May 23, 2024, 09:02:38 AMLatest Member: MichaelAvend
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other BoutCheetah Stuff » Suggestions » add back the no selling/buying accounts rule?

add back the no selling/buying accounts rule?

Started by Cooky, March 06, 2014, 11:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

add back the no selling/buying accounts rule?

yes
no

Cooky

seems like every week someone is getting scammed and losing out on their valuable account, gigas, items, or everything.

and as many of you know, you wont get any support to recover your lost account or items

the hackers and scammers are getting away with stealing/scamming accounts

what are your thoughts on it?

Allie

It'd **** over everyone who currently account shares.

MuzzaFuzza

Would say yes. But didn't think about the reason Allie just stated. Curious now though as too how many of the community (Yes, including koreans) account share..

Cooky

Quote from: Allie on March 06, 2014, 11:45:09 PM
that's true..

I wonder how people will vote though

-Speedy-

Quote from: Allie on March 06, 2014, 11:45:09 PM
Also would cause people to lose money because lots of players buy and sell accounts as a merch. So i think adding this back would be dumb -1.

#1 *Sector Nub*
-Speedy-, Speedy II, Speedy III

MuzzaFuzza

Lol -Speedy- that's kind of the point about this thread because of people buying and selling account's and scamming ha.

medchiller

It had been very quiet in the account scamming department until the past weeks. For reasons I shouldn't really say :P

-Speedy-

Quote from: MuzzaFuzza on March 07, 2014, 12:35:31 AM
Lol -Speedy- that's kind of the point about this thread because of people buying and selling account's and scamming ha.
I understand you got scammed but when buying and selling accounts you always run that risk. I don't agree with the way the situations are handle, but i do agree that they are always risk when doing that sort of thing.

#1 *Sector Nub*

daluzman123

If you're stupid enough to buy an account, you're dumb enough to get scammed.

Buy @ your own risk.

MuzzaFuzza

I'm not that bothered now about the whole scamming situation more/less the fact of the rarity of items and account's themselves have gone down in value because of this.

For example account's with Bcv2III, and top guild flag. I bet some people don't even know how they where obtained or what reason for either. Surely item's where made non-trade-able for a reason. This kind of defeats the object of having un-trade-able items. Perhaps re-instating the rule would be a good choice, or maybe a bad one. But for one i agree with it and that's just a personal opinion. +1.

ZeroUH

Even if you add the rule again, people will keep sharing or selling accounts on the "black market". They will keep crying after get scammed... The difference is that you can ban the account which was sold and the scammer too, something that I used to do as GM. The victm won't get his/her acc back either... So... whatever. Leave it as it is now and use the global chat with that msg "WE WON'T DO ANYTHING IF YOU LOST YOUR ACCOUNT BECAUSE YOU WERE SELLING OR SHARING. DEAL WITH IT!"  8)

-Speedy-

Quote from: ZeroUH on March 07, 2014, 01:57:58 AM
Even if you add the rule again, people will keep sharing or selling accounts on the "black market". They will keep crying after get scammed... The difference is that you can ban the account which was sold and the scammer too, something that I used to do as GM. The victm won't get his/her acc back either... So... whatever. Leave it as it is now and use the global chat with that msg "WE WON'T DO ANYTHING IF YOU LOST YOUR ACCOUNT BECAUSE YOU WERE SELLING OR SHARING. DEAL WITH IT!"  8)
Agreed, this would be the most beneficial thing to do.

#1 *Sector Nub*

JustRK

It's really easy for us to find out if an account is being shared or sold. I'd rather do a courtesy ban for someone who got their account hacked or stolen than have to actually ban many users who think they are slick.

So -1. Also this

Quote from: medchiller on March 07, 2014, 12:38:58 AM
It had been very quiet in the account scamming department until the past weeks. For reasons I shouldn't really say :P

Thornz

March 07, 2014, 04:26:47 AM #13 Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 07:57:29 PM by Thornz
-1. One of the ways I made all my money was leveling up accs and selling them to people too lazy to grind for themselves. Also, people will continue to get scammed, so it doesn't solve anything, it just makes it so both parties can get banned, so basically people won't be able to even say they got banned.

I see no difference in trusting someone with acc selling than trusting someone with ZC selling. You take the exact same risk, just in a slightly different way. And if you're not smart enough to change all the acc info, that's your mistake, not Zylon's. So if you wanna ban acc selling, ban membership selling and ZC selling, too (just using that as an analogy, banning any of these is a bad idea for various reasons)

IGN: FM Thornz [Lv 270]
Quote from: cyc0828He destroy my guild
Not pants

Cooky

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-