April 18, 2024, 12:39:49 PMLatest Member: Cole Palmer
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic »  how the ****

how the ****

Started by paranoia, November 06, 2013, 04:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paranoia

November 06, 2013, 04:11:12 PM Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 04:13:13 PM by paranoia
was BC started? Like what made them wanna make this business, how did they promote it? Where they worried about copyright stuff?
like did they pay a lot of money to make this at the very beginning.
EGK!

ultranoob123

BC was made just as bots died, so alot of people missed their favourite game, then a new version rises out of the dust... It probably had a bit of hype when it was first created
Slaughterking/Slaughterlord

toast <3

JustRK

Quote from: ultranoob123 on November 06, 2013, 05:01:25 PM
BC was made just as bots died, so alot of people missed their favourite game, then a new version rises out of the dust... It probably had a bit of hype when it was first created

It didn't really rise out of the dust, they DOS'ed the heck out of Bots Acclaim and slowly converted many players over to the old bc. Then bots died and sometime later this version came out with that original player base as well as with the new wave of players who had no where to go. I remember being level 200 in the older version of bc and when everything reset it made me want to quit, but as they say no one ever quits and now I'm more active than ever  ;D

paranoia

EGK!

xXassassinXx

Uhhh idk anything about bc's beggining but.....rk where u get that kool moving fire dog?
I LIKE TWAINS!!!
bully exterminator,Flaming master :F ;D~~~~~~~

Iridion

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

JustRK

Quote from: xXassassinXx on November 06, 2013, 05:28:18 PM
Uhhh idk anything about bc's beggining but.....rk where u get that kool moving fire dog?

It's a sprite  :) just save one to your computer with the right resolution and you can use it as your avatar.

ultranoob123

Im pretty sure its a growlithe

toast <3

Reviax

Quote from: ultranoob123 on November 06, 2013, 05:40:41 PM

Looks more like Arcanine to me.

ultranoob123

Quote from: Reviax on November 06, 2013, 05:42:40 PM
Quote from: ultranoob123 on November 06, 2013, 05:40:41 PM

Looks more like Arcanine to me.
You would be correct, couldn't remember what the evolution was called D:

toast <3

paranoia

What are you guys rambling about I want more information on BC history ::)
EGK!

Allie

Quote from: Iridion on November 06, 2013, 05:28:29 PM
allie pls do ur thing

righty

At the end of BOTS, an ex-staff member Tok and a random hacker Auron worked together on a private server named BOTS Evolution. Tok decided to derp out and Auron released a horribly coded source that barely worked at all. Many people took the source and tried to make it work, we happened to be the only ones who succeeded.

We hacked all the other private servers at the time, and then hacked BOTS to the ground and stole their users. DDoS'd the BOTS servers so it was down 100% (originally started with DoS, but they just started ip banning) and orange text spammed our link while it was up. Yeah, we were pretty immature back then, but hey, look where we are now.

Originally was entirely free to play, but a lulz game. We never really intended it to ever be a serious game, but eventually BOTS actually died after our year and a half of trying to shut it down. Zirak, who was on our team at the time, suggested we try to make money off it. At this point, it was still a hobby for free, though poorly hosted because it was entirely f2p. We made a horrible membership system that didn't really work, enough to get a VPS for awhile, but eventually evolved into a system that actually worked.

Eventually, we started making money, and decided to change it from a hobby to an actual job. In time, I quit my rl job because I moved and decided to move with kenny (until he decided not to live with me) and make it a full-time job, but Kenny lost interest.

That's where we are now, minimal updates previously because I was too busy working, now because Kenny doesn't feel like coding. I probably left out a lot, if you have any questions I can answer.

Madprox

Quote from: Allie on November 06, 2013, 07:27:14 PM
allie pls do ur thing

righty

(click to show/hide)
I loved your reply. "Rightyyyy", and a huge clear explanation. Way to go! *High-Fives*

IGN: GM Max | Level: 270 | Guild: Utopia

123bomb123

but..... who's auron !????!??!?!??!?!???
IGN: MisterZ

ZeaL - Rank 1 in antagonizing, just
because.

