March 19, 2024, 04:44:24 AMLatest Member: stewartszen
BoutCheetah » Forum » Zylon Gaming » Future Updates » A reply to your suggestions - looking for feedback

A reply to your suggestions - looking for feedback

Started by Allie, October 16, 2014, 03:09:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allie

October 16, 2014, 03:09:30 AM Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 07:55:08 PM by Allie
This is a topic of ideas we got from you, and are willing to bring to the game depending on your feedback.
Please tell us your thoughts on each idea.

The max level will be reduced to 135 (exactly half of what it is now, the experienced required to hit 135 will be the same as 270, etc).
Stats will be unaffected by this change.
With this change, we will increase max level to either 140, 145, or 150 (280, 290, or 300 in current game).

Experience gained will now have an additional factor: you will get half experience if the level is above the formula [lvl*1.2+12], and you will get 1 experience if the level is above the formula [lvl*1.2+24].
For example, a level 50 will get half experience at maps 72 or higher, and 1 experience from maps 84 or higher [50*1.2+12/24].
Meanwhile, a level 200 will get half experience at maps 252 or higher, and 1 experience from maps 264 or higher [200*1.2+12/24].
This will become 6/12 if the level reduction update takes place.

Stay with me here, this is going to get complicated (PvP related),
At the start of every month (the first), our database will have a set total of X (we're thinking 40) "marks". These marks can be randomly given to you at a low rate if you manage to win an individual PvP game, and will stop dropping after all of the marks are given out
If you get a mark, you're now flagged with a mark in the room. Anyone who manages to win a game with a marked player (or players) will get a point per mark. These points will be viewable via a new interface either in the lobby or a pvp room.
The player with the most points at the end of the month will get a new item, called the MVP flag. It will have the stats of the reaper, and will ONLY be given out once a month to the person with the most points.

Bot stract will be wiped entirely and made untradeable.
Players will now receive bot stract coins on their second, fourth, sixth and seventh day of the week.
Specifically, 10 on the second, 20 on the fourth, 30 on the sixth and 40 on the seventh. This adds up to a total of 100 if you login 7/7 days a week.
Members will receive 2.5x as many bot stract as normal players (25 on the second, 50 on the fourth, 75 on the sixth and 100 on the second, adding up to 250).
Bot stract will then be redeemable on the Zylon Shop interface for zylon coins at a rate of 5 stract to 1 coin. This means 20 free coins a week for non-members, 50 for members.

The higher level armors will have a value that you can sell to the shop for gigas.

Potential welcome back and/or daily/bi-daily login rewards on a future date.

Gora from map 258 can no longer be pushed. Pushing will result in an auto-lose.

Massive ban removal of everyone who was banned before a certain date (we're thinking around summer of last year).

What is released depends on your feedback. Let us know what you think of these ideas, as they are all what's currently planned for next month.

Cooky

medchiller

October 16, 2014, 03:27:00 AM #2 Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 03:32:52 AM by medchiller
Max level thing sounds interesting but I'm just wondering it's purpose?

Experience idea would make lower levels actually play the levels instead of leeching off high levels and hardly enjoying or playing the game at all and for that I like the idea.

PvP Monthly event sound really interesting! Many players have been wanting a monthly event that has some sort of prize at the end.

Bot scract revamp sounds really cool like really really cool but there will obviously be an increase in rares in the game so I don't know if it's within the best interest of the games economy. (Maybe you're trying to reduce the cost of the rares but I don't know lol)

Higher level armors being shop sell-able is a must imo, been something that has been planned for a long time and most of the community would enjoy having it.

Rewards sound pretty cool as long as their value isn't outrageous.

Gora being unable to be pushed might be a good idea, I like it but I don't know how the rest of the community (grinders primarily) would like it.

221 and 235 as 4 man raid. YES!!! If you were to do any of these I would want this one the most!

Ban removal is kinda iffy tbh, we spend all this time trying to get rid of these hackers and then we unban them all. I think that there should be some restrictions on who and for what people get unbanned.

Cooky

pretty much agree exactly with meds whole post but im at work and dont have time to type all that on my phone

1337HaxSkill

October 16, 2014, 03:33:32 AM #4 Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 06:21:14 PM by 1337HaxSkill
(click to show/hide)

I approve of the following:

•The max level will be reduced to 135...

