April 26, 2024, 08:26:29 PMLatest Member: Albertinili
BoutCheetah » Forum » Zylon Gaming » Future Updates » Scroll update

Scroll update

Started by Allie, November 15, 2013, 11:56:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allie

I've made a few posts about this within the forums, so I think it's time I make a public note about it.

We've been working on a new scroll menu, which will take the place of the lobby list, friends list, and guild list.
This will allow us tons of new features, including being able to right click players in the lobby to add friends or trade, colour coded to show whether someone is in a room, lobby, or even in shop, and extending all these menus to friends list and guild chat.
We're even considering a join room feature, which will let you automatically jump to the room of a friend aslong as it's open.

We have tons of other things planned to use this feature for, but I decided to post this publicly so you guys can help us think of what we can do with this. It's generally almost done, has been in the works since the raid update. But it has plenty of work left, so we'd like some input on what features we can design it on.

droid zylon1

Quote from: Allie on November 15, 2013, 11:56:11 AM
I've made a few posts about this within the forums, so I think it's time I make a public note about it.

We've been working on a new scroll menu, which will take the place of the lobby list, friends list, and guild list.
This will allow us tons of new features, including being able to right click players in the lobby to add friends or trade, colour coded to show whether someone is in a room, lobby, or even in shop, and extending all these menus to friends list and guild chat.
We're even considering a join room feature, which will let you automatically jump to the room of a friend aslong as it's open.

We have tons of other things planned to use this feature for, but I decided to post this publicly so you guys can help us think of what we can do with this. It's generally almost done, has been in the works since the raid update. But it has plenty of work left, so we'd like some input on what features we can design it on.

:O niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. it would be nice if we could link guilds to the website like the webclient use to be.

Cooky

sounds really great, no negatives, makes things easier

being able to quickly join a friends room would be awesome instead of having to examine the player, see what room they are in, and then go find it.

being able to see if a player is in the shop would be useful I guess, but you would have to look back and forth from the chat and the userlist while having your conversation and it could create some situations where its like 'wait, did he see my message before he went to the shop or not?' (which we have with the current system). I think a better idea would be, on top of the color coded name telling you they are in the shop, make it so if you whisper someone who is in the shop it either  a) doesn't go through and gives an error  or  b) sends the whisper but gives a message saying the person was in the shop

Selene

Make it if a player went into the shop or a game ended it would show the message once they leave the shop or game ended and now in the room.

Cooky

Quote from: Selene on November 15, 2013, 12:10:33 PM
Make it if a player went into the shop or a game ended it would show the message once they leave the shop or game ended and now in the room.

yeah, I hate when my conversation gets cut off by the end of game screen and I don't know what the person said during it

Allie

Quote from: Dannii on November 15, 2013, 12:14:50 PM
What about a separate list that has all the current mods/gms/admins listed? like a friend list where it shows if they log in/out too.

It's currently planned to have staff either at top, have an icon next to them designating staff, or both.

Cooky

Quote from: Allie on November 15, 2013, 12:17:42 PM
It's currently planned to have staff either at top, have an icon next to them designating staff, or both.

Yay  :D   suggested this a long time ago

(click to show/hide)

Toast

What will the colours be? If there's a lot of mixed colours it may look a bit wierd in the lobby, imo.

Cooky

Quote from: Toast on November 15, 2013, 12:26:49 PM
What will the colours be? If there's a lot of mixed colours it may look a bit wierd in the lobby, imo.

yeah it might look really ugly

I think it would look better if the background of the friends list was black instead of white

JustRK

it would be very cool if the character limit was consistent because the amount you can type in a room's lobby is way different from in game and the actual lobby itself.

Cooky

Quote from: JustRK on November 15, 2013, 12:33:18 PM
it would be very cool if the character limit was consistent because the amount you can type in a room's lobby is way different from in game and the actual lobby itself.

+1000000

JustRK

Quote from: Cooky on November 15, 2013, 12:34:02 PM

+1000000

on top of this, it would be nice instead of seeing -you have 1 message and 5 gifts- in the chat (which can go unseen due to lobby spam)
if we instead had a number built in to the button itself or it somehow notified you of unread messages instantaneously.

Ex.  Message 4.   (or perhaps a red superseding number like how apps in an iphone work).

kind of like that. anyway just a thought for convenience. This would also be nice for guild applications btw.

Bombz

Quote from: JustRK on November 15, 2013, 02:01:49 PM

+1000000

on top of this, it would be nice instead of seeing -you have 1 message and 5 gifts- in the chat (which can go unseen due to lobby spam)
if we instead had a number built in to the button itself or it somehow notified you of unread messages instantaneously.