Rub me out like genies, won't concede til I'm graffiti
Quote from: Yz on January 14, 2012, 06:48:35 PM
mrz is like top 40 and would probly be like
"fuk yeh n00bs im god bow to god''

JustRK

Quote from: 123bomb123 on November 06, 2013, 08:00:06 PM

Bots was riddled with hackers.  The most famous spearhead against them was a staff member by the name of JrHarbort.  He cracked the whip in the community from 07-09 and the game held it's ground fairly well. JrHarbort lost his power after it was clear that he had interest in a private server of some sort (I can't exactly recall this part, maybe allie can). But shortly after his loss of power it opened the gates of destruction as now the hackers were free to roam the game and the player base dwindled as allie and santa (known as redeyes) put out bc and at first the likes of myself, tricky, gramps, etc swore to sink with the ship. Eventually we came to our senses and joined the old bc which was mainly run through what ever allie and santa had for resources. I disappeared shortly after the reset to find tricky had risen to the rank of admin.

Uhm. I'd explain more stuff, but I gotta bounce :P

Allie

Quote from: JustRK on November 06, 2013, 08:30:22 PM
lots of stuff

some were right, some were wrong.
first, jrharbort didn't do anything off the forums. he was demoted pretty much before BC came about due to his support for BOUT Evolution with tok, who, to my knowledge, was demoted for rebelling a decision by TheHistorian dude. Excuse if any of my BOTS knowledge is a bit fuzzy, i could have a few details mixed.

Second, tricky was with us the entire time. He was a staff member of BotsCheetah, the hacksite for BOTS before BC was even created. Gramps you are right though, I think. He moved on the second version of BC, after it came back up. At this point, BOTS was a sinking ship and everyone knew it. Some people decided still to avoid BC at all costs, because we were the ones who killed BOTS. Some still don't, but most have changed their mind.

-Speedy-

allie pls do ur thing

righty

At the end of BOTS, an ex-staff member Tok and a random hacker Auron worked together on a private server named BOTS Evolution. Tok decided to derp out and Auron released a horribly coded source that barely worked at all. Many people took the source and tried to make it work, we happened to be the only ones who succeeded.

We hacked all the other private servers at the time, and then hacked BOTS to the ground and stole their users. DDoS'd the BOTS servers so it was down 100% (originally started with DoS, but they just started ip banning) and orange text spammed our link while it was up. Yeah, we were pretty immature back then, but hey, look where we are now.

Originally was entirely free to play, but a lulz game. We never really intended it to ever be a serious game, but eventually BOTS actually died after our year and a half of trying to shut it down. Zirak, who was on our team at the time, suggested we try to make money off it. At this point, it was still a hobby for free, though poorly hosted because it was entirely f2p. We made a horrible membership system that didn't really work, enough to get a VPS for awhile, but eventually evolved into a system that actually worked.

Eventually, we started making money, and decided to change it from a hobby to an actual job. In time, I quit my rl job because I moved and decided to move with kenny (until he decided not to live with me) and make it a full-time job, but Kenny lost interest.

That's where we are now, minimal updates previously because I was too busy working, now because Kenny doesn't feel like coding. I probably left out a lot, if you have any questions I can answer.
May i ask why you never learn to code by yourself? and if Kenny was busy a lot why dont you hire someone else for the time being?

#1 *Sector Nub*
-Speedy-, Speedy II, Speedy III

123bomb123

Bots was riddled with hackers.  The most famous spearhead against them was a staff member by the name of JrHarbort.  He cracked the whip in the community from 07-09 and the game held it's ground fairly well. JrHarbort lost his power after it was clear that he had interest in a private server of some sort (I can't exactly recall this part, maybe allie can). But shortly after his loss of power it opened the gates of destruction as now the hackers were free to roam the game and the player base dwindled as allie and santa (known as redeyes) put out bc and at first the likes of myself, tricky, gramps, etc swore to sink with the ship. Eventually we came to our senses and joined the old bc which was mainly run through what ever allie and santa had for resources. I disappeared shortly after the reset to find tricky had risen to the rank of admin.

woe nice it's like new info xd
IGN: MisterZ

ZeaL - Rank 1 in antagonizing, just
because.

