June 13, 2024, 05:35:40 AMLatest Member: Jamesquida
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other BoutCheetah Stuff » Feedback/Rants » Something I don't understand

Something I don't understand

Started by Bashie, September 07, 2012, 05:21:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bashie

I haven't been here but a few weeks, but I've heard things. I've heard that you guys are good at business. I've heard that you guys are fairly professional. I've heard that you guys let me buy items. Okay, sounds cool. I'm glad this game is in the hands of people who can do it up right. But...I saw something today that was not cool.

Someone locked the name change thread because it didn't need to be debated, in their opinion. Excuse me? Obviously, more than a few people thought it was a ridiculous thing that should never been an issue. Acting like that? Bam. You have trivialized the concerns of some members of your community and shut down debate because of your own personal opinion. Guess what you just damaged?

It really is a minor thing, but looking back a lot of of threads here and elsewhere, I see that certain people don't seem to think that certain members of the staff have great attitudes (from one thread in particular that's in this forum, the mod who locked the thread), I see that many forums are dead,  and I have had to search in here for information that I think should have been available to me somewhere along the line very clearly.

It kills me, because I love the previous incarnation of this game, I think that as far as business goes, people seem to think you're doing the right things, but when it comes to what would really turn this whole package from good to great, a good relationship with your base, it does not seem like you have it. From my impression, it does not seem like people want to have it with you. I get that the playerbase is pretty ass sometimes. I play with them, you know? But...really?

Yz

September 07, 2012, 06:36:53 AM #1 Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 06:42:20 AM by Yz
I'm not completely sure on the incident you are referring too, but I assure you that we do the best we can to tend to the playerbase. The community is my primary concern and the biggest reason why I'm a Staff member for this game. If a FM or Ingame Mod abuse their powers we make sure we tell them that they have made a mistake and warn them not to do things like that again. Sometimes debates are locked because they get 'heated' and insults start getting thrown, or there's another reason like the thread is starting to be spammed. Also, don't forget that people can lock their own threads.

Can you link me to the thread that's bothering you? Also link me to any other threads that you see something wrong with and I'll tend to it.

If you are talking about the thread: "About illigal names" then I have to wonder if you're joking. Firstly, the thread was being spammed and filled with empty arguments not intended to change anything. Half of the arguments were just jokes to troll the thread. Also Allie wasn't going to change anything in the end anyways, because it's her call - she wasn't silencing a debate she was basically saying "Sorry, decisions final - locked". I hope that satisfies you, but still, let me know if there's any more problems.
DISCORD killyzkill

Xx Itz Ian

I'm not sure but i think he is talking about this topic
http://boutcheetah.zylongaming.com/index.php/topic,29761.0.html

if he is i agree with him.
League of Legends:
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=ianv
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=smurf+leblanc
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=qqdz

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  Xx ItZ Ian
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Yz

Then... @ian

Quote from: Yz on September 07, 2012, 06:36:53 AMIf you are talking about the thread: "About illigal names" then I have to wonder if you're joking. Firstly, the thread was being spammed and filled with empty arguments not intended to change anything. Half of the arguments were just jokes to troll the thread. Also Allie wasn't going to change anything in the end anyways, because it's her call - she wasn't silencing a debate she was basically saying "Sorry, decisions final - locked". I hope that satisfies you, but still, let me know if there's any more problems.
DISCORD killyzkill

Xx Itz Ian

i know it was being spammed, i won't call names *cough* Killerpig *Cough* but i still think the players also have rights to open their mind and clear that up in a post, by locking it you do not give me that chance, i think it would be better to warn the users that where spamming and if continued they should be given the warned status / or get a ban.

the point of the thread was pretty clear and those "Trolls" where showing how dumb the name thing acctually is.
also i said there was no rule against the names which is probertly another reason to delete the name filter.
League of Legends:

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  Xx ItZ Ian
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bashie

Quote from: Xx Itz Ian on September 07, 2012, 12:26:01 PM
i know it was being spammed, i won't call names *cough* Killerpig *Cough* but i still think the players also have rights to open their mind and clear that up in a post, by locking it you do not give me that chance, i think it would be better to warn the users that where spamming and if continued they should be given the warned status / or get a ban.

the point of the thread was pretty clear and those "Trolls" where showing how dumb the name thing acctually is.
also i said there was no rule against the names which is probertly another reason to delete the name filter.

Well, it's pretty much that. Just because you have the power to do something doesn't mean that you should. I'm not arguing that the decision to institute a filter is wrong and damaging inherently, but the justification for locking that thread when it was clear that people did have objections to what happened and virtually no one in the thread supported it was pretty...petty sounding. Like this man up here says, why not ban people instead of preventing people from discussing things that the community cares about? Why, if the community cares about something enough to debate about it and think that it's ridiculous would it be locked and someone say that debate was over so quickly?

The point is that, I'm closing this because this isn't worthy of debate, I've made up my mind, thread locked...is a horrible thing to say if you want to build up something with your playerbase. If, Sorry, decisions final - locked". I still would have been pretty annoyed, but it would have at least been BETTER.