•Bot stract will be wiped entirely and made untradeable...
(10 ZC per week isn't enough to get anyone hooked. Take a lesson from most 'freemium' games and lure people in with more ZC. A maximum of 10 per week will get you 200 in something like 10 months, unless you're a complete addict. If you don't up the value, this feature is completely useless and will only aggravate users.)

•The higher level armors will have a value that you can sell to the shop for gigas.

•Gora from map 258 can no longer be pushed. Pushing will result in an auto-lose.
(But instead you should destroy this map and start clean on a map that is larger. I strongly suggest the Jungle map or some other big one. This is part of what's making 258 so troublesome.)

•Reducing 221 and 235 to 4-man. 250 will remain 8-man for the time being.

I strongly disapprove of everything else, especially the flag idea.
You don't see RuneScape or League of Legends doing anything like this.
Why? It's silly to care about 2 or 3 members. We're trying to target an entire audience. You shouldn't waste time with tiny things like this.
It's hardly professional.
...But I'm glad something is finally getting updated.

Also, have you given removing the resolution cap any thought? It's really putting this game in crutches and that isn't helping our player base. Excuse me for saying this, but it's an idiotic move. You have a definite advantage in FPS games with a gigabit connection, but that doesn't mean you throttle every player to 100 KB/s just to "even out the playing field."
The reason people play games is to have fun, most people that play don't really care about competition.

hur9

October 16, 2014, 03:34:09 AM #5 Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 04:22:35 AM by hur90
+1 to all, bans idk
Then the pvp flag make it untradeable and 2nd flag? Top Guild Flag is 1st. So you can use 2 cool flags at the same time(in case you have them ofc).
Quote from: medchiller on October 16, 2014, 03:27:00 AM
Max level thing sounds interesting but I'm just wondering it's purpose?
Harder leveling.
Bye 4.6m bs.

Madprox

Huge reply, I alternated my replies in color, so it would stay easy to read and maintain an overview.

(click to show/hide)

IGN: GM Max | Level: 270 | Guild: Utopia

sirhamtaro

October 16, 2014, 07:37:46 AM #7 Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 07:39:52 AM by sirhamtaro
This feels like a dream
stuffs actually getting done boys!
Reading that makes me actually want to log in to the game and do something (i dont have a pc atm you see)

anaroy50

i think its be ok to kill gora , but its will be hard in this map.
maybe connect wave 3 to the boss than can lure it to wave 2 and kill him without all nimbas and slammers hit u.
btw gora can be combo by 1 person?

IGN : PT Roy(270)/PT Royster(262)
Guild : Prestige/Legion

Meteor

Yes to everything but the mass ban removal. Maybe unban people that were banned 2-3 years ago but definitely not as close as a year ago.

(click to show/hide)

Rossbach

At the start of every month (the first), our database will have a set total of X (we're thinking 40) "marks".

Considering how many players there are, there is little chance a current player can get those ones. Can you make so it gives marks based on those that last logged in within Y amount of days ago?

@1337

It is 100/ 250 per week.

That is perm Jura after 31.85 / 12.74 weeks PER ACCOUNT, and from what it looks like, Allie did not limit it.

At least fix 235's fire to 1 hit ko.

Omnomnom eating toast.

-Speedy-

I like everything but the level. Can you make max lvl 221 again i just always liked the level 221. Or 200 that was nice looking to the eye as well.

#1 *Sector Nub*
-Speedy-, Speedy II, Speedy III

Iridion

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

Robocop7ant

Quote from: -Speedy- on October 16, 2014, 12:29:14 PM
I like everything but the level. Can you make max lvl 221 again i just always liked the level 221. Or 200 that was nice looking to the eye as well.
make lvl cap 200 for members and 150 for non members?

if it's a distance between lvls people maybe think it's better to purchase membership?
or if this not happening, is members gonna be 135 and non members x lvls?
<br />

1337HaxSkill

October 16, 2014, 06:07:39 PM #14 Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 06:14:07 PM by 1337HaxSkill
Quote from: Rossbach on October 16, 2014, 12:23:56 PM
@1337

It is 100/ 250 per week.

That is perm Jura after 31.85 / 12.74 weeks PER ACCOUNT, and from what it looks like, Allie did not limit it.

Are you sure?