Rub me out like genies, won't concede til I'm graffiti
Quote from: Yz on January 14, 2012, 06:48:35 PM
mrz is like top 40 and would probly be like
"fuk yeh n00bs im god bow to god''

Reviax

I like the way you explain things. =P

Allie

Quote from: -Speedy- on November 06, 2013, 08:36:02 PM
May i ask why you never learn to code by yourself? and if Kenny was busy a lot why dont you hire someone else for the time being?

I do know how to code. I was the original coder, but I got sick of it. We gave up all chances of me taking over the project when we converted to C#, because I only know java, albeit at nowhere near the level Kenny is at now.

I hate coding. It's not fun, it's boring, its just..terrible. So I have no intentions to learn C# unless its entirely necessary.

-Speedy-

Oh yea coding seems hard but looking at the end result and seeing you made that what you see. Its got to be a great feeling.

#1 *Sector Nub*

Zap1173

allie pls do ur thing

righty

isn't there legal issues with hacking a game and stuff?

Allie

Quote from: -Speedy- on November 06, 2013, 09:22:04 PM
Oh yea coding seems hard but looking at the end result and seeing you made that what you see. Its got to be a great feeling.

That's why I prefer the storywriter/decision maker/event creator part better.
I still get that feeling. Most recently, my trick or treating event with candy was a huge success. The Christmas event has already been started (although we should be working on sector update..) and it's already looking great.

@zap
Technically, yes. But we were young and stupid. We did it anyway.
Don't get me wrong, we didn't get away with it clean. Thanks to Zirak revealing kenny's address and shit, he got a visit from the police once. Part of the reason I reveal nothing to any of you.

Zap1173

Not to be pushy, but was Kenny fined and stuff?

-Speedy-

Quote from: Allie on November 06, 2013, 09:25:37 PM
Quote from: -Speedy- on November 06, 2013, 09:22:04 PM

That's why I prefer the storywriter/decision maker/event creator part better.
I still get that feeling. Most recently, my trick or treating event with candy was a huge success. The Christmas event has already been started (although we should be working on sector update..) and it's already looking great.
Oh I understand so you basically specialize will the smaller event items and thinking of ideas of what to make to go along with the server.

#1 *Sector Nub*

Allie

Quote from: Zap1173 on November 06, 2013, 09:27:03 PM
Not to be pushy, but was Kenny fined and stuff?

Nah. He was under 18 at the time, so it was a warning. No further action was taken.

@speedy
Mostly. I also do all the db work, including map making, designing, and ai work, aswell as all item-related work like stats and drop table.
So all item/map errors are my fault, essentially.

Santa

I was never visited by the cops for bots hacking/private server running.  I was visited by the cops a few years ago when I threatened to kill the ceo's family of ugg boots in an email to all of their employees if they didn't stop sending spam bots to our website.  That was one of the most awkward moments when their lawyer and a cop dressed up like swat on tv showed up at my door lol.  But, I was under 18 at the time, and denied everything and they never came back. The spam bots from ugg boots stopped as well.  Also the original server name for tok/aurons server was Enchanted Bots

-Speedy-

Quote from: Santa on November 06, 2013, 09:44:43 PM
I was never visited by the cops for bots hacking/private server running.  I was visited by the cops a few years ago when I threatened to kill the ceo's family of ugg boots in an email to all of their employees if they didn't stop sending spam bots to our website.  That was one of the most awkward moments when their lawyer and a cop dressed up like swat on tv showed up at my door lol.  But, I was under 18 at the time, and denied everything and they never came back. The spam bots from ugg boots stopped as well.  Also the original server name for tok/aurons server was Enchanted Bots
Im loving all this new info that i've learn about the game today, never knew you put in so much work for it. But hey look at where you are at today. Congrats to what you and Allie achieved!

#1 *Sector Nub*

Toast

so thats why i haven't seen spam bots in like forever

-Speedy-

Quote from: Toast on November 06, 2013, 09:59:58 PM
so thats why i haven't seen spam bots in like forever
Yea, I guess so the history of BC is pretty crazy if i do say so myself.

