and there would continue to be such variations for many years to come. Some of these variations would either be lost the same way the short neck trait was while other would live on and eventually become dominant and be passed on. Those small variations continue for many, many years until we have the modern giraffe. Because of these new variations/traits that continued to be eliminated or added to the gene pool, we now have a giraffe that's quite different than what we started with. Therefore, it has evolved.

Now obviously I could have worded it better but you should be able to understand it.

"You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is
done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."

Xrow

We believe that Christ reincarnated duhh :p Therefore we believe in it.

And I know "evolution" =/= Magic, but you get the point of the argument I made?

Stop tryna prolong this debate dangit!
Just share the love like me and Opti :3.
Psh

GavinGill

Quote from: Xrow on September 22, 2010, 01:09:45 AM
We believe that Christ reincarnated duhh :p Therefore we believe in it.
LIES! Jesus was resurrected, not reincarnated. :P

Polar Bear

Mihax

Quote from: GavinGill on September 22, 2010, 05:40:33 AM

Gavin pooned you there, and he's not even Christian. SHAME KINGEH, SHAME!  :P

Jeffalo13

Quote from: Mihax on September 22, 2010, 07:42:06 AM
Gavin pooned you there, and he's not even Christian. SHAME KINGEH, SHAME!  :P

Ya, he was Jewish.
  I'M ON MY WORST BEHAVIOR

GavinGill

September 22, 2010, 02:34:30 PM #28 Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 11:45:29 PM by GavinGill
Quote from: Jeffalo13 on September 22, 2010, 09:42:06 AM
Ya, he was Jewish.
Neither. I dont really identify myself with a certain religion, just accept the small possibility of the existence of God. The way I see it, if there is no afterlife and God doesn't exist, I have nothing to worry about. I'd be too dead to care. :P If God does exist, I have nothing to worry about as long as I dont make an effort to inconvenience/hurt society and I stay within my "moral limits."
-----

Quote from: Voltaire... from this sole argument I cannot conclude anything further than that it is probable that an intelligent and superior being has skillfully prepared and fashioned the matter. I cannot conclude from that alone that this being has made matter out of nothing and that he is infinite in every sense.

Quote from: the interwebzThe theory of a Christian-Judaic God would not allow for human life to have fallen to the standard that it is at today. A teleological being is far more feasible, due to it's non omni-benevolent approach.
Two randoms quotes to ponder.

@ second quote: Woo for Tupac. :P

Xrow

Quote from: GavinGill on September 22, 2010, 05:40:33 AM

We also believe 'Anything is possible with God.'
We believe Jesus is God.
Therefore, we must believe in reincarnation and whatever other word you want to beat me over the head with, because anything's possible. So there :3

...JEW

Yz

... No one believes Jesus is god. gods son but..
DISCORD killyzkill

Xrow

About 2.2 billion people believe Jesus is God.

GavinGill

How can he be both God and God's son?  ._.

Optimism

Quote from: GavinGill on September 22, 2010, 11:46:28 PM
How can he be both God and God's son?  ._.

Tis' magic. Don't ask logical questions you infidel...

- Opti -
- Retired -

iwasbobo

I'M OPTI AND I // EVERYTHING.

Quote from: Pokeh'this is called the blockimus-glieicha, also known as the block glitch'

GavinGill

Quote from: Optimism on September 22, 2010, 11:48:50 PM
OICWUTUDIDTHAR

BvB?

Jeffalo13

Quote from: Optimism on September 22, 2010, 11:48:50 PM

'Tis magic.  Don't ask logical questions, you infidel...

Tisk, tisk, tisk.
  I'M ON MY WORST BEHAVIOR

Xrow

o.O Why can't he be..
Your both a human and a human's son. So there.

GavinGill

But isn't God like a single entity or w/e with His own identity in Christianity? That'd be like you, Xrow, being Xrow's son. =/

Off topic: Who/what is the Holy Ghost btw?

ShinIchi

Fk, I wanna join to the discussion, but my english is poor :S, I can answer why does I think that the "god" idea/concept is ridiculous.

PD: 60% of people who thinks that god doesn't exists thinks that they are god, is a "delusion of grandeur", those who thinks that they are god sometimes are really smart people, with an I.Q over 120. Those who said: "God doesn't exists" before I joined to this topic, please, tell me if you think that you are god.

It's scientific.

GavinGill

I dont think anyone here thinks they're God.  .-.  I probably misread your post though so I wont comment further. D:

Styx

Xrow

Quote from: GavinGill on September 23, 2010, 06:23:54 AM
But isn't God like a single entity or w/e with His own identity in Christianity? That'd be like you, Xrow, being Xrow's son. =/

Off topic: Who/what is the Holy Ghost btw?

Well, James II was the son of James I.
:).
And we believe that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE WITH GOD.
So, yeah, He can be his own son.
(No, it isn't worth debating me on this point.)

GavinGill

oic

Who/what is the Holy Ghost? Actual question btw, I really dont know. =/

Xrow

Trinity: God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.
All are 100% God.

Them Holy Spirit is, in essence, a conscience from God.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-