April 30, 2024, 01:22:22 PMLatest Member: JamesSlats
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other BoutCheetah Stuff » Suggestions » Guild leaders need the power to

Guild leaders need the power to

Started by zepher2211, July 10, 2012, 05:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zepher2211

Moderate their guild threads, at least to the point of removing posts, that'd solve problems in guild threads a lot faster than waiting for a mod or GM.

I had a similar power for awhile (I could moderate my own threads) but people found out and threw a bitch fit about it
Powersurge
Headstrong

UnderYou

I take care of the sympathy guild thread and I am not sympathy leader only head co-leader in this case what we do ???
Ign | Diesel
Lv | ???
Guild | Morbid
Specialty | Sector

Pokeh

only if the leaders well known and shows maturity, sure.

but this demi-mod power will always be pointed fingers at regardless of whether it's being used properly or not >_>

zepher2211

July 10, 2012, 06:54:56 PM #3 Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 06:55:49 PM by zepher2211
Quote from: Pokeh on July 10, 2012, 06:51:53 PM
only if the leaders well known and shows maturity, sure.

but this demi-mod power will always be pointed fingers at regardless of whether it's being used properly or not >_>

Yeah when people found out I had the power I wasn't misusing it, they were mad cause I had it o-o

edit
Maybe guilds who have existed for a certain amount of time could get it
Powersurge
Headstrong

Iridion

this thread went from what could be a nice suggestion to a power begging thread

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

Corr

^ Agree with Iri.

If you're smart and know how to nip flame wars in the butt in a consistent way then you would not need any 'demi' mod powers.
Been doing it for 4+ years with 1 guild and 2 others that I co-lead. It's not that hard.

ZeaL - Rank 1 Hax, just because
I do it for the lulz.

zepher2211

Quote from: Corr on July 11, 2012, 04:52:37 AM
^ Agree with Iri.

If you're smart and know how to nip flame wars in the butt in a consistent way then you would not need any 'demi' mod powers.
Been doing it for 4+ years with 1 guild and 2 others that I co-lead. It's not that hard.

Kicking every member from your guild does not count as efficient guild management

@Iri: when
Powersurge
Headstrong

Nucleaon

Quote from: zepher2211 on July 12, 2012, 12:26:52 AM
^ Agree with Iri.

Kicking every member from your guild does not count as efficient guild management

Nor was it mentioned.

IGNs:
BC: Nuc | Kyura
GC: SaphireFlare

Corr

Quote from: zepher2211 on July 12, 2012, 12:26:52 AM
^ Agree with Iri.

Well too you, no.

Too me, I beg to differ.

ZeaL - Rank 1 Hax, just because
I do it for the lulz.

Iridion

Quote from: zepher2211 on July 10, 2012, 06:54:56 PM
thar

thats how we roll maddie

zepher2211

Quote from: Iridion on July 12, 2012, 05:46:27 AM
Quote from: zepher2211 on July 10, 2012, 06:54:56 PM
thar

Cause otherwise every nub that wanted powers would just make a guild lol
Powersurge
Headstrong

KillerPig

no omg  :(

just make a disclaimer on the guild thread that all mean stuff will be deleted then coordinate with fm and gm

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

Allie

zepher2211

Quote from: Allie on July 12, 2012, 03:21:26 PM
I sense power hunger.

Talking to a person who has never gone for a position higher than mod, and only applied for the position because he was active .-.
Powersurge
Headstrong

Allie

Still sense power hunger. Going to a forum mod isn't enough. This isn't gonna happen lulz.

zepher2211

Quote from: Allie on July 12, 2012, 03:29:54 PM
Still sense power hunger. Going to a forum mod isn't enough. This isn't gonna happen lulz.

Cause I'm more active then all the forum mods combined
Powersurge
Headstrong

KillerPig

if a post is severe enough to the point where it needs to be deleted, fms will do it right? its their jobs

zepher2211

Except most of the time it takes them a thousand years to get on, at which point the situation has always escalated already
Powersurge
Headstrong

KillerPig

zepher2211

Quote from: KillerPig on July 12, 2012, 03:40:07 PM
act as peacekeeper  :D

Effective peacekeeping - ending the problem - fastest way to end the problem - moderate

Aeon has mods and GM's, one of which is always on to fix problems if there is one, Silence has the second most active thread with the most problems caused, and the least amount of moderation
Powersurge
Headstrong

Yz

We can deal with your threads problems too, just tell us what to remove or warn or wutever.
DISCORD killyzkill

zepher2211

That's how I usually solve it, going to an fm, this was just a suggestion for something easier
Powersurge
Headstrong

Nucleaon

Quote from: zepher2211 on July 12, 2012, 03:35:40 PM
Except most of the time it takes them a thousand years to get on, at which point the situation has always escalated already

Then do what corr says, learn to nip flame wars in the butt.

