April 19, 2024, 10:34:15 AMLatest Member: skly
BoutCheetah » Forum » Zylon Gaming » Future Updates » Future Update Poll/Feedback - Members PvP Channel

Future Update Poll/Feedback - Members PvP Channel

Started by Allie, January 20, 2014, 12:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allie

We've been considering in administration whether a new feature, a PvP channel would be worth our time (and yours).

This channel would be available to members only, and accessed in a similar manner as the low channel.
  • You would login, create an account, and immediately be boosted to 270
  • You can pick your choice of items from the shop, for no cost at all
  • Sector would not be available in this channel, isolating this channel to the players who wish to PvP/BvB on a fair and equalized channel

We will only do this if a lot of players give good feedback.
Various things such as max level and items available are subject to change after feedback.

AlnAln

+1 nice idea but make pvp and bvb pls and dont put op items on it just give inf coins and u can find +7 armours(max armour elektra)

IGN:  OR WiFi  /  PT WiFi

-Old Republic- co-leader

Prestige Member

ghostkid17

-Oreos-
Quote from: Materger
I am now an Oreos fan!
Quote from: Allie
Oreos was a failed project.

DevilzDemise

Quote from: AlnAln on January 20, 2014, 01:00:01 PM
+1 nice idea but make pvp and bvb pls and dont put op items on it just give inf coins and u can find +7 armours(max armour elektra)

Or just add it into shop for the +7 armour. But yeah no op items, and be sure so that when events come on this channel is also excluded from events to stop op items getting on it.

+1.

AlnAln

Quote from: DevilzDemise on January 20, 2014, 01:03:39 PM
Quote from: AlnAln on January 20, 2014, 01:00:01 PM

Or just add it into shop for the +7 armour. But yeah no op items, and be sure so that when events come on this channel is also excluded from events to stop op items getting on it.

+1.
yea thats what i meant lol

IGN:  OR WiFi  /  PT WiFi

-Old Republic- co-leader

Prestige Member

mic99

I liked it up to the members part, most members barely pvp, because more of their benefits go towards sector. I believe this should be a f2p channel; enabling more of a populated pvp/bvb experience.

Other than that +1

hawk5005

What's the point of a pvp channel if you can't have all the items (op included). The main reasons most items are called OP is because they are rare and only a handful of people have them.
Why not let there be all the op items, and if you want you can make your own rooms with the no-op items feature.

I like the idea, but PvP / BvB might just die for good on the normal channels. I might be wrong though, why not add it as a test-feature for a while and see how it goes?

Cooky

jinhongzhu

Creator Of Mid-Air Block <--Corr told me to put this k.

VirusInject

Interesting concept and idea, It will lower the amount of people that pvp/bvb on the normal server though.
Along with the spam of people who are "non-member" flamming and crying that they cannot join on it. (personally i dont mind because i dont really play bc very much) I do like the idea that you can actually set people up on a fair playing ground against each other with like the armors and such.
but why not have it set up where you get gigas and such or possibly just coins from that mode to allow people to get coin items from how many times they have won a pvp match or something.
meh, just an idea. Do what you will.
IGN: ManaBlitz, iHateCreepuhz, -Pandah-(my wife's account}
------------------------------

16yr old me :)

opuiq3

^yw allie

DevilzDemise

Perhaps introduce a winning streak concept? with just cosmetic items for getting a set amount of wins in a row too go along with the server also.

Cooky

Quote from: DevilzDemise on January 20, 2014, 01:42:22 PM
Perhaps introduce a winning streak concept? with just cosmetic items for getting a set amount of wins in a row too go along with the server also.
would be farmed way too easily  :-\

DevilzDemise

Quote from: Cooky on January 20, 2014, 01:43:13 PM
Quote from: DevilzDemise on January 20, 2014, 01:42:22 PM
would be farmed way too easily  :-\

yeah true, but then just cheating themselves just like on normal server and hackers. Farming xp and getting high ranks/gps.

Iridion

like only if every item is available
otherwise it'd be just a slightly boasted channel

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

coolkaran100

+1 But this should be a free roam kinda thing non members and member can taste high lvl pvp with the most op items :D

Banned for halo push pro.

