April 23, 2024, 02:46:04 PMLatest Member: BadKing2
BoutCheetah » Forum » Zylon Gaming » Announcements » In spite of recent events...

In spite of recent events...

Started by Allie, September 23, 2012, 11:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xbaras

Quote from: DarkShadow89 on September 24, 2012, 01:25:47 AM
Everyone needs to realize this is a game, and stop freaking over gigas. Go get some fresh air. I like the idea... I dont play BC a lot but it would seem beneficial by making the game more welcoming to newer players. YAY FireyDevel is back <3
If they wipe all gigas, I want the 100 hours of my life back (idk how long I really spent, but something like that)

Epic xD

Quote from: KillerPig on June 24, 2011, 07:49:43 AM
I've been debating with myself about this for a long time now. No, I'm not leaving BC, but when I get back, I'll be asking the girl I've liked for a long time to go out with me. Wish me luck. Zomg I'm so excited.

Zdragow

September 24, 2012, 02:33:04 AM #62 Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 02:34:57 AM by Zdragow
If any of you were actually in-game at the time of the Q&A you would realize that the resetting of personal wealth would only be used as a last resort. Instead, Allie has come up with come different options that will be implemented long before personal wealth is touched. To quote another poster in this thread:

Quote from: KillerPig on September 24, 2012, 12:00:31 AM
Allie's ideas:

Option 1. remove all means of getting gigas (sector, bvb, pvp, reselling to shop) ------- temporary
Option 2. put 1% tax on all transactions ingame, 3% on marketplace --------- permanent
Option 3. implement several new "money sinks". ex: 200 mill for custom lobby color for 1 week

These are the things that the higher ups are thinking of at the moment, not resetting all personal wealth. Arguing about the worst case scenario does not do anyone any good except to cause stress and unneeded tension within the community. This being the case, I would recommend we concentrate on the here and now.

I for one support the implementation of all three of these options. I support number one because it would force players to rely on a set amount of gigas for a period of time, therefore lowering the prices of items as players try to compensate for the lack of a continuous flow of currency. This actually does seem like a good idea. As an example: say a billionaire in the game comes across a C.A.T. +2 Patch body. Instead of setting the price of that item at well over 10,000 gigas when the actual game-store item is worth 2,900, that billionaire would have to realize that not everyone is going to possess a vast sum of currency and would have to price the item lower in order to make a profit instead of charging a ridiculous fee for a special item found from dropping.

I support the implementation of option two simply because it would get rid of excess gigas. It would definitely help to curb the inflation problem by ensuring that there will be gigas that will never be seen again by anyone. It will help people to treasure their gigas a bit more and teach them to think about keeping the prices at non-ridiculous levels. The 1% tax on the in-game store will also entice more people to purchase from the store as well rather than the marketplace, which would have a 3% tax.

Option three I support simply because it can be seen as a status item. As an example: if the new economy were to go into effect, it would make it that much more difficult to accumulate a massive amount of gigas. So say there is a vanity item that is priced at 50,000,000 gigas. Since acquiring that many gigas would be that much harder in this new economy, that item could be considered a personal achievement as well as a testament to the other players about how much you've dedicated to the game by being able to purchase said item (which would also keep the customers from acquiring insane amounts of gigas). Now for all those naysayers out there that say this will not work at all, I laugh. Just take a look at prime example games like Team Fortress 2. Enough said.

As a final point: the mods are going about this democratically and allowing the community members to have a say before implementing it. Take advantage of that.

Rossbach

September 24, 2012, 03:12:40 AM #63 Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 03:15:32 AM by Rossbach
Quote from: Zdragow on September 24, 2012, 02:33:04 AM
If any of you were actually in-game at the time of the Q&A you would realize that the resetting of personal wealth would only be used as a last resort. Instead, Allie has come up with come different options that will be implemented long before personal wealth is touched. To quote another poster in this thread:

Quote from: KillerPig on September 24, 2012, 12:00:31 AM
Allie's ideas:

Option 1. remove all means of getting gigas (sector, bvb, pvp, reselling to shop) ------- temporary
Option 2. put 1% tax on all transactions ingame, 3% on marketplace --------- permanent
Option 3. implement several new "money sinks". ex: 200 mill for custom lobby color for 1 week

These are the things that the higher ups are thinking of at the moment, not resetting all personal wealth. Arguing about the worst case scenario does not do anyone any good except to cause stress and unneeded tension within the community. This being the case, I would recommend we concentrate on the here and now.

