June 26, 2024, 01:28:34 PMLatest Member: andykim4691
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » Another new gameplay commentary - MORE CRITICISM PLEASE

Another new gameplay commentary - MORE CRITICISM PLEASE

Started by Purple, May 30, 2013, 10:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple

^**** im special xd

Madprox

Har Har.
Not my kind of game, but i guess good review ._.

IGN: GM Max | Level: 270 | Guild: Utopia

qolderman

IGN: Caustic

^thanks cooky <3
Quote from: Cooky on August 03, 2014, 12:05:07 AM
whats wrong with eating a sock

Purple

^**** im special xd

Toast

Maybe talk a bit louder? It's kind of a bit quiet.

Pokeh

Purple

Quote from: Toast on May 30, 2013, 06:30:13 PM
Maybe talk a bit louder? It's kind of a bit quiet.
Meh. That's sort of the mic's fault, even if I raised the volume, it would still sound as if I was talking quietly. (If that makes any sense, lol)

It's gonna take a bit before I can buy a better mic, gotta fund games for the channel, too.

Quote from: Pokeh on May 30, 2013, 06:45:08 PM
uh look up tips to increase your views

Not many 'tips' that I don't already know, most of it's common sense unless you wanna do cheap things. Like sub4sub, paying for bots, etc. It'll just take time, I mean comparing myself to most of the other game 'reviewers' my content quality is pretty good.

^**** im special xd

Pokeh

yeah but now you have to get your material out there somehow and get an audience.

try doing more popular games but stray away from the cod shit, i guess.

You earning enough money to pay for the games you review yet?

Purple

Quote from: Pokeh on May 30, 2013, 06:59:09 PM
yeah but now you have to get your material out there somehow and get an audience.

Not really.

I would preferably wanna upload 10-12 videos a month.
So that's minimum (for new indie games) $100-240
Triple A games: $400-720

Ofc you know I can't say how much I make.

^**** im special xd

Allie

If you want my honest opinion, you're going the wrong way. I am probably the biggest watcher of lets plays on the website, and so far from what I've seen, calling your content mediocre is kind.

It's nice that you're trying to do this, but people don't want a "lets view" whatever this bullcrap is. I watch lets plays because it's fun watching someone experience the game for the first time. You're explaining the game while playing it, what's the point of that?

Lets players joins a game blind, and if you've played too many games, perhaps the journey of a lets player isn't for you. But this "lets view" crap isn't going to get you popularity.

Beyond the horrible game choice, and that you aren't lets playing right, your attitude and tone of voice need a real change. If you compare lets players, you're gonna need confidence in your voice if you're gonna do anything. Face cam doesn't matter, it's all in your voice. You seem too weak, too timid. You know what you're saying, but the emotion isn't there.

Start with some indie horror games. Arcade games aren't meant for lets plays unless they're lulz lets plays. And I'm certain you're not heading in that direction.

Purple

Quote from: Allie on May 30, 2013, 08:06:04 PM
If you want my honest opinion, you're going the wrong way. I am probably the biggest watcher of lets plays on the website, and so far from what I've seen, calling your content mediocre is kind.

It's nice that you're trying to do this, but people don't want a "lets view" whatever this bullcrap is. I watch lets plays because it's fun watching someone experience the game for the first time. You're explaining the game while playing it, what's the point of that?

Lets players joins a game blind, and if you've played too many games, perhaps the journey of a lets player isn't for you. But this "lets view" crap isn't going to get you popularity.

Beyond the horrible game choice, and that you aren't lets playing right, your attitude and tone of voice need a real change. If you compare lets players, you're gonna need confidence in your voice if you're gonna do anything. Face cam doesn't matter, it's all in your voice. You seem too weak, too timid. You know what you're saying, but the emotion isn't there.

Start with some indie horror games. Arcade games aren't meant for lets plays unless they're lulz lets plays. And I'm certain you're not heading in that direction.

It's not really a let's play? It's more of a first impressions video. Let's Plays have more than one episode, and (normally) show the whole game.

Also, yeah I know my speech needs work. I'm actually a super shy person irl. It's a bit odd making content that people you don't know are gonna judge.

Thanks for the criticism, if you have any more criticism / any tips I would love em in a PM.

^**** im special xd

Pokeh

Quote from: Purple on May 30, 2013, 07:22:42 PM
Quote from: Pokeh on May 30, 2013, 06:59:09 PM

Not really.

I would preferably wanna upload 10-12 videos a month.
So that's minimum (for new indie games) $100-240
Triple A games: $400-720

Ofc you know I can't say how much I make.
i never asked how much you make. Just wanted to know if you're getting profit or not yet ;[

Purple

I'll put it this way:

If I consistently made videos I have no doubt that I could fund $100-240 worth of games.

^**** im special xd

Bombz

Allie

Quote from: Purple on May 30, 2013, 08:17:38 PM
It's not really a let's play? It's more of a first impressions video. Let's Plays have more than one episode, and (normally) show the whole game.

But noone wants to see a "first impressions video". At least I wouldn't, and I actively watch every lets players videos released daily, so I like commentaries.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-