Allie

Quote from: coolkaran100 on January 20, 2014, 02:00:16 PM
+1 But this should be a free roam kinda thing non members and member can taste high lvl pvp with the most op items :D

regardless of the feedback, we have no plans to make it available for non-members.
It is planned to be a member incentive for those who want a sandbox to pvp/bvb.

coolkaran100

Quote from: Allie on January 20, 2014, 02:05:18 PM
Quote from: coolkaran100 on January 20, 2014, 02:00:16 PM

regardless of the feedback, we have no plans to make it available for non-members.
It is planned to be a member incentive for those who want a sandbox to pvp/bvb.
ah is that so well i might upgrade once again to test out the new updates :)

Banned for halo push pro.

Xx Itz Ian

Don't like the idea, members will pvp/bvb with eachother with items they have on high server already or just to get some extra rares to pvp with that they don;t have on high server, f2p users won't be able to play pvp / bvb because the bvb / pvp community that is left on high server won't be enough because it already is a small amount of people left.

Imo this will just kill the last few people that come online to bvb or pvp.
League of Legends:
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=ianv
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=smurf+leblanc
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=qqdz

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  Xx ItZ Ian
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Madprox

It sounds fun and all.
but I don't know if it would be a good update.

The only thing i like about it is that everyone gets the same level and choice of free gear, thus everything would be equal chances and fair.

I don't know though if it's worth your time implementing this for the possibility of a very few players only playing it.

IGN: GM Max | Level: 270 | Guild: Utopia

Thornz

January 20, 2014, 03:55:10 PM #20 Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 03:59:40 PM by Thornz
I really like the idea. Maybe non-members could join, but only be boosted to lvl 200? Idk. I like the idea of it being member only cause member needs more incentives, but it prolly would kill PvP and BvB on normal server. Not like BvB isn't almost dead anyway XD

So I'm conflicted, but +1. Sounds fun!

Edit: maybe let non-members play once a week. Like Sunday or something...

IGN: FM Thornz [Lv 270]
Quote from: cyc0828He destroy my guild
Not pants

Godz

mygodZzZ

Just curious, That idea was taken from my suggestion back then?
(click to show/hide)
Anyway, since I had same idea then +1

Xx Itz Ian

Quote from: Thornz on January 20, 2014, 03:55:10 PM
I really like the idea. Maybe non-members could join, but only be boosted to lvl 200? Idk. I like the idea of it being member only cause member needs more incentives, but it prolly would kill PvP and BvB on normal server. Not like BvB isn't almost dead anyway XD

Edit: maybe let non-members play once a week. Like Sunday or something...

like the idea of non-members being able to play once a week. Especially on a 3x day so they can decide to give up exp for pvp/bvb.
the other idea of being only able to be boosted to 200 just makes it like the high server, unfair/op for f2ps so that would make the pvp server useless.

League of Legends:

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  Xx ItZ Ian
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Pokeh

I remember a bunch of us suggested this in old bc.

+1 for sure.

mygodZzZ

Actually like the whole point of a new channel, just a place to come and talk and PvP/BvB, Place maybe to do trading's and stuff..

IDiiL

IGN: PT Testament, 7S Blueberry, GD Testament, Lindsey <br />Guild: SevenSeeds (Leader)

DevilzDemise

hmmm.. after reading some of the opinions given on this i'm going to have too change mine to an undecided decision. Just purely like mentioned it will lower the player base of which is barely none on the normal server. Limiting it to members only makes the numbers even slimmer, then what they could be. Making it with a lot of positive criticism on forums, but when it comes to the server being released i doubt many will even play it. But like suggested before by "hawk5005" by adding it as a test-feature if it's even worth that, with just basic fundamentals then dependent on how many players are actually giving positive feedback on the channel depends on whether it would be a keep or delete idea. Perhaps just update the normal servers. I mean i can't remember when exactly but a clever idea on someone's behalf was having an event that meant you had to participate in pvp to get a certain claimed item, which got most people playing it for a while. So perhaps update pvp on normal servers and give out cosmetic pvp drops  with set expire dates (e.g 7 days, 30 days: obviously cosmetic otherwise you'll just have people moan how someone/something is more op then them) which aren't perm then you can just update on the items.. and new maps. But with that being said the only positive about this server is having it so everyone has an equal playing field, with both sector and pvp in one channel and all the event items adding stats it just makes an un-level playing field . Repetitive, and rambling i know. But i guess so far this is the only alternative to of which, is close to making it better for those who enjoy playing it. Saying that if it's not that too time-consuming and doesn't require a lot of effort then i don't see why it can't just be thrown in there.