I for one support the implementation of all three of these options. I support number one because it would force players to rely on a set amount of gigas for a period of time, therefore lowering the prices of items as players try to compensate for the lack of a continuous flow of currency. This actually does seem like a good idea. As an example: say a billionaire in the game comes across a C.A.T. +2 Patch body. Instead of setting the price of that item at well over 10,000 gigas when the actual game-store item is worth 2,900, that billionaire would have to realize that not everyone is going to possess a vast sum of currency and would have to price the item lower in order to make a profit instead of charging a ridiculous fee for a special item found from dropping.

I support the implementation of option two simply because it would get rid of excess gigas. It would definitely help to curb the inflation problem by ensuring that there will be gigas that will never be seen again by anyone. It will help people to treasure their gigas a bit more and teach them to think about keeping the prices at non-ridiculous levels. The 1% tax on the in-game store will also entice more people to purchase from the store as well rather than the marketplace, which would have a 3% tax.

Option three I support simply because it can be seen as a status item. As an example: if the new economy were to go into effect, it would make it that much more difficult to accumulate a massive amount of gigas. So say there is a vanity item that is priced at 50,000,000 gigas. Since acquiring that many gigas would be that much harder in this new economy, that item could be considered a personal achievement as well as a testament to the other players about how much you've dedicated to the game by being able to purchase said item (which would also keep the customers from acquiring insane amounts of gigas). Now for all those naysayers out there that say this will not work at all, I laugh. Just take a look at prime example games like Team Fortress 2. Enough said.

As a final point: the mods are going about this democratically and allowing the community members to have a say before implementing it. Take advantage of that.

Ross applauds you for that awesome first post. Glad to have someone new here that is actually smart. Except the billionaire example, unless Ross is misinterpreting what your trying to say. The reason the person sells it for a higher price than the shop one is due to the bonuses the +2 had over the +0 shop item. 90% of the Gigas in game was most likely gotten illegitimately, because of all the glitches over the years, spawned Gigas that was leaked out from staff, such as back in the past when Allie would handed out 100's of millions of spawned Gigas from some silly puzzle questions. ::)

Omnomnom eating toast.

Allie

Corr

Quote from: Zdragow on September 24, 2012, 02:33:04 AM

Fira didn't come up with anything that was half as good as Ross + Corr idea.

If so, Fira should post these so called ideas otherwise they're irrelevant.

ZeaL - Rank 1 Hax, just because
I do it for the lulz.

Zdragow

Quote from: Rossbach on September 24, 2012, 03:12:40 AM

Except the billionaire example, unless Ross is misinterpreting what your trying to say. The reason the person sells it for a higher price than the shop one is due to the bonuses the +2 had over the +0 shop item.

To clarify just a bit on what I meant: I do indeed realize that the seller of an item with bonuses would sell an item for a higher price than what the "stock" item would be set at, simply because the better quality item is not purchasable from the in-game store (I merely used the stock price as a reference point). My point on what I was attempting to convey there was that even though the non-stock items would indeed be sold at a higher price than the stock items, it is still not any reason to demand an unfair price for sector-drop items.

i.e.:
If a C.A.T. Body is sold at a stock price of 2,900G,
then a C.A.T. Body +2 should not be sold for more than 10,000G. It's completely illogical.

Quote from: Allie on September 24, 2012, 03:14:39 AM

ily

And thank you, Allie. I feel honored~

hawk5005

^ It's ilogical but it's the way things works since everyone has millions of gigas.