Xx Itz Ian

League of Legends:

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  Xx ItZ Ian
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Yz

People weren't just stating their opinions. They were bashing a choice that was made and was absolutely final, all you were going to hear was "this is stupid I disagree with this" >_>
DISCORD killyzkill

KillerPig

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

Bashie

Quote from: Yz on September 07, 2012, 01:45:22 PM
People weren't just stating their opinions. They were bashing a choice that was made and was absolutely final, all you were going to hear was "this is stupid I disagree with this" >_>

Why is it a final choice? Why is it so inflexible when it was met with such contempt and derision? If all you were going to hear was that, why did you make the decision? I can't see what's wrong with debating something or even bitching about it. That seems to be what this section of the forums is here for. I CAN see what's wrong with making a decision that no one is defending but the moderation, who refuse to discuss the matter and just say "done". But even if you didn't want to debate it, there's no real reason to close it. This isn't a debate forum, this is a rants and feedback forum. If you want to complain about people giving bad feedback, don't make decisions that no one likes. I think that's the purpose of one of these things, right? Players talk about things they don't like so that the administration can take a look what what the players want.

I don't understand why this decision was made if the players don't like it. I mean, we're the ones who are going to be playing it, and there hasn't been a real justification for this, no explanation to why this is needed so badly that you can go against the majority on this issue, but EVEN ignoring that, there's no real justification for closing the topic because everyone would bitch about it, because that's what this forum is FOR.

Yz

I'll just reply to one segment of your post, since the rest of it is up to Allie, not me.

You think we should just make decisions that the players wanted? We'd make the most well-liked player a staff member, who wouldn't do anything. Our events would give our the best items, and we wouldn't have any rules... we'd do things that are dumb :/ We make decisions that are best for the game, not for the playerbase specifically.
DISCORD killyzkill

Bashie

September 07, 2012, 02:53:08 PM #11 Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 03:02:40 PM by Bashie
Quote from: Yz on September 07, 2012, 02:45:12 PM
I'll just reply to one segment of your post, since the rest of it is up to Allie, not me.

You think we should just make decisions that the players wanted? We'd make the most well-liked player a staff member, who wouldn't do anything. Our events would give our the best items, and we wouldn't have any rules... we'd do things that are dumb :/ We make decisions that are best for the game, not for the playerbase specifically.

I understand not always pandering to players. That's why I said that there's not a good justification. In my mind, generally speaking, players should have a bit of power of the games that they play, at least collectively, and when it comes to decisions like this that are basically about the community and the environment of it, I should think that the people who make up that community and mold the environment how they like would be an important voice.

This really is an issue about philosophy, about what players find important and what they'd rather give up to have something else versus...what the administration thinks is important and what they'd rather give up on their behalf. It's rather baffling to me. It's not like this is a G environment. People swear in games all the time, playful banter is somewhat vulgar, and things like that. When you have an environment like that, it doesn't make sense to try to do things to limit it, not in that way, or limit it without that community having much sway in how it's limited or knowing why it should be limited in detail when that community seems to not want to be limited in that way.

And what's more, this is an entirely different type of situation than one influencing gameplay, where people might not know by default or might not be experienced enough to determine what is best for the game in that particular situation. This is an entirely different beast.

Last edit, I swear on me mother's grave.

KillerPig

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

Yz

Too many points for just one topic that got prematurely locked.

People may debate all they want, but the thread was overrun by trolling and arguments. Corr was arguing with Allie about something that really couldnt be argued against because it was a troll-argument, he couldn't be punished by that, everyone else who was 'spamming' was still contributing to a degree.

The thread gets locked when it looks lost, there were like 5+ people ruining the thread and no one seemed to really care at that point. It was pretty much completely discussed by page 3-4 >_>
DISCORD killyzkill

Bashie

Quote from: Yz on September 07, 2012, 03:08:36 PM
Too many points for just one topic that got prematurely locked.

People may debate all they want, but the thread was overrun by trolling and arguments. Corr was arguing with Allie about something that really couldnt be argued against because it was a troll-argument, he couldn't be punished by that, everyone else who was 'spamming' was still contributing to a degree.

The thread gets locked when it looks lost, there were like 5+ people ruining the thread and no one seemed to really care at that point. It was pretty much completely discussed by page 3-4 >_>

Well, this wasn't just about that topic, although that was the example that was clear, because being new here, I have to go by what the community says and old forum topics for my broader point. I'd like my points to really be addressed. Buuuut because I can't help myself sometimes...

The last ten posts or so were joke comparisons to show that offense is subjective and all that good stuff. The bulk of the thread was filled with real opinions submitted fairly respectfully. A post saying, "Okay, we get it, let's get back on topic" would have been sufficient, but instead, "This topic isn't worthy of discussion". Overkill isn't a strong enough word for this situation. There wasn't any real interaction or debate involved from the modstaff. There was, "Tits is block, sorry". And, "These words have been added to the list", but no one really stopped to talk to the players at all to justify why there even had to be a block list, and their points were ignored. And in any case, that doesn't nullify the point that even if the administration just didn't care about what we thought and didn't want to talk to us about it, this is a rants and feedback forum, and you have to expect that when you go there, especially in a thread focused on a decision that few seem to support, you're going to have people who are less than pleased.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-