May 01, 2024, 02:43:13 AMLatest Member: Perydetof
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » Graphic cards

Graphic cards

Started by TobaccoLover, July 15, 2013, 05:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TobaccoLover

What should i know about it, this computer had viruses and it was not even working, so i sent it to a guy to fix it and he took out my Nvidia graphic card and put an Intel HD graphics,which sucks really bad for any game, i get like 10-20fps on any game

I searched all over on how to increase FPS on games because before i sent it to that guy to fix it, it would run most of my games with 60 fps but now i get really low fps, and i found out my graphic card was Intel HD graphics, and i clearly remember my old one was Nvidia
Now im looking to buy a new one and i just wanted to ask some of the people with experiences on this, i can't afford to buy expensive ones, and i don't need graphic cards which would run the newest game on high because this computer isnt so good itself, so i just need one of those normal ones which would give me a decent FPS on games like League of Legends, Modern warfare etc

Purple

You should probably share your pc specs. If you don't it's kind of hard to recommend a graphics card.

^**** im special xd

TobaccoLover

Intel i3 2.93 GHz
4gb RAM
64 bit operating system

Gramps

Whats your motherboard model? it'll be stamped on the board somewhere. What power supply do you have?  We need more specs or compatability could be a problem. Also, what price range are we looking at?

^^meaty, muncay, zom & kenny <3

Allie

Purple

Quote from: Allie on July 15, 2013, 11:34:08 AM
..if he did that without my permission, I'd complain and make him buy me a new graphics card.

if you're going for as cheap as you can, go for something like
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=2gb+video+card+pcie+x16+2.0&N=-1&isNodeId=1

If you're going for at least nice, look into if your computer supports PCIe x16 3.0. If so,
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=3gb+video+card+pcie+x16+3.0&N=-1&isNodeId=1

If money's not an issue,
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121724

Had to fix it.

^**** im special xd

fasterbro

I already got 3of the lasts Allie  ;D

TobaccoLover

Quote from: Gramps on July 15, 2013, 06:20:44 AM
Whats your motherboard model? it'll be stamped on the board somewhere. What power supply do you have?  We need more specs or compatability could be a problem. Also, what price range are we looking at?
not sure how to check my motherboard model , and im not sure what you mean by power supply
I searched why i get such a low FPS and i could tell it was the graphic cards after watching numerous videos and forum guides, made it clear after someone told me its not because of my RAM, he said that even if i had like 16gb of RAM i would still get  a low fps because i had an Intel HD graphics card, made sense since my other computer has only 3gb of ram and gives me alot more FPS than this

And yeah that dude only told me my computer would be formatted and rid of the viruses, ill ask him if he took and
i guess i won't question him alot, even if he did, can't do anything about it

Purple

Quote from: TobaccoLover on July 15, 2013, 01:35:09 PM
and im not sure what you mean by power supply
Y'know, the big square / rectangular thing.

Probably black with a warning sticker on it saying not to go within it because you could get shocked.

^**** im special xd

TobaccoLover

Quote from: Purple on July 15, 2013, 01:45:25 PM

Probably black with a warning sticker on it saying not to go within it because you could get shocked.
I don't see how that has much to do with a PC game's FPS

Purple

Quote from: TobaccoLover on July 15, 2013, 01:56:40 PM
Quote from: Purple on July 15, 2013, 01:45:25 PM

I don't see how that has much to do with a PC game's FPS

It can bottleneck your PC's performance, though it's unlikely, no harm in telling him what it is.

^**** im special xd

Gramps

Some cards need a higher level of power to run, some wont have the correct connectors, that's all. I had to upgrade my power supply to run a gfx card before. No point in having a card that needs say, 400 watts if you only have 300 watts or less. Or having a 6pin pciE  when you don't need it etc

^^meaty, muncay, zom & kenny <3

TobaccoLover

July 20, 2013, 11:17:46 AM #12 Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 11:42:29 AM by TobaccoLover
My sister mentioned the computer had a second graphic card, how do i know if i have more than one graphic card? If yes how do i switch to it?

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-