May 23, 2024, 03:47:23 AMLatest Member: MichaelAvend

source code

Started by noblem6, March 15, 2014, 12:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noblem6

why can't ZG buy any source code of bots/t-bots/or whatever and make a official server rather than a p.server?

you could invest from what you get out of bc and try a chance and this might even be bigger. no risk, no gain.

if ZG cant afford it, my apologizes lol
No one likes noblem, but Jesus Christ loves noblem!

Quote from: Cooky on April 01, 2014, 09:59:25 AM
poor Allie

her thread got noblem'd  :(

ghostkid17

I think T-Bot said no to selling it/giving it to ZG (don't quote me on that)
-Oreos-
Quote from: Materger
I am now an Oreos fan!
Quote from: Allie
Oreos was a failed project.

medchiller

They made them a decent offer but they declined and it would cost the game a lot of unavailable money.

Cooky

i heard they made an offer but never heard back

besides, I don't think they need it that much anymore

they have done a lot of stuff in the past year that was like 'impossible without source code' 

Iridion

March 15, 2014, 03:43:08 PM #4 Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 03:45:23 PM by Iridion
Quote from: Cooky on March 15, 2014, 03:06:20 PM
i heard they made an offer but never heard back

besides, I don't think they need it that much anymore

they have done a lot of stuff in the past year that was like 'impossible without source code'  

like new maps, new armors, new game modes, new stuff

OH WAIT

(click to show/hide)

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

Allie

Quote from: Iridion on March 15, 2014, 03:43:08 PM

We actually can do all four of those things now.
Maps is a bitch though. We don't have a modeller or armors aren't completely out of the question. We've done new game modes. Lots of new stuffs.

Iridion

thats how we roll maddie

LightRequiem

Quote from: Allie on March 15, 2014, 03:47:14 PM
we do many new stuff but release none : )
qft iri, qft

Cactus

Quote from: Iridion on March 15, 2014, 03:43:08 PM

We actually can do all four of those things now.
Maps is a bitch though. We don't have a modeller or armors aren't completely out of the question. We've done new game modes. Lots of new stuffs.
All this "new" things are just a recolorings and btw you'd better made a new anti hack shield so the old hacks from last year could be patched and there would be not so many report a hacker topics.
empty slot

Shadow

Iri you made me hate you less with what you said.  Gg bro gg.

Anyways like Cactus said your "new" maps and armors and stuff are just modded and recolored items.  Where as T-Bots has real new armors and maps.
BOUTCHEETAHS FIRST PLAYER TO LOGIN ON THE PRIVATE SERVER, FIRST PLAYER TO BE ADDED AS A GM, FIRST PLAYER TO REACH MAX LEVEL.

Pokeh

Quote from: LightRequiem on March 15, 2014, 05:20:54 PM
qft iri, qft
Quote from: Shadow on March 16, 2014, 12:10:23 AM
Iri you made me hate you less with what you said.  Gg bro gg.

Anyways like Cactus said your "new" maps and armors and stuff are just modded and recolored items.  Where as T-Bots has real new armors and maps.
hello to both you familiar faces.

--

there's no way we can get the source code. I'd love to be proved wrong, but in the hundreds of threads about this topic over the years it boils down to a simple "nope".

"can't we just make a source code from what we already have?"

technically; yes. (in this game for example, I don't have a definite answer, but in general it is possible) but that's literally as hard as building a time machine, and probably over kellies heads to even deal with.

Allie

Quote from: Iridion on March 15, 2014, 04:02:53 PM

We release a ton of awesome stuff we never thought possible even a year ago.
Friends/lobby list gives us complete control on the ui of the game.
We've already created and release new game modes that don't even require tags anymore.
We've even done some innovative stuff in-game to make raid more interesting.

We've proven we can create new models by releasing the headless kowbat and kowbat head. While we do have the technology to create and release new models, none of us have the modelling skill to create anything worthwhile.

In-game maps, we have, in fact, learned to move around nodes and create platforms. However, this is extremely early in WIP, as a project me and Ross abandoned in like December due to the thorn we've had for awhile. It's possible we will bring this project back up now that that thorn is gone.

TLDR this short few sentences,
We don't release unfinished content. Just because the ui update wasn't released a day before we released it doesn't mean we weren't capable of doing it a day before it was released.

Iridion

Quote from: Allie on March 16, 2014, 08:49:48 AM
Quote from: Iridion on March 15, 2014, 04:02:53 PM

We release a ton of awesome stuff we never thought possible even a year ago.
Friends/lobby list gives us complete control on the ui of the game.
We've already created and release new game modes that don't even require tags anymore.
We've even done some innovative stuff in-game to make raid more interesting.

We've proven we can create new models by releasing the headless kowbat and kowbat head. While we do have the technology to create and release new models, none of us have the modelling skill to create anything worthwhile.

In-game maps, we have, in fact, learned to move around nodes and create platforms. However, this is extremely early in WIP, as a project me and Ross abandoned in like December due to the thorn we've had for awhile. It's possible we will bring this project back up now that that thorn is gone.

TLDR this short few sentences,
We don't release unfinished content. Just because the ui update wasn't released a day before we released it doesn't mean we weren't capable of doing it a day before it was released.

pls dont kill me ;D

(click to show/hide)

thats how we roll maddie

Cactus

@Allie
Except of wasting time to make 100500+ op items,you could better make a really new map for those raid's except of recoloring them and adding more monster's/crap on it,or make a new monster's except of making them bigger or smaller... Js my opinion.
empty slot

Cooky

Quote from: Cactus on March 16, 2014, 10:53:30 AM
@Allie
you could better make a really new map

make a new monster instead of making them bigger or smaller

Quote from: Allie on March 16, 2014, 08:49:48 AM
While we do have the technology to create and release new models, none of us have the modelling skill to create anything worthwhile.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-