Quote from: Allie on October 16, 2014, 03:09:30 AM
Players will now receive bot stract coins on their second, fourth, sixth and seventh day of the week.
Specifically, 10 on the second, 20 on the fourth, 30 on the sixth and 40 on the seventh. This adds up to a total of 100 if you login 7/7 days a week.
Members will receive 2.5x as many bot stract as normal players (25 on the second, 50 on the fourth, 75 on the sixth and 100 on the second, adding up to 250).
Bot stract will then be redeemable on the Zylon Shop interface for zylon coins at a rate of 10 stract to 1 coin. This means 10 free coins a week for non-members, 25 for members.

10 ZC per week.
If you think 318 weeks of non-stop gameplay is somehow acceptable, you don't know much about appeasing players.
Even if it were 31.8 weeks, the ridiculousness is still laughable. Anyone who plays BoutCheetah every day for the better part of a year should not be rewarded, he or she should be sent to some sort of institution for addicts.
And keep in mind the actual figure for getting a free Jura trans is much, much higher. Something like 6 or 7 years.

...Tell me my math is wrong.

Players need instant gratification for their actions.
I recommend adding some very inexpensive items to the Zylon Shop and multiplying the current Bot-Stract rewards by 10.

qolderman

IGN: Caustic

^thanks cooky <3
Quote from: Cooky on August 03, 2014, 12:05:07 AM
whats wrong with eating a sock

Allie

In response to the concerns about not enough zylon coins, we've changed it to a ratio of 5:1. This'll result in 50 zylon coins per week for members, and 20 for non-members. It's important to remember that it has to stay relatively low or else it could be heavily abused. And abusing this directly results in a loss of profit.

The ban removal has also been pushed back to about June of last year, or just a bit before last years incident.

Also, the change to raid becoming 4man has already taken place. It's removed from the list.

123bomb123

IGN: MisterZ

ZeaL - Rank 1 in antagonizing, just
because.

Rub me out like genies, won't concede til I'm graffiti
Quote from: Yz on January 14, 2012, 06:48:35 PM
mrz is like top 40 and would probly be like
"fuk yeh n00bs im god bow to god''

1337HaxSkill

October 16, 2014, 08:40:42 PM #18 Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 08:49:07 PM by 1337HaxSkill
Quote from: Allie on October 16, 2014, 07:53:52 PM
In response to the concerns about not enough zylon coins, we've changed it to a ratio of 5:1. This'll result in 50 zylon coins per week for members, and 20 for non-members. It's important to remember that it has to stay relatively low or else it could be heavily abused. And abusing this directly results in a loss of profit.

The ban removal has also been pushed back to about June of last year, or just a bit before last years incident.

Also, the change to raid becoming 4man has already taken place. It's removed from the list.

Instead of limiting everyone, how about we only limit the abusers?
I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to incorporate an IP check before awarding Bot-Stract allowances.

By my calculations, the average player will probably only earn an average 40-50 B-S a week using your system, Allie.
However, I still need some clarification as to what constitutes a week. Can I, say, log in on 10/19 and 10/20 for 10 B-S, then login on 10/22 and 10/23 for 10 more or will skipping one day of the week strip me of all my B-S-earning privileges for the week?

Let's use the higher figure, 50 B-S every week. This, of course, will translate to 5 Zylon Coins per week.
The average player will have enough to buy one Snowball every month.
I just don't think this is going to persuade anyone to buy Zylon Coins.

Again, the answer is not to limit everyone, but to limit the abusers.
In my opinion, the goal is to even everyone's earnings out, so we can control them freely.
An abuser can spend his or her hours logging into 50 accounts a day, yes, but not if we stop him or her.

I think that a more effective system would be to award a consistent sum every day, something like 5 7 Zylon Coins every day a player logs in.
If a user plays BoutCheetah every other day, or a rough total 15 days per month, he or she will have been allotted 75 105 ZC by the end of one month.
Now, in one month, I think we can all agree something like a minimum of 10 million Gigas could be earned easily.
Even in one week, a player might earn 10 million Gigas.
Now, let's compare this minimum sum to the price of a Halloween Shoulder, which sells in the Zylon Shop for about 500 ZC.
Since a player may earn an average of 75 105 ZC per month, it is fair to say that a player may use his or her earnings from the past 6 to 7 months 5 months to purchase a Halloween Shoulder using Zylon Coins that he or she could have afforded using one month's worth of Gigas.
I think we can agree that this system is not at all overpowered, and still rewards players with enough Zylon Coins to evaluate them and decide if they'd like to buy more with their own money.

