April 20, 2024, 09:12:24 AMLatest Member: kurskmWet
BoutCheetah » Forum » Zylon Gaming » Future Updates » Brand new style of Passive skills

Brand new style of Passive skills

Started by Allie, July 19, 2012, 09:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allie

I realized today how dumb I was for all this time. We could make new skills that affect your stats instead of your all around gameplay; passive is passive for a reason.

An example of this would be a +10% HP as a passive skill. It seems op at first glance, but you're sacrificing your breakfall, or your counter, or your charge for it. Therefore it's worth it.

Not going to release until I get feedback and shit (and me and Kenny are back), so let me know what you think, and any passive buffs we you think we can give. We can do a lot more than you think we can do (it all depends on our motivation to such a skill).

Nucleaon

July 19, 2012, 09:57:41 PM #1 Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 10:01:55 PM by Nucleaon
It's pretty cool. I like the idea.

There can be so many different varieties of passives.

IGNs:
BC: Nuc | Kyura
GC: SaphireFlare

FuRy

Will there be 2 variants to these new passive skills? eg. HP II (+20% hp)

My concern with this is that the 2 variant might be more OP than the regular one, outweighing the loss of charging or breakfall.

Yz

^ But then it would be similar to Mobility Boost or Counter II, no?
DISCORD killyzkill

MurdeR

Well, ^^ i was about to do a topic about  "stats increasments".
So, i think a nice passive skill is that wich gives : HP/Transformation Gauge/and atack speed, idk you can do this, but this will be a great step for bout.
IGN | MurdeR
Lv | 225~270
Guild | Utopia
Specialty | Sector

Corr

**** stat increases.

Bring out the stat decreases.

ZeaL - Rank 1 Hax, just because
I do it for the lulz.

Allie

Quote from: Corr on July 19, 2012, 10:11:19 PM
**** stat increases.

10% more hp = 10% more damage the opponent have to deal to you = debuff on the opponent (technical stat decrease).

Corr

I rather have self-stat decreases.

i.e Using Dark Meto = - 25% of your HP.

kthx.

I do it for the lulz.

FuRy

July 19, 2012, 10:33:16 PM #8 Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 10:35:12 PM by FuRy
Quote from: Yz on July 19, 2012, 10:04:19 PM
^ But then it would be similar to Mobility Boost or Counter II, no?

The point Allie made in the first post was that the state of not having charging, mobility boost, or existing passives is equal to the benefits you get (eg +10% hp). Think of it as a balance.

If +20% hp passive is introduced as well as a 2 skill, think of it as adding more weight to that side of the balance. Therefore the +20% hp passive's benefits outweighs the state of not having existing in-game passives, making the new passive statistically OP.

That's just my opinion on whether there should be 2 skills to these stat increases.

Allie

I'll make all active skills halve your attack damage then. Sounds good to me. Feedback?

Corr

I do it for the lulz.

Rossbach

July 19, 2012, 10:35:51 PM #11 Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 10:39:00 PM by Rossbach
Quote from: Allie on July 19, 2012, 10:24:34 PM
Quote from: Corr on July 19, 2012, 10:11:19 PM
**** stat increases.

10% more hp = 10% more damage the opponent have to deal to you = debuff on the opponent (technical stat decrease).

Typically most high lv people have around 10k-13k hp.

= 1k-1.3k more hp.

Ross hits 500 normal hits, 700 with active skill (I) = 2-3 more hits.

Omnomnom eating toast.

mo9

adding a new skill is kewl and all but don't you guys think it'll unbalance things a bit ?
things aren't that balanced atm so yeah imo we don't really need a new skill
ZeaL Rank 1 BvB, just because

vv secks box

KillerPig

wat we need to do is NERF EVERYTHING

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

Scythe

Lul make breakfall II,you dont fall at all
Don't think, feel

Pokeh

Remember in old bc when you banned gc till i had to make a petition and get most of the forum players to agree with me? :p

btw the varience has been suggested before. Diff story that you realize it till now.

w.e you do, keep a varience and decrease overall OP with it. Dont forget impact on sector.

Allie

@GC ban
I've gained professional judgement since the start of BC. Dealing with this shit for 3 years helped carve my judgement into that of a good head administrator. Most of the shit I've done in the past I would bitch at myself for now.

hawk5005

Speed boost for surge, TG for ram and TA/TD for patch like it's supposed to be.