IGNs:
BC: Nuc | Kyura
GC: SaphireFlare

zepher2211

Quote from: Nucleaon on July 12, 2012, 05:25:51 PM

I've never wanted to do that lol, the flame wars shouldn't go on
Powersurge
Headstrong

Iridion

Quote from: zepher2211 on July 12, 2012, 05:38:42 PM

~Here to cause Discord and Chaos

why then :'(

thats how we roll maddie

zepher2211

Quote from: Iridion on July 12, 2012, 05:50:21 PM
Quote from: zepher2211 on July 12, 2012, 05:38:42 PM

~Here to cause Discord and Chaos

why then :'(

Old sig is old, but if some events continue as I believe they will, I'm going to go back to doing that lol
Powersurge
Headstrong

Allie

If you go back to doing that than a ban is waiting.

zepher2211

July 12, 2012, 06:19:26 PM #27 Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 06:28:40 PM by zepher2211
Quote from: Allie on July 12, 2012, 06:13:36 PM

This doesn't play out well for anyone

edit
Also the correct use in that sentence would be then
Powersurge
Headstrong

mo9

imo this shouln't be a guild thing , it should be a big thread thing (ie a lot of views/replies )
but yeah powers should be restricted , like temporarily hiding posts till a mod reviews them or something like that
cause deleting post is too op for the regular player
ZeaL Rank 1 BvB, just because

vv secks box

zepher2211

Quote from: mo9 on July 12, 2012, 07:24:00 PM
imo this shouln't be a guild thing , it should be a big thread thing (ie a lot of views/replies )
but yeah powers should be restricted , like temporarily hiding posts till a mod reviews them or something like that

That would work just fine, hide it, mod reviews whenever they get on, problem solved early on
Powersurge
Headstrong

loewe98

Hes already banned just for account sharing.. I mean we should make some votes for a co leader to have some invite power and kick power , what u guys think? Sounds nice right?

@ Allie , hes already banned.

Xx Itz Ian

July 12, 2012, 07:32:33 PM #31 Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 07:33:21 PM by Xx Itz Ian
Quote from: zepher2211 on July 12, 2012, 07:27:53 PM

That would work just fine, hide it, mod reviews whenever they get on, problem solved early on

I thought that was the point of the "report to moderator" button under a reply/post
On most forums that will come into a list and fm will get a notify to look there and can remove it or ignore it.
League of Legends:
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=ianv
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=smurf+leblanc
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=qqdz

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  Xx ItZ Ian
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

zepher2211

Quote from: Xx Itz Ian on July 12, 2012, 07:32:33 PM
Quote from: zepher2211 on July 12, 2012, 07:27:53 PM

I thought that was the point of the "report to moderator" button under a reply/post
On most forums that will come into a list and fm will get a notify to look there and can remove it or ignore it.

Using that doesn't hide the post
Powersurge
Headstrong

OG ICE COLD

Quote from: loewe98 on July 12, 2012, 07:28:32 PM

Hes already banned just for account sharing.. I mean we should make some votes for a co leader to have some invite power and kick power , what u guys think? Sounds nice right?

@ Allie , hes already banned.
I agree zeph, it should be like that but with immature people like Allie and Gramps and a few more it will probably never happen!

Allie

Immature people like Allie. lulz thats an extremely immature thing to say.

OG ICE COLD

Quote from: Allie on July 12, 2012, 11:56:34 PM
Immature people like Allie. lulz thats an extremely immature thing to say.
Yes your small minded, this game has a lot of potential but you let people like Gramps have a bf because he can't have his way, i don't play this game anymore like i use to because it just something about the stupid rules and the people who enforces it, it isn't fear and it isn't fun. I been trying to get Ice to quit for the longest but he doesn't want to leave his friends behind, i don't understand why he plays a game where the staff (the people that is suppose to make this game joyful) treats him like shit!

Optimism

July 13, 2012, 12:59:15 AM #36 Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 12:59:47 AM by Optimism
This is actually a great idea, so long as you keep the provocative rhetoric absent while removing posts, i.e., "haha **** you X person and X guild, I just removed your post". I don't personally see a problem if we can maintain this level of civility during the process. But who am I here now a days anyway.
- Opti -
- Sanctuary Founder | PvP King -
- Retired -

Allie

July 13, 2012, 01:01:58 AM #37 Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 01:02:17 AM by Allie
It is what ICE says and does that results in what happens to him. It is precisely the attitude you're giving me that makes you and him disliked -- there's a way to voice your opinion and a way to be an absolute asshole. It's obvious which one your post was.

My staff is entirely unbias in our decisions. In fact, it's hard to even say we're unbias -- you guys should've been out of here long ago. But we were bias enough to let you guys go unpunished and to let your rule-breaking slide. It's the attitude that you're showing me that blows me away as a **** you instead of a thanks. You're the one being immature here, and I dare you to respectfully and maturely respond to my post, because that's what the one who isn't immature would do.

@Opti
PvP while I'm still online.

OG ICE COLD

Quote from: Allie on July 13, 2012, 01:01:58 AM
It is what ICE says and does that results in what happens to him. It is precisely the attitude you're giving me that makes you and him disliked -- there's a way to voice your opinion and a way to be an absolute asshole. It's obvious which one your post was.

My staff is entirely unbias in our decisions. In fact, it's hard to even say we're unbias -- you guys should've been out of here long ago. But we were bias enough to let you guys go unpunished and to let your rule-breaking slide. It's the attitude that you're showing me that blows me away as a **** you instead of a thanks. You're the one being immature here, and I dare you to respectfully and maturely respond to my post, because that's what the one who isn't immature would do.

@Opti
PvP while I'm still online.
See how you respond Allie your the immature one, i'm done bye bye!

Optimism

Yep. I have to download the client. Thankfully, the internet connection is superior here and I'm on a desktop with a shit keyboard (you have a chance to win :P).
- Opti -
- Sanctuary Founder | PvP King -
- Retired -

Iridion

thats how we roll maddie

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-