May 25, 2024, 08:46:36 AMLatest Member: AnnaMiss76un
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » General Discussion » Using a modified bots.dat on BoutCheetah?

Using a modified bots.dat on BoutCheetah?

Started by IgnisC, March 03, 2012, 03:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IgnisC

March 03, 2012, 03:15:07 PM Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 03:17:28 PM by IgnisC
As we all know, BoutCheetah can be modified to look like the old, original BOTS!! to an extent by copying some UI, etc. files over to the BoutCheetah folder.
Sure, things like in-room/in-game commands are broken/missing, there are some missing/bugged icons and the UI looks crappy, but other than that everything works fine.
Is there ANY way to open bout.dat and bots.dat to redirect bots.dat to BoutCheetah's server and make it look for ZylonShield instead of GameGuard?
That'd make the game function just like the old Bots, whilst keeping BoutCheetah's functions.

Hopefully.
Alternatively, could someone do an edit of bots.dat to make it work with BoutCheetah?
You can get the old client, UI and all right here:
http://www.fileplanet.com/170875/download/BOTS-Client-%5BFree-Game%5D
Everything works just fine, no need to update.

mo9

old ui can work normally if u recode all the buttons and images
i do have a back up but meh cba

i dont really get what you are trying to do so i cant help much
ZeaL Rank 1 BvB, just because

vv secks box

IgnisC

What I want to do should be fairly obvious:
I want to use BOTS!!' old UI whilst playing BoutCheetah.

bots.dat contains the font, button, image, etc. code AND the gameguard and server code.
By redirecting bots.dat to Zylon's server and making it ignore GameGuard's disappearance, the old UI would work perfectly and flawlessly while still retaining the new things in BoutCheetah such as the items and the new levels.
I think.

Rossbach

March 03, 2012, 05:02:40 PM #3 Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 05:13:53 PM by Rossbach
We used to have the old UI but changed it to a new and "better" one. Why use the old one? Ofc Kenny can make it work with ZylonShield and shiz.

Omnomnom eating toast.

IgnisC

Yup. ""better"".
I sorta got this thing, but bout.dat is stopping me from making a 100% functional BoutCheetah/BOTS!! merge.

Santa

No, that would be breaking the rules.  Plus using them will not work.

Allie

Quote from: Santa on March 03, 2012, 05:20:26 PM
No, that would be breaking the rules.  Plus using them will not work.

To expand on this, we use the bout.dat for virtually everything we do. Replacing it would be cancelling out all our modifications, thus you would be unable to start the game, and if you managed to start the game by bypassing it, you'd be breaking the rules for not only modifying the BoutCheetah client, but also hacking the client itself.

zepher2211

And you'd be throwing a huge "**** You" in the faces of the people that worked months on that skin that you're openly comparing to that old piece of shit ui. (I happen to be one of the people that worked on that skin btw)
Powersurge
Headstrong

IgnisC

Oh well, I can still edit the scts.

If I could figure out how to do so.

Allie

scripts will be un-editable soon. You may edit them until that point.

Santa

Actually, the sct files will remain editable.  Just the rest of the files in the script folder are not editable now.

tehn00btwin1

i really need help my bout cheetah client has stopped working i have uninstalled it and re-installed it but it didn't work. now it fullscreens (wich it didnt do yesteerday) and when i log in it just freezes pleeeeeeeeease help -tehn00btwin1-  :'(

Santa

Quote from: tehn00btwin1 on March 04, 2012, 05:30:30 AM
i really need help my bout cheetah client has stopped working i have uninstalled it and re-installed it but it didn't work. now it fullscreens (wich it didnt do yesteerday) and when i log in it just freezes pleeeeeeeeease help -tehn00btwin1-  :'(

That issue is caused by your antivirus blocking zylonshield from running.  Open up the settings panel for it, and find the exclusion list, then add "C:\Zylon Gaming\BoutCheetah".  If you still need help regarding this, simply install Team Viewer (www.teamviewer.com), and PM me the ID/Pass when I'm online.

Thanks,
~RedEyes.

xbaras

September 26, 2012, 06:41:41 AM #13 Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 06:49:00 AM by xbaras
Sorry for bringing back a 'dead' topic.

Man, if only editing the code of Bout.dat wouldn't get people banned. I'd love to create my own (no-hacks-to-get-advantages) modded version of Boutcheetah. Sadly, trust is an issue and no-one's ever going to be able to experiment with the code in a good way.

It's kind of sad, considering that there are countless ideas people have but they can't implement them because a handful of people don't like it. In the future, there should be a way for people to make their own mods for boutcheetah (which get checked by Admins first to filter out unfair hacks).

Thornz

Why not just play Zylon's BOTS!! if you are so attached to it?

IGN: FM Thornz [Lv 270]
Quote from: cyc0828He destroy my guild
Not pants

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-