May 24, 2024, 12:14:38 AMLatest Member: ftaletnlkg
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » Any decent modellers/animators any of you are or know?

Any decent modellers/animators any of you are or know?

Started by Allie, September 02, 2012, 08:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

123bomb123

Best chance is to go to a GFX forum or something, I doubt most people here are going to be much help with modelling

Ya, I meant to offend you all. Maybe you can try and get better now.
IGN: MisterZ

ZeaL - Rank 1 in antagonizing, just
because.

Rub me out like genies, won't concede til I'm graffiti
Quote from: Yz on January 14, 2012, 06:48:35 PM
mrz is like top 40 and would probly be like
"fuk yeh n00bs im god bow to god''

Allie

We're probably going to get all our graphics from professionals like we did our logo.
As for a team, I'm working on that now. I'm considering making a small team for everything, from sound effects (tricky, poke, etc) to gameplay proposals/story, etc.

antisickness

If you go to a gfx forum the chances of finding a modeller are slim to none. If you do, they'll most likely model off blueprints so they'd have little experience modelling freely. Modelling freely is twice as hard as blueprint modelling. You'd need somone dedicated; someone who's done modelling for games before. Even then you'd need a handful of them unless you want the game to be low-poly.

123bomb123

because.

Allie

Quote from: 123bomb123 on September 02, 2012, 11:35:44 PM
Quote from: Allie on September 02, 2012, 11:30:57 PM
from sound effects (tricky, poke, etc)

I lol'd too but saying no to a failed sound effect is pretty easy, and I like saying no.

Purple

Quote from: Allie on September 02, 2012, 11:43:00 PM
Quote from: 123bomb123 on September 02, 2012, 11:35:44 PM
from sound effects (tricky, poke, etc)

I lol'd too but saying no to a failed sound effect is pretty easy, and I like saying no.

You talk about being more professional yet that sentance shows that you aren't anywhere near being a 'professional'.

^**** im special xd

Allie

Do not understand your illogic. If someone's willing to help I'll gladly accept it but if they're not worth it it's easy to say no.
^more professional for you?

123bomb123

because.

Purple

Quote from: Allie on September 02, 2012, 11:55:58 PM
Do not understand your illogic. If someone's willing to help I'll gladly accept it but if they're not worth it it's easy to say no.
^more professional for you?

The sentence's wording is what made it seem unprofessional, imo. Getting the same point across (like you did above) with different wording makes it look a lot better.

^**** im special xd

Pokeh

We're probably going to get all our graphics from professionals like we did our logo.
As for a team, I'm working on that now. I'm considering making a small team for everything, from sound effects (tricky, poke, etc) to gameplay proposals/story, etc.
reminds me of my Zylon Aesthetic Team :[

123bomb123

because.

leapman

September 04, 2012, 01:02:40 AM #26 Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 01:06:50 AM by leapman
Would you be willing to have a old chap like me on the team?

@anti so true but in order to run a efficient game you need low poly items. Seriously I don't think everybody's pc can run Crysis 2 graphics can we.
<br />http://mrbreadmaker.ga<br /><br />SC: breadstickmaker<br />EGK #Aphrodite<br />

Allie

leapman

September 04, 2012, 01:08:25 AM #28 Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 01:43:56 AM by leapman
Um. Sure I am really good I know the trailer came out shitty because I didn't really have blue prints, I had to look closely ingame at the surge in order to develop that character. Please choose me I am serious about this.
<br />http://mrbreadmaker.ga<br /><br />SC: breadstickmaker<br />EGK #Aphrodite<br />

antisickness

Quote from: leapman on September 04, 2012, 01:02:40 AM
@anti so true but in order to run a efficient game you need low poly items. Seriously I don't think everybody's pc can run Crysis 2 graphics can we.

Did you read what game they are trying to make? I invisioned the game to be a 9dragons type game so its gonna be on the higher graphic end. If you take this job, you need to be efficient  but you're gonna be worked to death since the time it takes for a non blue printed item would be so long. Unless you go for low poly, lower than rs to get everything done in a healthy amount of time.

You mentioned the lack of blueprints before so i'm guessing you're a blueprinter, the most common type of modeler, this game is made from scratch so you either need to imagine and draw up the models by hand to scale and blue print them or just get your box and do some extrudes until it looks "cool".

Good luck I hope you get the spot but it's gonna be one steep mountain to climb if you're the only one they're gonna hire.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-