April 23, 2024, 01:30:39 PMLatest Member: BadKing2
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » General Discussion » What's your opinion on what a "rare" item should consist of?

What's your opinion on what a "rare" item should consist of?

Started by zomniethe4, July 07, 2013, 12:19:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zomniethe4

Zom

Madprox

Either good stats or good looks.
Not many of the same item (= thus rare)

IGN: GM Max | Level: 270 | Guild: Utopia

123bomb123

something not many people have or hard to get. What else is there.
IGN: MisterZ

ZeaL - Rank 1 in antagonizing, just
because.

Rub me out like genies, won't concede til I'm graffiti
Quote from: Yz on January 14, 2012, 06:48:35 PM
mrz is like top 40 and would probly be like
"fuk yeh n00bs im god bow to god''

ghostkid17

Something not purchasable in the normal shop, or obtainable on a normal sector map.
-Oreos-
Quote from: Materger
I am now an Oreos fan!
Quote from: Allie
Oreos was a failed project.

zomniethe4

Quote from: 123bomb123 on July 07, 2013, 12:25:23 AM
something not many people have or hard to get. What else is there.
Well if the item is not useful, some people do not find uses for them.
Some people consider rares anything that is expensive. There are many different things.

Zom

Rossbach

rare 1  (râr)
adj. rar·er, rar·est
1. Infrequently occurring; uncommon: a rare event; a plant that is rare in this region.
2. Excellent; extraordinary: a rare sense of honor.

Rare can be both something that there is little of, or something that is excellent. Ross prefers the first one, a rare item is rare because there are not that many of those items out there. However both of them go together to forum a scale, and that scale can also be broken up into sections. One such as the collectors section, and the other one is the normal consumers section. A collector will care a lot more about an item that is useless but there are very few of them (Liger) than consumers care more about a Jack head (which is why the price is so high), while the consumers care more about the Jacks and consider them rare because of the stats it gives, wven though there is so many in the game, it does not meet 100% of the population of BC. This means that both Jacks and Ligers are considered rare, but then you have to go and put it on a scare, what is more rare? Well that depends, there are 2 different scales, the collectors will say Liger head is more rare, while the normal consumers who simply want the best product will say the Jack head is more rare.  ::)

Omnomnom eating toast.

Bombz

Pokeh

I have more of a communist-esqe view of what "rare" is.

Imo, everything should be available to everyone at anytime. What makes something rare is (in BC's place) something such like a really low drop rate for items.

So for instance the Meto-merc which was just released should be available for everyone after it's been released, but as a 0.5% drop rate in base or something.

But since this server doesn't run on water, it's financially better to have these past event items unavailable to the general public after its over unless you buy them. Personally I disagree with it but can't argue against Allie/Kenny doing it this way.

Yz

Quote from: Pokeh on July 07, 2013, 02:18:12 AM

Imo, everything should be available to everyone at anytime. What makes something rare is (in BC's place) something such like a really low drop rate for items.

So for instance the Meto-merc which was just released should be available for everyone after it's been released, but as a 0.5% drop rate in base or something.

But since this server doesn't run on water, it's financially better to have these past event items unavailable to the general public after its over unless you buy them. Personally I disagree with it but can't argue against Allie/Kenny doing it this way.

that's how all games work though. I didn't really have anything to do with the prize but if I did I wouldn't make it drop afterwards. What's the point in being skilled enough to do 1p if you can just basegrind with your friend to get the merc?

"Event items" only come around for events in every game.
DISCORD killyzkill

Cooky

For me (E) parts are exactly what rare items should be

-Not overpowered/game breaking
-Collectable
-Very hard to get, extremely low drop rate
-Can be obtained by drops, doesn't cost money
-All players of any level can obtain them
-Can be traded/sold

lsqe

IGN: The Lsqe / The Lsqe 2 / Lsqe_Merc
Guild: - / - / The Company

ubeshocked

July 07, 2013, 12:30:40 PM #11 Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 10:36:01 PM by ubeshocked
rare item ??? ds +7 set 1 month ago
Hue
No discrimination: I swear I'll take gigas from everyone

familyguy- the legend the hero the 2mil stake dude the man of da moment

qolderman

Quote from: Cooky on July 07, 2013, 12:24:56 PM

-Collectable
-Can be traded/sold

+1  ;) I like how E parts looks like  :D
IGN: Caustic

^thanks cooky <3
Quote from: Cooky on August 03, 2014, 12:05:07 AM
whats wrong with eating a sock

Cooky

Quote from: Cooky on July 07, 2013, 12:24:56 PM

-Collectable
-Can be traded/sold

also I forgot to mention they are unique

Pokeh

Quote from: Yz on July 07, 2013, 09:13:06 AM
Quote from: Pokeh on July 07, 2013, 02:18:12 AM

that's how all games work though. I didn't really have anything to do with the prize but if I did I wouldn't make it drop afterwards. What's the point in being skilled enough to do 1p if you can just basegrind with your friend to get the merc?

"Event items" only come around for events in every game.

ya I get that logic too, but the event itself should just be an easier way of getting this brand new itemupon release. While people who want to obtain it after will have to buy it or go through hell to get their own.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-