Xx Itz Ian

Why don't you just reset everything if you think that will help?
Like everybody has 0 posts
Lvl 1
0 gp
0 gigas
0 coins
0 botstract
0 event items

/sarcasm

Dumbest idea from a proffesional game company. You think they reset everybody's gold on WoW if 10% of the users farmed? No that would kill the community which will also happen here.
League of Legends:
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=ianv
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=smurf+leblanc
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=qqdz

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  Xx ItZ Ian
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Zdragow

Which makes me think...would cutting the winning amounts of gigas from sectoring be a viable idea?

I do remember one of the mods (Selene?) saying something along the lines of that; but, I am unsure if it was over EXP or gigas.

Rossbach

September 24, 2012, 05:44:16 AM #70 Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 05:46:35 AM by Rossbach
Quote from: Zdragow on September 24, 2012, 05:00:03 AM
Quote from: Rossbach on September 24, 2012, 03:12:40 AM

Except the billionaire example, unless Ross is misinterpreting what your trying to say. The reason the person sells it for a higher price than the shop one is due to the bonuses the +2 had over the +0 shop item.

To clarify just a bit on what I meant: I do indeed realize that the seller of an item with bonuses would sell an item for a higher price than what the "stock" item would be set at, simply because the better quality item is not purchasable from the in-game store (I merely used the stock price as a reference point). My point on what I was attempting to convey there was that even though the non-stock items would indeed be sold at a higher price than the stock items, it is still not any reason to demand an unfair price for sector-drop items.

i.e.:
If a C.A.T. Body is sold at a stock price of 2,900G,
then a C.A.T. Body +2 should not be sold for more than 10,000G. It's completely illogical.

Ross understands what your saying now. The problem about this is that the shop prices were set up when BC was released, however they never expected there to be over 150 billion Gigas to be in circulation. So what your aiming for in that example is how messed up everything is. That is why it is a good idea to reset Gigas. If the Gigas were to be reset, and the rates that people gain it are changed, this problem will be fixed. In the past 2,900G was the normal price of it, but as Hawk said, due to the fact of all the Gigas in circulation the inflation is completely illogical, causing a body +2 part to have such an abnormal asking price compared to the listed shop price.  ::)

Omnomnom eating toast.

Corr

^ Sector alone wouldn't be enough.

The problem with this is the inflation like you said, BC staff never thought of putting a cap on the total amount of gigas in-game. It should be around 1.247 billion gigas by now from last night.

I suggested halving the gigas in total. Then because their is no such thing as an insta fix in this game without having 90& of the community raging, certain players thought that taxing/taking the gigas of the rich people (200bill + like N and Max) by 20% and everyone else under 200bill will have 7-9% of their gigas deleted for the course of 2-3 months. It's the best decision by far without getting people angry albeit taking a little time.

The total gigas in the game should be:

Total gigas in everyone's account (Non banned) + total gigas in gift boxes (non banned) - Banned accounts = Real amount of gigas in-game.

Kenny's numbers from the total gigas are inaccurate like he said because it included banned account gigas and didn't include gigas in the gift box.

3-4 months from now after all the percentages are in order and everyone's gigas have been depleted we'll return to a stable economic system, by then admins should figure out what the cap of total gigas should be, and something like this will never happen again (Unless someone screws up by not looking at every variable)  ::)

I do it for the lulz.

hawk5005

Check the wealth rankings, there is a cap: 2147483647 Gigas.

Corr

Quote from: hawk5005 on September 24, 2012, 05:52:43 AM
Check the wealth rankings, there is a cap: 2,147,483,647 Gigas.
That's not the cap? O.o

I'm talking about overall gigas (Like how certain countries only have a certain amount of currency in order to avoid inflation)

I do it for the lulz.

Rossbach

September 24, 2012, 06:06:02 AM #74 Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 06:07:13 AM by Rossbach
Quote from: Corr on September 24, 2012, 06:02:39 AM
Quote from: hawk5005 on September 24, 2012, 05:52:43 AM
Check the wealth rankings, there is a cap: 2,147,483,647 Gigas.
That's not the cap? O.o

I'm talking about overall gigas (Like how certain countries only have a certain amount of currency in order to avoid inflation)

^ For example once the overall Gigas reaches 10b, there will be no way to add anymore Gigas into the economy by Sector, PvP, BvB, and selling items to shop.  ::)

Omnomnom eating toast.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-