Allie

It's easy to say it's an easy solution to limit the abusers, but such a statement is not possible.
Such failsafes as an ip check hurts real players just as much, if not more than abusers.
If you have an alt and you log into it before your main, gg your mains coins.

I see your concern, but our goal is to reward people over time, not give a large amount of free stuff. If 100 people earned 100 coins a week, that's 10,000 free coins a week that we're giving out.

z0co2

October 16, 2014, 09:18:46 PM #20 Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 06:58:11 PM by z0co2
Quote from: Allie on October 16, 2014, 03:09:30 AM
The max level will be reduced to 135 (exactly half of what it is now, the experienced required to hit 135 will be the same as 270, etc).
Stats will be unaffected by this change.
With this change, we will increase max level to either 140, 145, or 150 (280, 290, or 300 in current game).

Experience gained will now have an additional factor: you will get half experience if the level is above the formula [lvl*1.2+12], and you will get 1 experience if the level is above the formula [lvl*1.2+24].
For example, a level 50 will get half experience at maps 72 or higher, and 1 experience from maps 84 or higher [50*1.2+12/24].
Meanwhile, a level 200 will get half experience at maps 252 or higher, and 1 experience from maps 264 or higher [200*1.2+12/24].
This will become 6/12 if the level reduction update takes place.

Stay with me here, this is going to get complicated (PvP related),
At the start of every month (the first), our database will have a set total of X (we're thinking 40) "marks". These marks can be randomly given to you at a low rate if you manage to win an individual PvP game, and will stop dropping after all of the marks are given out
If you get a mark, you're now flagged with a mark in the room. Anyone who manages to win a game with a marked player (or players) will get a point per mark. These points will be viewable via a new interface either in the lobby or a pvp room.
The player with the most points at the end of the month will get a new item, called the MVP flag. It will have the stats of the reaper, and will ONLY be given out once a month to the person with the most points.

Bot stract will then be redeemable on the Zylon Shop interface for zylon coins at a rate of 5 stract to 1 coin. This means 20 free coins a week for non-members, 50 for members.

The higher level armors will have a value that you can sell to the shop for gigas.

Potential welcome back and/or daily/bi-daily login rewards on a future date.

Gora from map 258 can no longer be pushed. Pushing will result in an auto-lose.

Massive ban removal of everyone who was banned before a certain date (we're thinking around summer of last year).

Hmmm, max lvl 200 looks better if ya ask me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The experience idea sounds great.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Love the Pvp idea, but I'm disappointed that there's nothing planned for BvB.

Sounds awesome!

Sounds great.

Sounds great.

Hmmm, not being able to push Gora is not something grinders like to hear..

If you're gonna unban those players and give them another chance, at least strip them from their parts. Take them all away as punishment..

1337HaxSkill

Quote from: Allie on October 16, 2014, 08:51:48 PM
It's easy to say it's an easy solution to limit the abusers, but such a statement is not possible.
Such failsafes as an ip check hurts real players just as much, if not more than abusers.
If you have an alt and you log into it before your main, gg your mains coins.

I see your concern, but our goal is to reward people over time, not give a large amount of free stuff. If 100 people earned 100 coins a week, that's 10,000 free coins a week that we're giving out.

It seems likely that everyone's main account has more EXP than their alts, right?
So, write a script that will first gather all known accounts associated with an IP, check if that IP has logged in that day, and award B-S or ZC to the account with the most EXP.
Or you can permit trading B-S.

If you read my system one more time, I think you'll see that it isn't overpowered at all.
Yes, you may be giving away 10,000 Zylon Coins, but I prefer not to look at it that way.
If I gave everyone in the US one dollar, I'd be short upwards of 300 million.
But everyone else would only have one more dollar than they did before.

Also, people won't make 100 ZC per week, my system assumes they'll make 100 ZC per month.
I also explained that this isn't a large amount. After five months, you'll have enough ZC to buy a Halloween Shoulder, worth 10m or less.

If you added inexpensive, untradeable 1/2/3-day rares to the Zylon Shop, people could more easily evaluate the items there, and this will sell more Zylon Coins.
I believe Acclaim did this in the original BOTS!! game with coin items dropping in boxes.
You give players a taste, and many will want more.

It's something like samples at a mall or supermarket.
Yes, they're giving away pounds and pounds of tiny little cubes of meat, but they will, in turn, sell many more pounds than they wasted.