Iridion

dont make the game worse, dont touch active skills and release passive skills that doesnt influence the gameplay as much as a certain gun does

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

hawk5005

July 20, 2012, 08:53:32 AM #19 Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 08:55:25 AM by hawk5005
Why not add passive effects to coin sets.
Let's say for the Spartan complete set (minibot, wings, head) you get  5% speed boost or something. Would be pretty cool, and not really so unfair since pretty much everyone can afford a full coin set.

antisickness

Quote from: hawk5005 on July 20, 2012, 08:53:32 AM
Let's say for the Spartan complete set (minibot, wings, head) you get  5% speed boost or something. Would be pretty cool, and not really so unfair since pretty much everyone can afford a full coin set.

I like this idea. You could bring in whole set offers. Like the whole Spartan set for x coins.
In addition, you could make it a tad bit realistic in saying that, for example, the chomper set would slow you down since it's so large. However, it could increase reflexes. (getting up time after being knocked down)
And I dunno spartan set could increase physical damage but decrease gun damage?

@passive idea: I think it's a good idea but because everyone is so op the % increase would be big for high levels, though small for the low levels since they aren't op. turn down opness somehow and this could work.

Iridion

July 20, 2012, 09:08:34 AM #21 Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 09:09:00 AM by Iridion
omg its not about adding and adding but doing a little bit of tweaking around and REMOVING something that you'll make this game better
see inflaction for obv example :>

thats how we roll maddie

Scythe

Win
Don't think, feel

yeritsyaboy1

+1
Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.

Quote from: Materger link=topic=26991.msg276178#msg2

mo9

Quote from: Iridion on July 20, 2012, 09:08:34 AM
omg its not about adding and adding but doing a little bit of tweaking around and REMOVING something that you'll make this game better
this ^
ZeaL Rank 1 BvB, just because

vv secks box

hawk5005

Quote from: mo9 on July 20, 2012, 09:26:20 AM
this ^

Quote from: antisickness on July 20, 2012, 09:07:40 AM
I like this idea. You could bring in whole set offers. Like the whole Spartan set for x coins.
In addition, you could make it a tad bit realistic in saying that, for example, the chomper set would slow you down since it's so large. However, it could increase reflexes. (getting up time after being knocked down)

loewe98

hawk5005

Iridion

Quote from: hawk5005 on July 20, 2012, 09:27:10 AM
Quote from: mo9 on July 20, 2012, 09:26:20 AM
this ^

Quote from: antisickness on July 20, 2012, 09:07:40 AM

not with the actual situation where there is enough stats
if there was no elektra and stats was lower that would have been a good idea imo but not now

thats how we roll maddie

Jeffalo13

I totally agree with iri.  BoutCheetah does not need to have more items added to the game, but rather to modify the current items in the game.  Also, I personally would like BC to be as 'classic' BOTS as it can be, and adding random stat boosting items into an already overpowered game starts to make the great part of BOTS decay.
  I'M ON MY WORST BEHAVIOR

hawk5005

Quote from: Jeffalo13 on July 20, 2012, 03:36:23 PM
I totally agree with iri.  BoutCheetah does not need to have more items added to the game, but rather to modify the current items in the game.  Also, I personally would like BC to be as 'classic' BOTS as it can be, and adding random stat boosting items into an already overpowered game starts to make the great part of BOTS decay.
That's why we have Bots. ::)

Allie

http://bots.zylongaming.com/

Xkiller712

Iridion

Quote from: Allie on July 20, 2012, 05:24:47 PM

just dont ruin bc plz

thats how we roll maddie

KillerPig

July 20, 2012, 10:43:25 PM #34 Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 10:44:00 PM by KillerPig
I totally agree with iri.
I totally agree with Jeff.

u guys are basically adding more stats to already op items

lol no

Jeffalo13

Yes, but you can only change the make up of BC until you reach the point where it is hardly even connected to BOTS.  I mean, there are currently altercation to BoutCheetah from BOTS Acclaim, but there are no vital additions, which is fine.

Anyways, no one would use an HP passive.  The only reason something should be added is if it would enrich the gameplay, and all stat boosters would do to an already stat-boosted game is make it worse.  I think the only things that should be added to BC are things that would truly advance the gameplay.  1500 extra HP is next to nothing, but something like Accelerator would really diversify PvP/BvB.
  I'M ON MY WORST BEHAVIOR

Cooky

Am I the only one who thinks no one would even use Accelerator?

Jeffalo13

Accelerator is basically infinite trans.  So, yes, I think some people would use it.
  I'M ON MY WORST BEHAVIOR

Pokeh

rams and possibly even surges will use this. tg is already high in the game. Accel in this game is just too OP.

KillerPig

Quote from: Cooky on July 20, 2012, 11:31:32 PM
Am I the only one who thinks no one would even use Accelerator?
yea :D

rams could shit on everybody

Cooky

anyone ever heard of TD (trans defense) ? lol..

