April 19, 2024, 02:35:37 PMLatest Member: zbfpdlxm
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » Tips and Guides » Boutcheetah on Mac OSX? - YES!

Boutcheetah on Mac OSX? - YES!

Started by Madprox, February 27, 2013, 12:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madprox

February 27, 2013, 12:01:53 PM Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 07:16:48 PM by Madprox
I FIGURED IT OUT, AND IT WORKS PERFECTLY !!!!!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

EDIT:
How to run Boutcheetah on Mac OsX.
This is a guide on how to run Boutcheetah on a mac.
I have 2 laptops myself, a Macbook Pro 15", and a Medion (Windows) laptop 15".
I always use my mac for univeristy, to take notes on it, since the battery lasts for around 10hours fully charged.
I pretty much only used my Windows laptop to play Boutcheetah.
This was really inconvenient, so I have been looking for a way to run boutcheetah on Mac OsX for a long time,
AND I HAVE FOUND IT!

IF you have the same problem, this guide can help you, if you have the correct materials to do so, and if you follow this guide correctly.
If you do something wrong at a certain point, i can not help you, because i am no computer-expert, but i DO know that if you make a mistake at one point, you can destroy your whole mac. So pay attention.

I will link a video here, which tells you how to BOOT CAMP your mac.
Feel free to follow it, so you have video proof of the whole process, that may help you.
But also read what i type after this, because this video will not show everything in detail.

How To: Macbook Pro - BOOT CAMP
How to Install Windows 7 on MacBook Pro [the proper way]

Detailed Guide:
Okay, so, to begin with, you will need the following items:
- Mac
- Disc with an unused version of Windows 7. (or any other version)
- USB-stick or External Hard Drive.

Use the search option on your mac, and look for: Boot-camp Assistent.
run this program and it will help you through the whole process.

1. It will ask you to print a guide, this isn't needed, but you may do so, if you feel like reading everything on your own, instead of looking for guides like this one, or videos on the internet.
2. It will ask you to download extra software or not, Choose to download.
3. Select 'Save software on USB/HDD.
4. It will download the software and continue the process.
5. You now need to select the amount of memory space you want to clear from your mac, to use for windows.
6. Note: at least 20 GB will be needed. A clean version of Windows 7 will take around 5GB to install, and with only 15GB left, that's not alot to fill up.
I took 40GB myself, because it's mainly just for BC:
(click to show/hide)
7. after you select how much space you want, it will divide it. This may take a few minutes.
8. When this is completed, it will ask you to insert your unused Windows 7 disc, and start the installation.
9. Insert your disc, click 'start installation', and your mac will shut down, and startup in windows.

10. You should get a black screen, with a white loading bar that says "Windows is loading files..."
11. Then it will start windows, and begin the windows installation process.
12. If you have ever bought a windows comoputer before, you will recognize this, if not, it's pretty obvious what to do here.
13. Click 'Install Now', in the next screen.
14. Choose "Custom (Advanced).
15. THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART! IF YOU CHOOSE WRONG, BYE-BYE MACBOOK!
16. SELECT "DISC 0 PARTITION 3 BOOT CAMP"  -- Size should say whatever space you chose before (mine said 40GB)
17. If if gives you an error, and does not continue immediately, search the internet for the message it displays. (Again, i'm no computer-expert)
18. It shouldn't give you any errors, but one, something like: "Windows cannot be installed to Disk 0 Partition 3 (Show Details)"
If you click details: "Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space. Windows must be installed to a partition formatted as NTFS."
19. SELECT "DISC 0 PARTITION 3 BOOT CAMP", then click "Drive Options (advanced)", then click "_Format".
20. It should go from "Disc 0 Partition 3 BOOT CAMP"     to     "Disc 0 Partition 3".
21. Click continue.
22. Installation will begin, this will take a while.
23. Now windows 7 is installed. Congratulations.
24. However, not everything is done yet, remember the extra-software you just downloaded on your USB-stick/HDD?
25. Insert your USB-stick/HDD and run the setup.
26. This is a standard installation process, no need to worry about anything.
27. When finished, the computer will need to restart, so restart.
28. Your computer should shut down, and startup automatically in Windows 7.
29. DONE!

30. Go to this link: http://boutcheetah.zylongaming.com/index.php?action=downloads, and download Boutcheetah.
31. PLAY!

PROBLEMS:
If you try to run Boutcheetah, and something gives an error saying somethign about "Net.Framework", visit this link http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851 , download this program, and it should be fixed.