Quote from: Xx Itz Ian on January 20, 2014, 02:21:45 PM
Don't like the idea, members will pvp/bvb with each other with items they have on high server already or just to get some extra rares to pvp with that they don;t have on high server, f2p users won't be able to play pvp / bvb because the bvb / pvp community that is left on high server won't be enough because it already is a small amount of people left.

Ian's input and what he stated is what got me thinking about actually it might not be such a good idea to have it. Imo, i don't think it will affect the player base too much of people who already play PvP/BvB. It'll probably be the same given number of people playing then it would if it was implemented. Perhaps with the up-coming update where you can access shop/info in room make it so that in PvP you can allow to make a sort of "ghost-bot" which will be level 270 once you enter PvP, but once you leave you will return to the level you once was, adding to this when go into shop in pvp you will be able to access shop and modify your bot to any choice. But once again when you leave it will be removed. (This will and most probably is harder too input then it would just to add another channel, but just a thought.) All in all having conflicting thoughts about it.

mygodZzZ

Quote from: DevilzDemise on January 20, 2014, 05:35:06 PM
hmmm.. after reading some of the opinions given on this i'm going to have too change mine to an undecided decision. Just purely like mentioned it will lower the player base of which is barely none on the normal server. Limiting it to members only makes the numbers even slimmer, then what they could be. Making it with a lot of positive criticism on forums, but when it comes to the server being released i doubt many will even play it. But like suggested before by "hawk5005" by adding it as a test-feature if it's even worth that, with just basic fundamentals then dependent on how many players are actually giving positive feedback on the channel depends on whether it would be a keep or delete idea. Perhaps just update the normal servers. I mean i can't remember when exactly but a clever idea on someone's behalf was having an event that meant you had to participate in pvp to get a certain claimed item, which got most people playing it for a while. So perhaps update pvp on normal servers and give out cosmetic pvp drops  with set expire dates (e.g 7 days, 30 days: obviously cosmetic otherwise you'll just have people moan how someone/something is more op then them) which aren't perm then you can just update on the items.. and new maps. But with that being said the only positive about this server is having it so everyone has an equal playing field, with both sector and pvp in one channel and all the event items adding stats it just makes an un-level playing field . Repetitive, and rambling i know. But i guess so far this is the only alternative to of which, is close to making it better for those who enjoy playing it. Saying that if it's not that too time-consuming and doesn't require a lot of effort then i don't see why it can't just be thrown in there.

Don't like the idea, members will pvp/bvb with each other with items they have on high server already or just to get some extra rares to pvp with that they don;t have on high server, f2p users won't be able to play pvp / bvb because the bvb / pvp community that is left on high server won't be enough because it already is a small amount of people left.

Ian's input and what he stated is what got me thinking about actually it might not be such a good idea to have it. Imo, i don't think it will affect the player base too much of people who already play PvP/BvB. It'll probably be the same given number of people playing then it would if it was implemented. Perhaps with the up-coming update where you can access shop/info in room make it so that in PvP you can allow to make a sort of "ghost-bot" which will be level 270 once you enter PvP, but once you leave you will return to the level you once was, adding to this when go into shop in pvp you will be able to access shop and modify your bot to any choice. But once again when you leave it will be removed. (This will and most probably is harder too input then it would just to add another channel, but just a thought.) All in all having conflicting thoughts about it.
Omg. How long did you sit in front of the computer for that scroll? xD

anyway, for a few sentences above If we already talking about choosing w/e you like and even if it's op and everything, I think the Dmg changing that was suggested before is relevant for now, this topic..
So other people wound't all pick ALL Op items, and will have to take em all off when an OP tag appears, just change the Dmg insetead.. 

zanzona

MrScorpion <3

Xx Itz Ian

Quote from: DevilzDemise on January 20, 2014, 05:35:06 PM

Thats a really cool idea and wouldn't split the players into 2 different servers.
League of Legends:

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  Xx ItZ Ian
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Reviax

Most PvP/BvB players are F2P and we can play decently on the high server. I don't imagine many people would buy membership for this.

qolderman

IGN: Caustic

^thanks cooky <3
Quote from: Cooky on August 03, 2014, 12:05:07 AM
whats wrong with eating a sock

Bombz

Quote from: Reviax on January 20, 2014, 06:07:38 PM
Most PvP/BvB players are F2P and we can play decently on the high server. I don't imagine many people would buy membership for this.