And with that, I will stop defending my case. (:

Rossbach

Quote from: 1337HaxSkill on October 16, 2014, 06:07:39 PM
Quote from: Rossbach on October 16, 2014, 12:23:56 PM
@1337

It is 100/ 250 per week.

Are you sure?

Wops completely overlooked that.

It seems likely that everyone's main account has more EXP than their alts, right?

They may or may not want it on their main, and more exp may not always be the case. Maybe they could use the launcher where it lists your accounts and have a button for which account you want to count for the daily login?.

Omnomnom eating toast.

Ramk1ng

Any idea when the suggestion u said here will be modified in-game? ( can't wait untill i can farm the high lvl red boxes)

Allie

Quote from: Ramk1ng on October 18, 2014, 08:55:05 AM
Any idea when the suggestion u said here will be modified in-game? ( can't wait untill i can farm the high lvl red boxes)

Everything in this thread is planned for November.

Thornz

IGN: FM Thornz [Lv 270]
Quote from: cyc0828He destroy my guild
Not pants

zanzona

Like it soo much , ill probably start playing bc again :D
but max lv is 135 for members n non members??
MrScorpion <3

Thornz

Quote from: zanzona on October 18, 2014, 05:39:21 PM
Like it soo much , ill probably start playing bc again :D
but max lv is 135 for members n non members??

My guess would be 100 for non members, or 112 as that would be half of 225. Idk tho

IGN: FM Thornz [Lv 270]
Quote from: cyc0828He destroy my guild
Not pants

matan124

About the pvp idea- its nice tho u REALLY need to nerf rt2 and rt1 before doing so because rt2 patch with upper II (that know how to play) is almost unstoppable in small maps.
Imo the t3 stats are perfect and should be the max stats for pvp. (generally)
Also make the 40 selected players be chosen by playing some specific maps coz ppl will start "farming" that- playing holo for 5 secounds each game in order to get points.
A better idea would be that the player (from the 40) who lost the least times will get the flag and then ppl will want to pvp him more in order to beat him to make his loses increase, because the win rate can be manipulated and the factor of how many games played will also take in concideration.

Anyway, if you continue with your idea as it is now ,the future of pvp will be 2342345 rooms of ppl suicideing to help some1 get the flag like any other event ever made for pvp.
Im sure that your point was to make pvp active in a competative way and not in a "suicide to win" way like all the other events so imo you should to change your idea.
Nephthys

Nero Blizzah

The max level decrease serves no purpose in my mind, and I've tried different ways of seeing it to give it purpose and there still is none.

The experience idea does sound like a good idea, like Cooky said, the lower levels will now actually play the game and enjoy it more.

PvP tournaments and the bot stract idea are not bad yet not good so if they get passed I wouldn't mind.

Gigas for higher level armors is a good idea and I like it. Especially since some players are unable to make money at a substantial rate either because they can not afford to buy ZC or their parents will not allow them to.

Welcome back presents also seem like a good idea because after not playing for a while, people generally come back for a reason and that's to play again. A welcome back present may serve as another reason to stay since it somewhat seems that the Staff still care about people who haven't even played in a long time.

The ban removal is another not bad but not good idea so again, if it gets passed, I wouldn't mind.

I am very strongly against the auto-lose if you push Gora. As a grinder myself, pushing Gora is a very important aspect of grinding. A lot of fun would be thrown from the game if this is put in place. Even having to kill all key mobs sometimes gets tedious but having to kill Gora every time? Unimaginable. Plus, looking through the replies, the only people who said this was a good idea are not even active or go on at all in game, let alone grind. Exactly how much do they care if something that seems so little to them, such as not being able to push Gora, gets put into place? I feel as a large amount of players, and I mean a large amount, grind more often that not and not being able to push Gora anymore would make most of them upset and/or outraged. When i heard this was getting put into place the first statement I thought of was "I'm quitting"  Please do not bring this into the game. Thank you. (If you were offended by anything in this, let me know)

Cooky

Quote from: Nero Blizzah on October 20, 2014, 07:06:51 PM
Plus, looking through the replies, the only people who said this was a good idea are not even active or go on at all in game, let alone grind. Exactly how much do they care if something that seems so little to them, such as not being able to push Gora, gets put into place?

did you ever think that maybe one of the big reasons those people aren't active and they dont grind is because of the fact that lvl 258 being the only level people play and being stupidly easy has ruined it for them? i fit into that category and im sure many others do too. I can tell you that, we care a lot about it and it does not seem 'so little' to us. Its game breaking.