#1 *Sector Nub*

JustRK

Quote from: Allie on November 06, 2013, 08:35:24 PM
lots of stuff

first, jrharbort didn't do anything off the forums. he was demoted pretty much before BC came about due to his support for ************** with tok, who, to my knowledge, was demoted for rebelling a decision by TheHistorian dude. Excuse if any of my BOTS knowledge is a bit fuzzy, i could have a few details mixed.

Second, tricky was with us the entire time. He was a staff member of BotsCheetah, the hacksite for BOTS before BC was even created. Gramps you are right though, I think. He moved on the second version of BC, after it came back up. At this point, BOTS was a sinking ship and everyone knew it. Some people decided still to avoid BC at all costs, because we were the ones who killed BOTS. Some still don't, but most have changed their mind.

TheHistorian was a cool guy, very father-figure like know it all due to being one of the oldest (in terms of age) members of the community at the time.  He was highly regarded by BigWig Marks (Howard Marks CEO) who had a strong presence within the forum until the close of 2007 which began the legal documentation for the transfer of most of acclaim games' assets to playdom at which point he made his exit as a regular figure along with several other mods.

I remember meeting most of the well-knowns of todays community through the report a bug forums which put me in line to become a mod for acclaim later to find out that information previously mentioned about the switch to playdom which led to my billet being declined as they had nothing more to offer me. Only staff from higher up knew this (except for me which they gave a heads up about a year early) to prevent the community from crumbling even more as acclaim coins were still being sold in stores across the US and generated thousands of dollars despite the companies liquidation.

That's also the time when santa and allie became very popular figures for diminishing all other opponents for supremacy of Bots acclaim servers.

Rossbach

Histo was a dumb greedy *** that fked up the BOTS!! community.  ::)

Omnomnom eating toast.

Cooky

I quit my rl job because I moved and decided to move with kenny (until he decided not to live with me) and make it a full-time job, but Kenny lost interest.

minimal updates previously because I was too busy working, now because Kenny doesn't feel like coding.

reading this part made me really sad.

If bout cheetah were to ever end, it would be one of the saddest days of my life. I never realized until now how important you 2 are in my life.

Hopefully you figure things out. If u were both working full time on this.. I can only imagine how far the game would come

Yz

lots of stuff

first, jrharbort didn't do anything off the forums. he was demoted pretty much before BC came about due to his support for ************** with tok, who, to my knowledge, was demoted for rebelling a decision by TheHistorian dude. Excuse if any of my BOTS knowledge is a bit fuzzy, i could have a few details mixed.

i was also on the other serv dont forget. i was with you the entire time but not always on this server

and yeah histo ruined bots forums

@toast don't forget the spam bot protection that got implemented
DISCORD killyzkill

Thornz

Wow, this is all really great info! Thanks for sharing! Especially Allie....

IGN: FM Thornz [Lv 270]
Quote from: cyc0828He destroy my guild
Not pants

Iridion

tl;dr new bc cb/ob best version of bc ever never forget

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

paranoia

Allie were there legal issues with you where the cops had to step in as well? Maybe like kenny?
EGK!

Allie

Quote from: paranoia on November 07, 2013, 06:17:43 PM
Allie were there legal issues with you where the cops had to step in as well? Maybe like kenny?

no, i never personally ran the DoS program nor revealed any personal information about myself except to extremely trustworthy members of the community.
worst thing they could get me on is leadership of an illegal hack group, which they wouldn't have had enough to actually get a police visit for (or warrant it, most likely).

paranoia

What was your original job?
EGK!

Toast

Quote from: Yz on November 07, 2013, 05:09:54 AM
lots of stuff

i was also on the other serv dont forget. i was with you the entire time but not always on this server

and yeah histo ruined bots forums

@toast don't forget the spam bot protection that got implemented

yes, i haven't. :p
the thing is though, that section is completely dead so i'm not even sure how it all works anymore.

Allie

Quote from: paranoia on November 07, 2013, 11:41:12 PM
What was your original job?

network administrator.
setting up networks, making sure they're all up, office in the router room, etc.
(i assume by original job you mean last one, that ive had for most of BC)
original job was a computer technician, intern so i didnt get kicked out of school.

