April 26, 2024, 01:34:09 AMLatest Member: Morganpaf

Guilds

Started by Thornz, August 05, 2014, 03:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thornz

August 05, 2014, 03:53:21 PM Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 03:58:42 PM by Thornz
So I had a thought the other day about how nice it would be if when a person leaves your guild, your guild keeps half of the gp that person earned. This would make ranking up your guild easier cause you could kick inactives and still keep some of their points.

But upon further consideration I realized that this would give a massive advantage to any guild that was considerably older, as they would have cycled through more members in their lifetime. It might even make it almost impossible for newer guilds to ever achieve a high rank. Also the value of guild loyalty would go down, as well as immunity of players with higher amounts of gp.

So now I'm not even sure what my thoughts are on this. I'm kinda against my own idea lol. Is there anything that would improve this idea? I thought I'd post to see what other people's thoughts are...

IGN: FM Thornz [Lv 270]
Quote from: cyc0828He destroy my guild
Not pants

hur9

Cooky

KillerPig

i think your idea is great
here are changes i would make:

instead of keeping 50% of the guild points of the member that got kicked, you would keep 0%
this way it would be exactly the same as it is now and nothing would change

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

Thornz

Quote from: Cooky on August 05, 2014, 03:59:03 PM
Quote from: hur90 on August 05, 2014, 03:56:17 PM

Yes I know that lol. I'd vote -1 too. I was asking if there are improvements that could be made to my idea, cause it would be a mistake to just allow a guild to retain half of a player's gp when that player leaves...

The main reason I thought of this is it's a super big pain when someone with like, 10m gp leaves your guild...

Not pants

KillerPig

Quote from: Thornz on August 05, 2014, 04:05:31 PM

Yes I know that lol. I'd vote -1 too. I was asking if there are improvements that could be made to my idea, cause it would be a mistake to just allow a guild to retain half of a player's gp when that player leaves...

The main reason I thought of this is it's a super big pain when someone with like, 10m gp leaves your guild...
if that happens that would be the guildmasters fault
if you dont take care of your guildmembers, they will leave for a better guild
wats the problem

Quote from: Pokeh on August 05, 2014, 04:06:37 PM
Quote from: KillerPig on August 05, 2014, 04:04:59 PM

instead of keeping 50% of the guild points of the member that got kicked, you would keep 0%
Have you considered applying for staff?
thx ;)

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

Thornz

Quote from: KillerPig on August 05, 2014, 04:08:28 PM
Quote from: Thornz on August 05, 2014, 04:05:31 PM

if that happens that would be the guildmasters fault
if you dont take care of your guildmembers, they will leave for a better guild
wats the problem

Quote from: Pokeh on August 05, 2014, 04:06:37 PM

Have you considered applying for staff?
thx ;)

You actually make a fair point (surprisingly). If you any keep your members that's your own fault I suppose (except in rare cases, which I don't feel the need to go into).

I don't think there's any way to improve my idea so that it'd be fair, so I think ima lock this.

Not pants

Madprox

You will get moderated again very soon, if you keep making dumb posts like this one.

@topic: There's something that i like about it, but it won't work in this game, maybe if there's ever a guild wipe again, we could start like that afterwards, to have something new, but idk.
-1 for now.

edit: didn't notice it was locked already, my bad.

IGN: GM Max | Level: 270 | Guild: Utopia

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-