This.

Allie

Even if many people wouldn't buy membership for this, that doesn't mean members won't enjoy it.
Looking at it from an F2P point of view will render a bias towards most member features, but saying most pvp/bvb players are F2P do not affect the member experience at all when it comes to an isolated pvp sandbox.

Pokeh

Quote from: Allie on January 20, 2014, 06:52:09 PM

Even if many people wouldn't buy membership for this, that doesn't mean members won't enjoy it.
Looking at it from an F2P point of view will render a bias towards most member features, but saying most pvp/bvb players are F2P do not affect the member experience at all when it comes to an isolated pvp sandbox.
There's kind of a point to be made there. Assuming this becomes successful, PvP and Base will be pretty dead (Like, more than it is already) because the active players that played these modes are having fun in the member-exclusive server.

It would suck balls for a non-member. I guess it naturally evens it out for non-members that pvp/base in the normal server since most of their opponents will be ~their level, but the player base would be split between servers. (kinda like it did when bots died. Cutting it again wouldn't be a great thing.)

Maybe make it so that members get this addition for free, but non-members have an option to buy access to this "elite" server for ~$10-$20, as a one-time fee for their account to have access to it.

123bomb123

-1 I wouldn't buy a membership for this lmao.

I don't think any1 will use it anyways (a week or 2 of popularity, if that, and then dead)

IGN: MisterZ

ZeaL - Rank 1 in antagonizing, just
because.

Rub me out like genies, won't concede til I'm graffiti
Quote from: Yz on January 14, 2012, 06:48:35 PM
mrz is like top 40 and would probly be like
"fuk yeh n00bs im god bow to god''

Bombz

Quote from: 123bomb123 on January 20, 2014, 07:11:16 PM
-1 I wouldn't buy a membership for this lmao.

I don't think any1 will use it anyways (a week or 2 of popularity, if that, and then dead)

and this lol

Pokeh

Quote from: nanak tatum on January 20, 2014, 07:13:28 PM
Quote from: Pokeh on January 20, 2014, 07:06:16 PM
Quote from: Allie on January 20, 2014, 06:52:09 PM

There's kind of a point to be made there. Assuming this becomes successful, PvP and Base will be pretty dead (Like, more than it is already) because the active players that played these modes are having fun in the member-exclusive server.

It would suck balls for a non-member. I guess it naturally evens it out for non-members that pvp/base in the normal server since most of their opponents will be ~their level, but the player base would be split between servers. (kinda like it did when bots died. Cutting it again wouldn't be a great thing.)

Maybe make it so that members get this addition for free, but non-members have an option to buy access to this "elite" server for ~$10-$20, as a one-time fee for their account to have access to it.

I think it should just be free to all. More competition is better (even if they aren't that good, they can improve and it would be fun playing against noobs who are like level 130 on high server but have a chance to play equally with everyone else who was higher than them).
Ultimately, yeah. If I owned this game I'd do exactly that. Seeing as it's a for-profit game though, if everyone had access to every item and level themselves to anything they wanted though, the sector metagame (and basically the whole point of the game) would be lost, and the sandbox server would take over from the original server.

LightRequiem

Quote from: nanak tatum on January 20, 2014, 07:28:19 PM
Yea I see your point. But maybe there could only be up to elektra +5? and no OP items aside from the ones in the shop so that way people who want to wear op items/have that advantage would go on high server. Idunno  :P prolly bad suggestion.
er no op items mean that ur armor shouldn't really go above bladess/cpu/rapid but w/e floats ur boat

anyways its a neat idea in theory but it will most likely be a flop

medchiller

Great idea. One big problem with Base and PvP is the fairness aspect. Quoting Lyfe on this saying "OP ***" This could be eliminated by this and would also bring another benefit to being a member. +1 :D

Corr

lol no matter how many benefits a member player can get, they still fail in comparison to actual good players

anyways, +1, let them play with their own horribad kind xd..