Pokeh

Quote from: Cooky on July 21, 2012, 01:38:47 AM

people go ta in this game too. surprising, i know.

max td on ram/surge and trans can still do 200-300s. and its bc, chains are bound to happen.

soo trans is actually pretty deadly unless your a high level patch.

hawk5005

Yeah, accelerator is the best, lets forget breakfall/mobost, it's not like anybody can rush push me even if I take 3 seconds to get up.

Yz

Quote from: Pokeh on July 21, 2012, 01:47:28 AM

max td on ram/surge and trans can still do 200-300s. and its bc, chains are bound to happen.

Chains don't work here Poke, did you forget? You see them, but they don't take affect without the {ec} tag.
DISCORD killyzkill

Zack66775

Quote from: KillerPig on July 20, 2012, 02:50:39 AM
wat we need to do is NERF EVERYTHING
This isn't Diablo 3 Jay Wilson -.-

@ontopic: I like the idea of adding more passives. It does give some diversity and it would help alot in levels such as 172 hard mode and 228 hard mode where you are getting hit for very much (used low and high level to show member and nonmember) and need maybe that little bit of extra hp.

Goals:
100 posts [X] 500 posts [X] 1000 posts [X] 1500 posts [ ] 2000 posts [] Member [] << D:
Forum Mod [ ]

lasercut

I wonder if it's possible to make passives to alter stats while playing.

Say a berserker passive, when you hit z , it reduces your hp to say 50% and increase your atk by say 100?
OMG I updated my avatar

KillerPig

50%?

if ur at 25~30% or below maybe

Jeffalo13

Quote from: lasercut on July 21, 2012, 04:43:50 PM

Say a berserker passive, when you hit z , it reduces your hp to say 50% and increase your atk by say 100?

The skill would no longer be passive.
  I'M ON MY WORST BEHAVIOR

lasercut

Quote from: Jeffalo13 on July 21, 2012, 05:29:24 PM
Quote from: lasercut on July 21, 2012, 04:43:50 PM

The skill would no longer be passive.

so charge isn't a passive skill?
OMG I updated my avatar

Pokeh

Quote from: Yz on July 21, 2012, 11:55:03 AM
Quote from: Pokeh on July 21, 2012, 01:47:28 AM

Chains don't work here Poke, did you forget? You see them, but they don't take affect without the {ec} tag.

Everything past like x2-4 doesn't "count" but still shows. (x4 is rare, x2 is more common)

Soo multiply that with the damage output by a trans against even a full TD ram/surge and you're doing just as much as an untransed bot with an active skill. Except now you have faster speed/ whatever the traits of your trans are. Giving Accel will help you rape.

Now i know why trans damage is so low compared to untransed. Good thinking.

Xkiller712

Zack66775

I think most of us would be very interested in an hp steal passive. Currently sector level 184 is just ridiculous to do at that level and having something like this would allow for further progression

Goals:
100 posts [X] 500 posts [X] 1000 posts [X] 1500 posts [ ] 2000 posts [] Member [] << D:
Forum Mod [ ]

KillerPig

July 25, 2012, 04:12:50 PM #52 Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 04:13:01 PM by KillerPig
lal
itd be way to easy

even its it just like 10 hp per hit, thats a shitload of health ud get

lasercut

Lucky passive pl0x. Sacrifice speed with drop rate. I think it's fair.
OMG I updated my avatar

Adamp

hp steal passive would be OP in sector

Zack66775

Goals:
Forum Mod [ ]

ReSigNeRs

KillerPig

100 hp, only triggered by the final hit of a combo

Zack66775

Quote from: KillerPig on July 28, 2012, 12:59:31 PM
100 hp, only triggered by the final hit of a combo
:OOOOOOOOOOOO genius.

Goals:
Forum Mod [ ]

ReSigNeRs

Blessed

Vs.

xXBoutBossXx

Yea, do whatever your saying  ;) i think good idea

Rossbach

Quote from: Blessed on July 28, 2012, 03:20:37 PM
nerf speed plz

But then Ross cant do sector maps in under 30 seconds.

Omnomnom eating toast.

daniel4667

That would be a great idea Allie but keep the old passive skills too ;)!!!

Toast

Quote from: daniel4667 on September 11, 2012, 07:28:54 PM
That would be a great idea Allie but keep the old passive skills too ;)!!!

They weren't planned on being removed.

xbaras

I don't really agree. There are already plenty of stat-boosting items, including:
  -parts
  -wings
  -merc
  -trans
  -minibot

Pretty much everything else increases your stats. Maybe except gun, but dm gives a slight stat boost there too. Not that it's bad, of course  ::)

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-