Nero Blizzah

That completely passed my mind. Yet, if Gora was unable to be pushed that would be game breaking for the ones that do still play now.
Quote from: Cooky on October 20, 2014, 07:40:50 PM
Plus, looking through the replies, the only people who said this was a good idea are not even active or go on at all in game, let alone grind. Exactly how much do they care if something that seems so little to them, such as not being able to push Gora, gets put into place?

did you ever think that maybe one of the big reasons those people aren't active and they dont grind is because of the fact that lvl 258 being the only level people play and being stupidly easy has ruined it for them? i fit into that category and im sure many others do too. I can tell you that, we care a lot about it and it does not seem 'so little' to us. Its game breaking.

Cooky

Quote from: Nero Blizzah on October 21, 2014, 08:29:02 AM
Yet, if Gora was unable to be pushed that would be game breaking for the ones that do still play now.

really? game breaking? cry me a river

remember a time when people used to grind lvl 239? you know.. the one that used to take many minutes to complete. the one that took some coordination and teamwork. the one where sometimes you would die, and sometimes you would even die more then once. the one where you couldnt push anything.  and back then the player base was much larger and happier. so i really dont think making 1 boss on lvl 258 non pushable and having you grinders take an extra minute per run and actually have to use some skill will really be as 'game breaking' as you say. or maybe im wrong. maybe the player base has been reduced to a bunch of people who rather combo spam and clear levels in 1 minute with a difficulty threshold 1 step above cookie clicker, then actually be somewhat challenged. I sure hope thats not the case.

firekill352

Quote from: Cooky on October 21, 2014, 12:14:38 PM
Quote from: Nero Blizzah on October 21, 2014, 08:29:02 AM
Yet, if Gora was unable to be pushed that would be game breaking for the ones that do still play now.

really? game breaking? cry me a river

remember a time when people used to grind lvl 239? you know.. the one that used to take many minutes to complete. the one that took some coordination and teamwork. the one where sometimes you would die, and sometimes you would even die more then once. the one where you couldnt push anything.  and back then the player base was much larger and happier. so i really dont think making 1 boss on lvl 258 non pushable and having you grinders take an extra minute per run and actually have to use some skill will really be as 'game breaking' as you say. or maybe im wrong. maybe the player base has been reduced to a bunch of people who rather combo spam and clear levels in 1 minute with a difficulty threshold 1 step above cookie clicker, then actually be somewhat challenged. I sure hope thats not the case.

grinding lvl 239, those were the good times
Utopia Member
Sympathy - Old Veteran

Firekill352- Ramk1ng as back in the old days.

Cooky

Nero Blizzah

How about you cry me a river? You dont even play the game so you don't understand what we've come to enjoy. The old days are over. We're on the now and now pushing gora is important not your past pleasures. Plus arent you staff? Arent staff supposed to be friendly? Not jerks?

Allie

I am very strongly against the auto-lose if you push Gora. As a grinder myself, pushing Gora is a very important aspect of grinding. A lot of fun would be thrown from the game if this is put in place. Even having to kill all key mobs sometimes gets tedious but having to kill Gora every time? Unimaginable. Plus, looking through the replies, the only people who said this was a good idea are not even active or go on at all in game, let alone grind. Exactly how much do they care if something that seems so little to them, such as not being able to push Gora, gets put into place? I feel as a large amount of players, and I mean a large amount, grind more often that not and not being able to push Gora anymore would make most of them upset and/or outraged. When i heard this was getting put into place the first statement I thought of was "I'm quitting"  Please do not bring this into the game. Thank you. (If you were offended by anything in this, let me know)

This thread is here for feedback.
Your input is appreciated, would like to hear what you would suggest in return though.
It is, sadly, an undisputed fact that a majority of players don't want a rofl map where you grind 1 minute a game all day.
I cannot make everyone happy. What are your thoughts on a middle ground?

Nero Blizzah

May  I suggest a middle ground? Rather than changing the map completely, how about making a new level, say 260 where is it the same exact thing as 258. But, you can not push Gora and keep 258 the same?

Allie

Quote from: Nero Blizzah on October 21, 2014, 02:50:06 PM
May  I suggest a middle ground? Rather than changing the map completely, how about making a new level, say 260 where is it the same exact thing as 258. But, you can not push Gora and keep 258 the same?