-Speedy-

How long did it take you to break away from Bots and make Bout Cheetah?

#1 *Sector Nub*

Allie

Quote from: -Speedy- on November 08, 2013, 01:05:03 AM
How long did it take you to break away from Bots and make Bout Cheetah?

idk what you mean by that,
I played BOTS since 07, BC was made in 09 when auron released enchanted bots.
it's been here for almost five years now.

Pokeh

Quote from: Cooky on November 07, 2013, 04:53:43 AM
I quit my rl job because I moved and decided to move with kenny (until he decided not to live with me) and make it a full-time job, but Kenny lost interest.

minimal updates previously because I was too busy working, now because Kenny doesn't feel like coding.

If bout cheetah were to ever end, it would be one of the saddest days of my life. I never realized until now how important you 2 are in my life.

Hopefully you figure things out. If u were both working full time on this.. I can only imagine how far the game would come

lol allie's already said if bc is to ever die for any reason then they're going to make a program to make your own bots server and it will be so easy anyone can make a bots server with a few clicks.

the point was they didn't want **** to have a monopoly after bc dies and then **** would have to deal with 100s of bots servers

paranoia

Quote from: Pokeh on November 08, 2013, 04:10:10 PM
Quote from: Cooky on November 07, 2013, 04:53:43 AM

lol allie's already said if bc is to ever die for any reason then they're going to make a program to make your own bots server and it will be so easy anyone can make a bots server with a few clicks.

the point was they didn't want **** to have a monopoly after bc dies and then **** would have to deal with 100s of bots servers
Damn pokeh much info bro
EGK!

Reviax

Is this for real? =O

Epic xD

November 09, 2013, 02:01:13 AM #46 Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 02:05:04 AM by Epic xD
BOTS Evolution
Enchanted Bots. ::)

Secondly, the original version of this server was shut down for a few months (woo LuisNeto for pursuing that) on the grounds that it was illegal to host a private server at the time. That's the same reason jrharbort lost his moderating position on Bots.

Quote from: KillerPig on June 24, 2011, 07:49:43 AM
I've been debating with myself about this for a long time now. No, I'm not leaving BC, but when I get back, I'll be asking the girl I've liked for a long time to go out with me. Wish me luck. Zomg I'm so excited.

Rossbach

Quote from: Epic xD on November 09, 2013, 02:01:13 AM

Secondly, the original version of this server was shut down for a few months (woo LuisNeto for pursuing that) on the grounds that it was illegal to host a private server at the time.

It was a lie.  ::)

Omnomnom eating toast.

Cooky

lol allie's already said if bc is to ever die for any reason then they're going to make a program to make your own bots server and it will be so easy anyone can make a bots server with a few clicks

and how many years ago did she say that? a lot has changed

Pokeh

Quote from: Cooky on November 09, 2013, 02:27:03 AM
lol allie's already said if bc is to ever die for any reason then they're going to make a program to make your own bots server and it will be so easy anyone can make a bots server with a few clicks

iirc late 2011

and tbh it kinda makes sense. they made the money they wanted to and their business in this monopoly is kinda over so to prevent evo from taking over they just release it all publically.

Scryed23

Quote from: kulvinder on November 10, 2013, 01:31:39 AM
Quote from: Pokeh on November 09, 2013, 04:57:54 PM
Quote from: Cooky on November 09, 2013, 02:27:03 AM

iirc late 2011

and tbh it kinda makes sense. they made the money they wanted to and their business in this monopoly is kinda over so to prevent evo from taking over they just release it all publically.
GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Idk I once saw a pic saying "POKE IS GAY".
No hard feelings. ;D

Why are you allowed to post, dear god. at least post something somewhat related to the topic.
anyways

I read most of the posts here and it was interesting and informative.

Allie

Quote from: Epic xD on November 09, 2013, 02:01:13 AM
BOTS Evolution
Enchanted Bots. ::)

Secondly, the original version of this server was shut down for a few months (woo LuisNeto for pursuing that) on the grounds that it was illegal to host a private server at the time. That's the same reason jrharbort lost his moderating position on Bots.

I know what I said. ::)
Please do not correct me with incorrect information.

paranoia

EGK!

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-