June 18, 2024, 09:50:11 AMLatest Member: Rohit7240
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » General Discussion » So the huge update(next months one) will come with a guild reset right?

So the huge update(next months one) will come with a guild reset right?

Started by lara538, February 26, 2013, 10:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allie

Quote from: Iridion on February 28, 2013, 01:08:57 PM
Quote from: Allie on February 28, 2013, 12:57:29 PM
Quote from: Iridion on February 28, 2013, 12:25:33 PM
isnt the whole thing a bit too much restrictive

How so? As a huge game-changing update that will shift the entire POINT and FEEL of the game, I welcome feedback.

IMO giving players the chance to choose between two different team and "shift the entire point and feel of the game" is a nice thing, but i also think that the game has some well confirmed "traditions", and to me guild part is too much restrictive. also, remember when silence and red were the only "top" guilds in the game and only a few were remotely as big as them? imo this new update would bring back a little bit of that situation. also what if one wants to group with his friends who are in the other team ???

also will the whole thing be advertised widely in the game cus otherwise its going to flop like red/blue team thingy

We at BC always strived to move those traditions. If we still want to play BOTS, http://bots.zylongaming.com/ will always be there for us.
The restrictiveness of guilds are for good reason; we want to encourage competitiveness between the factions, but you'll still be able to play with the other faction, just not in any faction-specific activities.

And with our new engine, we have full control to advertise in-game, but our main goal is for it to be such a likeable feature that word of mouth spreads it. Story mode is planned to have cutscenes, mission NPCs (that you aren't there to kill) and plenty of other features that will make you hardly realize you're still playing BOTS. Its a real feel changer, and we're pretty excited to roll it out.

Plus, with red/blue, it was an optional thing. You can't even join a guild until you've chosen a faction here, and it must be a faction-specific guild. That's going to encourage some things, right?

Iridion

Quote from: Allie on February 28, 2013, 01:14:11 PM

How so? As a huge game-changing update that will shift the entire POINT and FEEL of the game, I welcome feedback.

IMO giving players the chance to choose between two different team and "shift the entire point and feel of the game" is a nice thing, but i also think that the game has some well confirmed "traditions", and to me guild part is too much restrictive. also, remember when silence and red were the only "top" guilds in the game and only a few were remotely as big as them? imo this new update would bring back a little bit of that situation. also what if one wants to group with his friends who are in the other team ???

also will the whole thing be advertised widely in the game cus otherwise its going to flop like red/blue team thingy

We at BC always strived to move those traditions. If we still want to play BOTS, http://bots.zylongaming.com/ will always be there for us.
The restrictiveness of guilds are for good reason; we want to encourage competitiveness between the factions, but you'll still be able to play with the other faction, just not in any faction-specific activities.

And with our new engine, we have full control to advertise in-game, but our main goal is for it to be such a likeable feature that word of mouth spreads it. Story mode is planned to have cutscenes, mission NPCs (that you aren't there to kill) and plenty of other features that will make you hardly realize you're still playing BOTS. Its a real feel changer, and we're pretty excited to roll it out.

Plus, with red/blue, it was an optional thing. You can't even join a guild until you've chosen a faction here, and it must be a faction-specific guild. That's going to encourage some things, right?

please tell me more about this "engine"

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

Allie

I can't do that, but I can tell you it makes almost everything in the game editable.

lara538

Story mode is planned to have cutscenes, mission NPCs

Man im getting a lot more excited each information that is released  ;D

Thanks for answering my question Yz and Allie
Thanks ang and spidey for the sigs! :3

(click to show/hide)

Iridion

Quote from: Allie on February 28, 2013, 01:42:40 PM
I can't do that, but I can tell you it makes almost everything in the game editable.
omg pls i wont tell ****

thats how we roll maddie

Xx Itz Ian

Is there going to be rivaly between the factions, like faction wars, faction points (same as guildpoints) etc.
League of Legends:
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=ianv
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=smurf+leblanc
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=qqdz

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  Xx ItZ Ian
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Iridion

thats how we roll maddie

lara538

Quote from: Iridion on February 28, 2013, 03:21:38 PM
Quote from: Allie on February 28, 2013, 01:42:40 PM
omg pls i wont tell Ugly ***gy Waggie Dingle Berrys
They can see using their secret spy:
Ross ::)
Thanks ang and spidey for the sigs! :3

(click to show/hide)

Allie

Quote from: Xx Itz Ian on February 28, 2013, 03:27:22 PM
Is there going to be rivaly between the factions, like faction wars, faction points (same as guildpoints) etc.

We are planning things such as the faction that has done more story mode runs (or something similar) gets an exp boost. These things are going to exist, but we haven't put too much thought into exactly what yet.

Rossbach

Omnomnom eating toast.

Allie

hawk5005

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-