May 01, 2024, 10:53:45 AMLatest Member: brusej1005

Tutorial

Started by Thornz, August 14, 2014, 03:00:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thornz

What if there was a brief optional tutorial video for starting players? Just showing how to run, shoot, perform combos, use skills, etc.

I remember when I was first learning to play BOTS when I was like, 8, I couldn't figure out how the fk to run until somewhere around level 20, lmao. I hadn't bothered reading all the small text in the chat box on level 1, informing you how to use the controls. Plus, some ppl don't even try lvl 1 first, they just join a room and don't know what the hell is going on, lol

Might help a few noobs, and I don't think it'd be super hard to implement...

IGN: FM Thornz [Lv 270]
Quote from: cyc0828He destroy my guild
Not pants

qolderman

there is a F1 button in game fo dat
IGN: Caustic

^thanks cooky <3
Quote from: Cooky on August 03, 2014, 12:05:07 AM
whats wrong with eating a sock

Thornz

Quote from: qolderman on August 14, 2014, 12:59:06 PM

The majority of new players don't realize this, and a video-type tutorial would be great for ppl that don't like to read (I don't know if BC draws ppl as young as 8 like BOTS did, but I know I didn't feel like reading everything at that age)

Not pants

JustRK

Quote from: Thornz on August 14, 2014, 02:06:24 PM

The majority of new players don't realize this, and a video-type tutorial would be great for ppl that don't like to read (I don't know if BC draws ppl as young as 8 like BOTS did, but I know I didn't feel like reading everything at that age)

The very first time you log into the game I believe the F1 info screen is automatically shown displaying all the control parameters. How ever I'm also one of those people who will skip it and try to just figure it out myself when my mind is set to play  ;D

I agree there should be some sort of video tutorial system and that the site should have an official guide section (not counting the tips and guides forum thread which is a little cluttered and outdated). I'd make the videos, but meh there's not much incentive this late in the games life span haha.

Thornz

Quote from: JustRK on August 14, 2014, 02:12:24 PM
Quote from: Thornz on August 14, 2014, 02:06:24 PM

The very first time you log into the game I believe the F1 info screen is automatically shown displaying all the control parameters. How ever I'm also one of those people who will skip it and try to just figure it out myself when my mind is set to play  ;D

I agree there should be some sort of video tutorial system and that the site should have an official guide section (not counting the tips and guides forum thread which is a little cluttered and outdated). I'd make the videos, but meh there's not much incentive this late in the games life span haha.

Lol, I feel ya. I'm equally unmotivated to even try to make smth xD

Not pants

hawk5005

A new player that can't be bothered looking at the help screen that automatically opens when you first log in the game won't bother checking a video either.

-Speedy-

Quote from: hawk5005 on August 14, 2014, 03:59:57 PM
A new player that can't be bothered looking at the help screen that automatically opens when you first log in the game won't bother checking a video either.

#1 *Sector Nub*
-Speedy-, Speedy II, Speedy III

Cooky

yep

optopt

Sup Cooky !  ;D
 Off-topic/Spam.
YouTube = DanZGAStyle

SRC3 - "If you want my best then do your best"

Iridion

**** i dont even remember how you run
do you double tap?

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

Thornz

I was thinking something along the lines of a brief walkthrough that auto-plays for new characters, but has a skip button.

Not pants

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-