Ex.  Message 4.   (or perhaps a red superseding number like how apps in an iphone work).

kind of like that. anyway just a thought for convenience. This would also be nice for guild applications btw.

lol, nice idea

mygodZzZ

Quote from: JustRK on November 15, 2013, 02:01:49 PM

+1000000

Your idea gave me an idea, i think we should have a button next the "messages" button and it will show what messages you mist, (yeah maybe you will have to goto lobby and see what he typed in messages everytime) it's better then nothing! ^_^

If we will have so much players (friends, guild, lobby) mixed togethor it will be so tough to find players.
it will look a bit like GunZ, i think if we're making a scroll, atleast we will have it in Color order (and not alphabetic) Admins>Gm's>Mod's>Friends>Guild>Lobby (from lobby it can start being alphabetic)

Madprox

Idk if this is possible to change, or if you have already
but

when you are in lobby and you click guild chat, you only see the guild chat, you can't see whisper or regular chat anymore.

I'd love to be able to have guild chat to type in, while still being able to read other chats. (basically how whisper works.)

IGN: GM Max | Level: 270 | Guild: Utopia

Meteor

Too many colors would look bad.
My suggestion would be making a black background for the lobby list like cooky said, give staff a color (orange?) and put them on top, make players in lobby white and those in rooms grey, and maybe even move the players in rooms to the bottom of the list.

(click to show/hide)

Bombz

Quote from: Madprox on November 15, 2013, 02:58:58 PM
I'd love to be able to have guild chat to type in, while still being able to read other chats. (basically how whisper works.)

this please

qolderman

that's awesome!

suggestion: make so you can go to shop while in room or already in game. but you'll dont have that feature while in bvb or pvp.
thats what i did in 2006-2007 ;]
IGN: Caustic

^thanks cooky <3
Quote from: Cooky on August 03, 2014, 12:05:07 AM
whats wrong with eating a sock

Corr

What happened to base update? You skipping a game mode update for something like this? cmon

ZeaL - Rank 1 Hax, just because
I do it for the lulz.

Iridion

what happened to the factions update too

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

mikenny

Guys plz don't start nagging they're working on all of it (it takes a buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunch of work), so they probably want to switch up a bit what they're doing by doing 3 things at a time  ;D

Selene

Quote from: nanak tatum on November 15, 2013, 09:41:24 PM
I really like this don't get be wrong but.....there are other updates (imo) you should be working on. The sector update and base update aren't out yet.
They are.

-Speedy-

#1 *Sector Nub*
-Speedy-, Speedy II, Speedy III

nanak

Quote from: Selene on November 15, 2013, 11:33:43 PM
I really like this don't get be wrong but.....there are other updates (imo) you should be working on. The sector update and base update aren't out yet.
They are.

There is no new sector map. And the Base update wasn't announced if it is.

qolderman

Quote from: nanak on November 16, 2013, 12:00:52 AM
Quote from: Selene on November 15, 2013, 11:33:43 PM
They are.

There is no new sector map.
You think It's so easy? For young people? If you're so pro ad this, go and help them

^thanks cooky <3

Scythe

Don't think, feel

mygodZzZ

Quote from: Bombz on November 15, 2013, 03:30:03 PM
Quote from: Madprox on November 15, 2013, 02:58:58 PM

this please
Yeah, this will be awesome!

CyberSox

Would make a nice members only feature imo. Wouldn't impact non members while benefiting members.

Socks.

jeroen

November 18, 2013, 03:57:26 PM #28 Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 04:11:39 PM by jeroen
Some functionality I'd love to see.

Add equipment info option
Like if you choose this option on a character you can see the name of the item he/she is wearing.
Place the names of his items in a table with what slot it is for.
This is for making it easier for people to know what an item is called and inspect them to see how it looks.

Also might be really cool if you could make a checkbox with the examine player pop up to see his/her trans.
And options to make him do some emote, like attack.

droid zylon1

qolderman

Quote from: CyberSox on November 17, 2013, 12:50:01 PM

Would make a nice members only feature imo. Wouldn't impact non members while benefiting members.
free4all, pls

^thanks cooky <3

Reviax

Quote from: qolderman on December 03, 2013, 03:39:08 PM
Quote from: CyberSox on November 17, 2013, 12:50:01 PM

free4all, pls
^

Allie

Quote from: nanak tatum on December 03, 2013, 08:18:59 PM
Quote from: droid zylon1 on December 03, 2013, 12:02:01 PM
any news?

She said it should be done before Christmas. Most likely sometime next week.

most likely around this weekend is scroll update.
sector update will be next weekend, latest being the weekend after dat.
plan to have a number of new stuffs and tweaks with the sector update, so we decided to go with that first.

Cooky

Quote from: Dannii on December 04, 2013, 05:38:55 AM
Will the sector update have modded maps or are they gonna be done with the overly used maps already? Just so I know if I need to wreck em up a bit ;D
u said in-game that u already knew they wouldn't be modded  

??

droid zylon1

:O allie went hood. she said "dat".

Btw thank you for the new content to be added to the game. i know its alot of hard work :).

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-