June 16, 2024, 05:38:33 PMLatest Member: anjalisingh8
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other BoutCheetah Stuff » Report A Bug » Solved Bug Reports » Channel dont appear

Channel dont appear

Started by vicvif, November 18, 2010, 08:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vicvif

When i connect i click cyberspace, but there is no channel in the list? >:( :'( 

vicvif

Santa

This problem is caused due to having a firewall enabled on your pc.

If you do not have a firewall running, try checking your routers settings, enable DMZ, etc...

~RedEyes.

HiddenCamera

Or you can go back, then re-click on Cyberspace.  Works for me.  When you re-click, the channel should show.

Thanks to LiquidChaos^

vicvif

Santa

Hello, please allow me to access your computer to resolve your problem, you will need to download and install Teamviewer 5, (www.teamviewer.com), and then PM me the ID/Pass.

~RedEyes.

mmiicc0

Quote from: RedEyes on November 18, 2010, 10:11:18 PM
This problem is caused due to having a firewall enabled on your pc.

If you do not have a firewall running, try checking your routers settings, enable DMZ, etc...

~RedEyes.

I just thought this essential to point out, this probably varies depending on your anti-virus software.

For example: I am using AVG Anti-Virus Guard : Free Edition 8.0
I do not however experience any problems running/connecting to BC.

When giving help to somebody (this goes to redeyes). It is important to ask what anti-virus they are using if you think
it is a problem concerning their firewall, as you should know, all firewalls are connected with an anti-virus software.
"It's not the effort, it's the enthusiasm."

Opti, Iri, Xrow time! > Peanut, Butter, Jelly time!

Allie rage + Global Warming = Boom!

Women are like footballers, they're always kicking balls.

Santa

Quote from: mmiicc0 on November 19, 2010, 06:35:41 PM
I just thought this essential to point out, this probably varies depending on your anti-virus software.

For example: I am using AVG Anti-Virus Guard : Free Edition 8.0
I do not however experience any problems running/connecting to BC.

When giving help to somebody (this goes to redeyes). It is important to ask what anti-virus they are using if you think
it is a problem concerning their firewall, as you should know, all firewalls are connected with an anti-virus software.

The simplest way to fix his problem is for him to just disable the firewall part of the antivirus, or add port(s) to the exception list. It is honestly not that hard. If people are going to use firewalls, they need to know how to do stuff with them. I have had to come on 2-3 computers doing the same thing that I'll have to do for this guy. So just download teamviewer and ill fix it dude.

~RedEyes.

mmiicc0

Quote from: RedEyes on November 19, 2010, 07:14:25 PM
The simplest way to fix his problem is for him to just disable the firewall part of the antivirus, or add port(s) to the exception list. It is honestly not that hard. If people are going to use firewalls, they need to know how to do stuff with them. I have had to come on 2-3 computers doing the same thing that I'll have to do for this guy. So just download teamviewer and ill fix it dude.

~RedEyes.

You could instead just add the BC folder to the exceptions list on your AV.
"It's not the effort, it's the enthusiasm."

Opti, Iri, Xrow time! > Peanut, Butter, Jelly time!

Allie rage + Global Warming = Boom!

Women are like footballers, they're always kicking balls.

Dusk

I actually just added BC* Stuff to my exception list and it all worked fine for me.

Santa

Topic locked, no answer from the creator.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-