April 30, 2024, 01:23:13 PMLatest Member: JamesSlats
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » Tips and Guides » Basic PvP Guide

Basic PvP Guide

Started by Omniscient, June 22, 2014, 12:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Omniscient

Due to the downhill of PvP, and as dead as a virus, I decided to contribute and guide some of the noobs and average PvPers, hopefully get them better, make them interested in this game mode, and start playing with a bit of improvement of their own style. This is just a basic guide made by me, I can only teach you and help to explain you everything, and you're the one who should play and make yourself to suit your style.

The Basic Movements

You should be familiar with all of the basic moves and when to use it. Everyone knows what they are, but I'll have to term this moves when explaining throughout this guide. They are:

GA (Ground Attack): The attack you do only when you stand and move without jumping on the ground. Especially once when you are transed, hit and block (a short combo), it can do a lot of damage to your opponent.

JA (Jump Attack): The attack you do after jumping. You must be able to time it correctly. You can execute a JA from higher, middle, and lower position from the ground vertically and horizontally, and it should be executed from a certain position according to your opponent's position. Whether he's on ground or jumping in the air, attack from a position that could probably land a hit on him. You should try this and experiment this yourself, you must understand this timing and get a hold of this, and this is the most important thing which you can to do out of the trans.

IJA (Instant Jump Attack): This is done by jumping and attacking at the same time. It should be done when you are knocked down by hit or an active skill, and then right after you get up, do this. But, most probably you're likely to have a chance to be hit by your opponent while doing this. This is useful if you have a great advantage in your hp compared to your opponent.

Acknowledge of the BOT type

Out of the 3 BOTs, without regarding advantage of the BOT stats (BOT advantages = values which can be altered by changing the
values of the stats [speed, TA, evade, and TG etc]), and in terms of mechanism;

Ram > Surge > Patch

Rams simply can execute faster GA combos and have a better JA range. In terms of mechanism, if you're saying Surges are better because of their speed, you're wrong. What is meant by true mechanism is the performance of the BOT is in terms of its GA, JA, reaction time, attack range and compatibility with active skills. Aspects such as speed, TA, TG, evade etc doesn't count because they
can be altered to any of the BOT type which isn't equal to the mechanism of a BOT.

Mobility

Be aware about how you move and run. Try to get away from a transed player if you don't know to fight him when you're untransed. However, I will also teach you how to fight a transed player when you aren't transed, later.
Run and jump in different patterns. Do it in a way which you can trick, get away, and hit and chase others. Try running in straight way in which you can jump directly from a platform to other platforms covering great distances which decreases the time to. Also, try to run and jump in a straight, zigzag, and circular way throughout the platform. Your opponent shouldn't predict where you're going to move.

Basic Active PvP Skills

Ion: It isn't much useful and doesn't have much advantages compared to Rush and Uppercut. Basically, Ion is a jump attack modified in all directions with a greater range of radius. When you use Ion, you'll have a disadvantage because if you haven't successfully hit them, you are most likely to be hit, whereas, if it was a normal JA, you could move away faster and avoid being hit.

Gameguard: This skill requires the most time and skill to master it. But, if the speed and lag is in excess, this skill isn't much useful to use. It's possible to do a 10+ GG combo continuously without knocking down the opponent in PvP. I could show you this in game; it's really hard to explain.

Uppercut: This considered as an overall good skill, and also the best defensive skill.

Tips and Techniques

Uppercut Escape: This is a pretty easy move and can be very useful to avoid being hit by a transed player. When you jump and reach the highest position from the ground, execute an uppercut and you'll be in the air for a few seconds not being vulnerable to your opponent. But, don't do this to a really good pvper, he can probably do a combo and do a lot of damage to you.

Blocking: Many people overuse blocking when they can be easily attacked and side winded and some of the others never blocks. Most surges can ignore this part a bit, but Rams and Patchs should simply work upon this. Never wait blocking for the whole time for your opponent to come near you and to hit him by your rush or uppercut, instead only block in an instant of time when he's really near to you and use it as an defense while you attack to avoid being hit.

Side Winder: This is basically the jump attacks done from different directions in an instant time.

Lag: Some laggers depend upon their delay and ghost hits. So, if you're not good dealing with lag, always keep a distance between them and strike them only when you're in a phase with an opportunity to hit when you could run away from them or else you'll be ghost hit.

---------

This guide is in progression. I'll update this soon, and include some more contents and videos. As for now, I'm just explaining the basics.

Allie

Quote from: Omniscient on June 22, 2014, 12:43:10 PM
Gameguard: This skill requires the most time and skill to master it. But, if the speed and lag is in excess, this skill isn't much useful to use. It's possible to do a 10+ GG combo continuously without knocking down the opponent in PvP. I could show you this in game; it's really hard to explain.

lol what

Cooky

Quote from: Allie on June 22, 2014, 10:20:58 PM

lol what

hahaha

leapman

<br />http://mrbreadmaker.ga<br /><br />SC: breadstickmaker<br />EGK #Aphrodite<br />

123bomb123

IGN: MisterZ

ZeaL - Rank 1 in antagonizing, just
because.

Rub me out like genies, won't concede til I'm graffiti
Quote from: Yz on January 14, 2012, 06:48:35 PM
mrz is like top 40 and would probly be like
"fuk yeh n00bs im god bow to god''

Pokeh

ignore the h8ers Omniscient, do what you do best girl! <3 <3

Omniscient

Sorry, I misspelt the skill and thanks everyone.

I'll need someone to make videos, who's up?
Quote from: Pokeh on June 23, 2014, 12:07:21 AM
I'm surprised. How'd you know that I'm a girl?! <3 <3

JustRK

you are never going to evade me noblem   ::)

zomniethe4

u forgot rush
***** said instant jump attack lololol

Zom

ZeroUH

Quote from: JustRK on June 23, 2014, 01:52:09 PM
He has an account called Freak.
But this one seems noblem, too...

JustRK

Quote from: ZeroUH on June 23, 2014, 01:59:17 PM
Quote from: JustRK on June 23, 2014, 01:52:09 PM
He has an account called Freak.
But this one seems noblem, too...

I feel like he's trying to get caught on purpose every time

banzored btw, can't tell if guide was troll or actually wanted to waste time knowing you'd get caught.

Quote from: Omniscient on June 23, 2014, 01:24:05 PM
Sorry, I misspelt the skill and thanks everyone.

I'll need someone to make videos, who's up?
Quote from: Pokeh on June 23, 2014, 12:07:21 AM
I'm surprised. How'd you know that I'm a girl?! <3 <3

I'm surprised. How'd I know you were noblem! <3 <3

KillerPig

Quote from: Allie on June 22, 2014, 10:20:58 PM

lol what
block glitch?

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

Bombz

Noblem you're getting old dude, freaking quit it already  :-\

KillerPig

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-