ZeaL - Rank 1 Hax, just because
I do it for the lulz.

Iridion

Quote from: medchiller on January 20, 2014, 10:56:22 PM
Great idea. One big problem with Base and PvP is the fairness aspect. Quoting Lyfe on this saying "OP ***" This could be eliminated by this and would also bring another benefit to being a member. +1 :D
when op ***gots will realize they cant abuse their zylon toys on that channel they would come back on the regular one to satisfy their needs

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

KillerPig

do u realize by doing this ull be getting rid of the pvp/bvb players on the real server

even deader game modes ty !!!

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

qolderman

IGN: Caustic

^thanks cooky <3
Quote from: Cooky on August 03, 2014, 12:05:07 AM
whats wrong with eating a sock

gif

matan124

if this is an attempt to revive pvp imo u do the wrong thing.
to revive pvp u should ask why ppl dont pvp and that is because u get nothing out of it. ppl are greedy and want to be rich in game and by playing pvp they will not get anything. when bs (fule) were acually beneficial (long time ago) there were many active pvpers coz every1 wanted bs. to revive pvp u should attract ppl by doing like a 1% chance for a player to drop a rare item after dieing or making a weekly or monthly tournys and the winner get a cool item. pvp started dieing after the bs changes. also pvp is not competative anymore, there is no point to be good, i mean, it is not like u get somthing out of it. if there is a perpus to be good- like rewards or somthing ppl will play pvp again and will acually want to be good coz they want the prize or somthing.

also, if u open this channle pvp will die even more coz the amount of players will drop coz they will be devided to groups of none members and members and base will die complitly.

another thing is the question- what difference does it make?
the fact that ppl will be lvl 270? pvp is dead for 2 years, i am pretty sure that after all this time ppl are already lvl 270 and they still dont play pvp. all items in shop for free? any1 can buy them anyway in the normal channle, it is not that they are expencive. no op items? tag in normal channle. same items for every1? first of all if u do that some of the items will not be valuated anymore- for example S ef.  S ef is good for pvp mostly, not sector and by making a new channle no1 will need the S ef coz u cant get it in the new channle and no1 will pvp in the normal channle (coz pvp will be devided to 2 groups - new channle and none members normal channle so the last 6 active pvpers will be 3 and 3 - even worse then now).

sorry for the bad grammar
Nephthys

Cooky

kulvinder stop with the spam whats gotten into you lately

power1surge

I also agree
Quote from: matan124 on April 12, 2014, 10:02:49 PM

if this is an attempt to revive pvp imo u do the wrong thing.
to revive pvp u should ask why ppl dont pvp and that is because u get nothing out of it. ppl are greedy and want to be rich in game and by playing pvp they will not get anything. when bs (fule) were acually beneficial (long time ago) there were many active pvpers coz every1 wanted bs. to revive pvp u should attract ppl by doing like a 1% chance for a player to drop a rare item after dieing or making a weekly or monthly tournys and the winner get a cool item. pvp started dieing after the bs changes. also pvp is not competative anymore, there is no point to be good, i mean, it is not like u get somthing out of it. if there is a perpus to be good- like rewards or somthing ppl will play pvp again and will acually want to be good coz they want the prize or somthing.

also, if u open this channle pvp will die even more coz the amount of players will drop coz they will be devided to groups of none members and members and base will die complitly.

another thing is the question- what difference does it make?
the fact that ppl will be lvl 270? pvp is dead for 2 years, i am pretty sure that after all this time ppl are already lvl 270 and they still dont play pvp. all items in shop for free? any1 can buy them anyway in the normal channle, it is not that they are expencive. no op items? tag in normal channle. same items for every1? first of all if u do that some of the items will not be valuated anymore- for example S ef.  S ef is good for pvp mostly, not sector and by making a new channle no1 will need the S ef coz u cant get it in the new channle and no1 will pvp in the normal channle (coz pvp will be devided to 2 groups - new channle and none members normal channle so the last 6 active pvpers will be 3 and 3 - even worse then now).

sorry for the bad grammar

Xkiller712

+1 but i think it shouldn't be a member exclusive.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-