April 28, 2024, 11:26:11 AMLatest Member: gginn1541
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » General Discussion » Just wanna make a public statement

Just wanna make a public statement

Started by Allie, October 11, 2012, 04:48:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Materger

Quote from: MagicXR on October 11, 2012, 07:36:13 PM
Because there isn't a big difference between lying and scamming. If you think about it scamming is lying. Lying is not against the rules

Scamming is different, lets say I "Materger" were to lie and say the grass is "blue and yellow" did I scam anyone?

Now lets say I'm going to sell you some grass for $1,000 dollars(knowing that there is grass all around use, I didn't "lie", I just told you how much I was selling grass for).

^~^

squirtle! squirtle! 

-EGK-

frog

what about if i said SELLING MEMBERSHIP 10m each and after i get the gigas i say "I LIED!" so i didn't break a rule :D :D

hawk5005

Quote from: MagicXR on October 11, 2012, 07:41:20 PM
Yea I know that but I'm saying that there are like two aspects of scamming and one of them is just like lying. Me not giving you something when I said you would and you payed for it is me lying to you but it is also scamming. Do you get what I'm trying to say?
I get it, but what was the whole point of that. Just repeating what we've previously said?

Quote from: frog on October 11, 2012, 07:42:37 PM
what about if i said SELLING MEMBERSHIP 10m each and after i get the gigas i say "I LIED!" so i didn't break a rule :D :D
Are you serious? Can you not read the above posts? We've been trying to prove the difference between lie and scam for the past hours.

Eat4two

Quote from: frog on October 11, 2012, 07:42:37 PM
How about re-read the thread and comments and you'll maybe, just maybe perceive it.
Either you're dumb or just pretending to be.

KillerPig

Quote from: hawk5005 on October 11, 2012, 07:34:38 PM
Why does nobody comprehend the difference between scam and lie.
because there is no difference

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

Selene

Scamming is a scheme/plan to defraud someone in order to make a profit.
Lying is not telling the truth or making a false statement.

Materger

Quote from: KillerPig on October 11, 2012, 07:47:12 PM

Quote from: Materger on October 11, 2012, 07:41:34 PM
Scamming is different, lets say I "Materger" were to lie and say the grass is "blue and yellow" did I scam anyone?

Now lets say I'm going to sell you some grass for $1,000 dollars(knowing that there is grass all around use, I didn't "lie", I just told you how much I was selling grass for).

^~^

Joo sure of dat my good sir?   ;D

squirtle! squirtle! 

-EGK-

hawk5005

Quote from: KillerPig on October 11, 2012, 07:47:12 PM
Quote from: hawk5005 on October 11, 2012, 07:44:29 PM
Are you serious? Can you not read the above posts? We've been trying to prove the difference between lie and scam for the past hours.

Quote from: hawk5005 on October 11, 2012, 07:37:44 PM
If you scam someone you take something unfair. You gain an unfair economic advantage. That is against the rules while telling someone that you're gonna put a good word for them and not doing it, isn't against the rules since you gain no economic advantage.
Read it, 5 times, 10 times, until you understand.

ghostkid17

It's basically scamming is lieing but lieing is not scamming.(but it is in certain situations)
-Oreos-
Quote from: Materger
I am now an Oreos fan!
Quote from: Allie
Oreos was a failed project.

KillerPig

October 11, 2012, 07:55:52 PM #39 Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 08:09:34 PM by KillerPig
no u guys are blindly spewing shit like always lulll

Jake Holten says
ok can some1 clarify this for me
is scamming = lying

Dewo says
no

Jake Holten says
y not
explain pls

Dewo says
you can lie
without scamming
you can lie without scamming
but you can't scam without lying

Jake Holten says
but u cant scam without lying

Dewo says
basically
lel

Jake Holten says
ya
so scamming is lying

Dewo says
well
it assists you in scamming

Jake Holten says
no
it is scamming
if i suddenly canceled a trade after i got item and was like lol fku
that lying
i lied about giving u wat i promised

Materger

October 11, 2012, 07:57:27 PM #40 Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 08:12:42 PM by Materger
Scamming may be assisted by a lie thus giving it some related similarity, but think about it like this when you lie, do you always scam? or when you scam do you always lie? Not always so it makes the two different.

Read the example I posted and the explanations of my fellow staff comrades. ^~^

Sir Pig, did I lie when I used this example?  ---> Materger- "Now lets say I'm going to sell you some grass for $1,000 dollars(knowing that there is grass all around us, I didn't "lie", I just told you how much I was selling grass for)."

squirtle! squirtle! 

-EGK-

KillerPig

Quote from: Materger on October 11, 2012, 07:57:27 PM
Scamming my be assisted by a lie thus giving it some related similarity, but think about it like this when you lie, do you always scam? or when you scam do you always lie? Not always so it makes the two different.
thats not the point...

scamming IS a form of lying

Yes, we get it. Lying isnt scamming.
but scamming is lying

hawk5005

October 11, 2012, 08:01:14 PM #42 Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 08:01:43 PM by hawk5005
Yet scamming is prohibited while lying isn't. If it was for us to censor lying it would be censoring free speech. Do you question every single game that has scamming against the rules?
@Pig you should know better than asking Dewo about these kind of stuff.

MagicXR

Quote from: KillerPig on October 11, 2012, 08:00:06 PM
Scamming my be assisted by a lie thus giving it some related similarity, but think about it like this when you lie, do you always scam? or when you scam do you always lie? Not always so it makes the two different.
thats not the point...

but scamming is lying

Materger

October 11, 2012, 08:03:17 PM #44 Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 08:04:55 PM by Materger
Quote from: KillerPig on October 11, 2012, 08:00:06 PM
thats not the point...

but scamming is lying
KillerPig-"SCAMMING IS LYING"

"Now lets say I'm going to sell you some grass for $1,000 dollars(knowing that there is grass all around use, I didn't "lie", I just told you how much I was selling grass for)."

^Scamming without lying?  or I'm I going crazy? Lolz

squirtle! squirtle! 

-EGK-

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-