March 28, 2024, 08:10:18 PMLatest Member: manao99
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » A question

A question

Started by Pein, April 23, 2014, 06:42:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pein

A solid sphere, a spherical shell, a disc and a ring of the same radius are allowed to roll down an inclined plane simultaneously from the same height without slipping. Of these the one which reaches the bottom last is

1) solid sphere
2) spherical shell
3) disc
4) ring

Choose the correct answer.
Also give a reason if you want.

Let's see who gets it.

Iridion

implying that the ring and specially the disc will keep rotating in balance and they wont fall to a side?

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

Pein

Quote from: Iridion on April 23, 2014, 07:37:23 AM
implying that the ring and specially the disc will keep rotating in balance and they wont fall to a side?
you have to figure it out from the question

qolderman

IGN: Caustic

^thanks cooky <3
Quote from: Cooky on August 03, 2014, 12:05:07 AM
whats wrong with eating a sock

CyberSox

B, the hollow sphere, as it has the lowest mass to surface area ratio (surface area in the plane perpendicular to the direction of motion) compared to the others, meaning air resistance affects it more (assuming there is air) and it has a lower terminal velocity too. However, you cannot actually work it out properly unless you know the thickness of the ring/disk, and the mass of all of the objects. I just made up values for masses and SA that seemed reasonable.

Socks.

zomniethe4

Quote from: CyberSox on April 23, 2014, 10:14:14 AM
B, the hollow sphere, as it has the lowest mass to surface area ratio (surface area in the plane perpendicular to the direction of motion) compared to the others, meaning air resistance affects it more (assuming there is air) and it has a lower terminal velocity too. However, you cannot actually work it out properly unless you know the thickness of the ring/disk, and the mass of all of the objects. I just made up values for masses and SA that seemed reasonable.
googled

Zom

CyberSox

Quote from: zomniethe4 on April 23, 2014, 05:51:46 PM
Quote from: CyberSox on April 23, 2014, 10:14:14 AM
googled

nope..

Socks.

Cooky

FalseProphet

They are "allowed" to roll down the plane. Doesn't mean that they are rolling down the plane;). Just like saying "I'm allowed to get out of bed" but i'm not going to >:C.

Answer:answer 5) None of the above.
"Time Heals Almost Everything, Give The Time, Some Time"
IGN: LordBubba / Bubbabear ^^ / FalseProphet

Quote"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

KillerPig

here come modern day physicists who are experts in search google

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-