HINT: If you want to change from Windows 7, to MAC OSX, and the other way around, do one of the following:
1. When you shut down your computer, and you start up, when you are starting up, hold the button that says "Alt" or "Option".
2. When you are logged in on Windows 7, go to the taskbar on the right bottom of your screen, look for the Boot Camp icon, click it, and select to restart in Mac OSX.

Hope it's all explained clearly and that i could help.
- Mod Max

IGN: GM Max | Level: 270 | Guild: Utopia

ZeroUH

GJ, Max! I wish I could test it bby myself but I don't have a Mac ;/

Cooky

February 27, 2013, 12:19:13 PM #2 Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 12:22:13 PM by Cooky
Looks like this is a guide for how to install Windows 7 onto a Mac OSX (which there are already tons of guides for on the internet) and not a guide for playing Bout Cheetah on a Mac OSX. Especially considering the fact bout cheetah wasnt even mentioned in any of the steps.

nice job with it though

Madprox

Quote from: Cooky on February 27, 2013, 12:19:13 PM
Looks like this is a guide for how to install Windows 7 onto a Mac OSX (which there are already tons of guides for on the internet) and not a guide for playing Bout Cheetah on a Mac OSX. Especially considering the fact bout cheetah wasnt even mentioned in any of the steps.

nice job with it though
It is.
Once you have Windows 7 running, it's really not that hard to go to http://boutcheetah.zylongaming.com/index.php?action=downloads, click download, and play Boutcheetah.. Seems like the other 125.000+ members of boutcheetah know how to do that...

Cooky

I think you should name the guide 'How to run Windows 7 on Mac OSX'

Selene

February 27, 2013, 01:58:24 PM #5 Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 02:00:50 PM by Selene
Good job, Max.

cybercjt

Quote from: Cooky on February 27, 2013, 01:56:54 PM
just let it go man.. tch

good job on this guide
Normal / Low
IGN: LT.Surge / Psycho_Patch
Level: 172 / 7
Guild: None / None

Thx to Pig for the Raichu sig. :D

Badass PvPer I guess so.. XD

Madprox

Quote from: cybercjt on February 27, 2013, 02:20:05 PM
Quote from: Cooky on February 27, 2013, 01:56:54 PM
just let it go man.. tch

good job on this guide

Cooky

I dont really get it but you obviously took a lot of time to make this, really nice job Max thanks

Purple

cooky is right, this is a guide to installing windows on mac. Not playing BC on mac.

^**** im special xd

ZeroUH

Quote from: Purple on February 27, 2013, 02:36:54 PM
cooky is right, this is a guide to installing windows on mac. Not playing BC on mac.
Unless you know a way to play run it on iOS, and I really doubt that you have, this is the only way(tested).

Quote from: Madprox on February 27, 2013, 01:47:33 PM
Quote from: Cooky on February 27, 2013, 12:19:13 PM

nice job with it though
It is.
Once you have Windows 7 running, it's really not that hard to go to http://boutcheetah.zylongaming.com/index.php?action=downloads, click download, and play Boutcheetah.. Seems like the other 125.000+ members of boutcheetah know how to do that...

If you follow this ^, you can install BC on Windows, which will be installed on your macbook if you follow Max's guide.

Cooky

February 27, 2013, 02:53:19 PM #11 Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 02:58:59 PM by Cooky
Bout Cheetah cant be run on Mac OSX. You can run it on Windows though. This guide shows you how to install Windows on your Mac OSX. This guide does not show you how to play Bout Cheetah on a Mac OSX, it just tells you how to replace your Mac OSX with Windows. I believe this thread to be very misleading, especially the title. 'Bout Cheetah on Max OSX? YES!'. No.. thats wrong.. everyone knows you cant play it on Mac OSX. Everyone knows you can only play it in Windows.

Its like saying 'How to play Bout Cheetah on a PS3'. Then the steps tell you how to replace your PS3 with a computer so you can play Bout Cheetah.  But you cant play Bout Cheetah on PS3.. so its misleading.

Madprox

February 27, 2013, 03:07:07 PM #12 Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 05:16:19 PM by Madprox
Read the title, then read the guide.

It's explained correctly.

Selene

PM. PM. PM. Jesus.

Want to speak about the title being wrong, do it in PM.

Delta

Nice max, how long did it take to make this O.o

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-