May 23, 2024, 05:41:03 AMLatest Member: MichaelAvend
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » General Discussion » New flag system to be implemented!

New flag system to be implemented!

Started by Optimism, November 15, 2010, 10:56:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Optimism

New flag system to be implemented:

There are three new flags that, as players of BOUTCHEETAH, you will start to notice within the game -- Top Player, Top Guild and Hall of Fame. As of now, the Hall of Fame flag will go to each player that is able to ascend to the top of a specific rankings section (Individual PvP, Team PvP, BvB, Sector, Wealthy, etc.). Moreover, once a player achieves the number one ranking within one or more of these fields, that individual will be given the Hall of Fame flag, which will remain in that player's possession for the remainder of his play at BOUTCHEETAH, even if, he falls from the top ranking. The Top Guild flag is rather simplistic enough to understand -- each member within the rank one guild will receive one of these flags as an incentive to remain as the top and continue pushing the limit for those dreadful guild points. As of now, the Top Player flag is undecided as to how it will be incorporated within the rankings system.

I will post some screenshots later, when I have the chance.

~Optitard
- Opti -
- Sanctuary Founder | PvP King -
- Retired -

FireyDevel

Im not a big fan of this idea... The fact that the standings constantly change and vary will easilly cause a large uproar and controversy amongst the community. It also may not be legit... Ex: Famine was the guild in BOTS!! with the most gp, though it was all hacked, whereas guilds like ZeaL/EDX/others may have been considered the top guilds.

My point is that I feel this will bring out alot of unhealthy competition and different sides of people, take (unnamed) for example: This player was on top of the PvP rankings only to be found that many games were fought against a lvl 1 alt. Should this person be awarded the flag on merit?

This may turn into a popularity contest.
Redemption - We're more than hardcore, know how to start wars and scar yours...

Get ready for doom, because I've blackened the sun and I've bloodied the moon.

tanqq

A few more PvP tourneys and Opti is gonna be the richest -.-

Kevin

I should get the wealthy flag. lol.

Just saying.

Allie

The guild flag won't be implemented, and you got a few facts wrong there.
o.O.

I didn't choose hall of fame for #1 in that section, for example ICECOLD got the sector Hall of Fame flag instead of Thematic.

Optimism

November 15, 2010, 05:41:41 PM #5 Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 05:43:25 PM by Optimism
Quote from: Allie on November 15, 2010, 05:25:42 PM
o.O.

I didn't choose hall of fame for #1 in that section, for example ICECOLD got the sector Hall of Fame flag instead of Thematic.

It would help if more specifics were given last night..."Acclaim never used the top guild flag"; this was the extent of discussion about this topic. I shouldn't have assumed I suppose.

Also, I sort-of found a way to incorporate the top flag. Hall of famers may exist in multitudes but the top player within each section should have the top player flag. If I were to fall from the position in pvp, then I would be given the HF flag and I would lose the top flag, losing it to the player that passed me...

Post some screenies of the flag in addition to a more detailed plan-of-action and I'll edit or you can make the thread.

I'd give out the top guild flags anyway. Firey both ZeaL and EDX hacked in the old BOTS!! >.>.
- Opti -
- Sanctuary Founder | PvP King -
- Retired -

Hct13345

uh i think we shoul have top flags for each of the rankings. But the flags are one year and every year we look at rankings and see who is top now and we give the 1 yr to the next and etc. Or like every 6 months.

Styx

Gay. :|. Giving out flags that top other flags stats is lame. It should only give HP tbh.

Kevin

Yz

DISCORD killyzkill

kev453

I'd rather more regular new flags than 'specially selected VIP person' flags.

tanqq

o.O.

Why did Ice get the Sector Hall of Fame flag instead of thematic?

Gramps

Quote from: kev453 on November 16, 2010, 05:14:56 AM

^^ this.

^^meaty, muncay, zom & kenny <3

Yz

Quote from: kev453 on November 16, 2010, 05:14:56 AM

love you kletz
DISCORD killyzkill

zepher2211

o.O.

D:.
Powersurge
Headstrong

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-