That's like telling people to do 266 instead of 258. People could do a harder map, but then they'd be at a disadvantage towards those who choose to do the easier map. Thus they leave.

Nero Blizzah

Yeah, I'm sorry but that make no sense. If people want to do harder map, they can, yes. That's their decision. If they want to they realize that it is slower than 258. Okay and people still do 266 instead of 258, knowing they'd be at a "disadvantage." If they want harder map they should get one, not everyone should have to deal with what some people want and have their GP inhibited due to some people's preferences.

Madprox

Quote from: Nero Blizzah on October 21, 2014, 04:47:24 PM
Yeah, I'm sorry but that make no sense. If people want to do harder map, they can, yes. That's their decision. If they want to they realize that it is slower than 258. Okay and people still do 266 instead of 258, knowing they'd be at a "disadvantage." If they want harder map they should get one, not everyone should have to deal with what some people want and have their GP inhibited due to some people's preferences.

as allie mentioned,  it's not just some players,  it's the majority of the players. Mostky veterans.
Its fun to get millions of exp in a day. But it's not good for the game im the long run.
We camr from a time where you had tk simply work for your exp and gp and we'd like that back.

Nero Blizzah

Veterans are veterans for a reason. What makes someone a veteran is they are no longer active, as in the army. Obviously the same concept goes for games. Like I saud that's how it used to be, not how it is. I'm many veterans in the real world would like for the world to go back to before all this technology came into place. But it's not going to happen.

qolderman

my suggestion is to remove 258 map completely, no making gora non pushable etc

just remove the map

too many problems with it
IGN: Caustic

^thanks cooky <3
Quote from: Cooky on August 03, 2014, 12:05:07 AM
whats wrong with eating a sock

FalseProphet

Quote from: Nero Blizzah on October 21, 2014, 05:46:03 PM
Veterans are veterans for a reason. What makes someone a veteran is they are no longer active, as in the army. Obviously the same concept goes for games. Like I saud that's how it used to be, not how it is. I'm many veterans in the real world would like for the world to go back to before all this technology came into place. But it's not going to happen.

Yes, let's keep a map that feeds new players xp and quick levels so you reach max in a day. Sounds like so much fun, i stopped playing because of how easy it is to obtain mostly anything in this game. Nothing to do with being new or veteran. If you want to be spoon fed in games so you have to do nothing to earn anything then go play techno kitten adventure or something.
"Time Heals Almost Everything, Give The Time, Some Time"
IGN: LordBubba / Bubbabear ^^ / FalseProphet

Quote"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

STC Zero

Quote from: qolderman on October 21, 2014, 06:00:10 PM

just remove the map

too bad, remove that map it will be a problem to all players to get gp and experience fast :(

Nero Blizzah

If your problem is having low levels leech from 258why not have a level minimum for who can play it, just as raid has?

Cooky

just remove the map

i would +1 this, if no other solution could be reached

hur9

Quote from: Cooky on October 21, 2014, 08:50:18 PM

just remove the map

i would +1 this.

Madprox

No time to quote everything.

Veterans don't mean those people quit the game.  How else would they ask for something if they didn't play and didn't care.
A ton of veterans still play and are still active, like me, and want updates, like less exp, so that we can enjoy the game more like we used to.
Veterans have a say in things, because we hve been here a whilr, so it would not be smart to ignore us.

Also, I thought the solution was to make gora not pushable?
Thats a good solution imo cause it will slow down the map completion time.
Then a global exp/gp fix on every map would be the next thing.
(Since that's not a quickfix)

hur9

OsirisStar

Quote from: Madprox on October 21, 2014, 09:06:55 PM
No time to quote everything.

Veterans don't mean those people quit the game.  How else would they ask for something if they didn't play and didn't care.
A ton of veterans still play and are still active, like me, and want updates, like less exp, so that we can enjoy the game more like we used to.
Veterans have a say in things, because we hve been here a whilr, so it would not be smart to ignore us.

Also, I thought the solution was to make gora not pushable?
Thats a good solution imo cause it will slow down the map completion time.
Then a global exp/gp fix on every map would be the next thing.
(Since that's not a quickfix)
What Vets are still here and play the game on an active bases other then staff vets?

Madprox

Firey
Exe
Ramking
Baggie
Robo
Silky
Goldie
Lamp
Kulv
Dna
Bbq
Nsk
Roy
Etc.
Check exp ranking pages 1-3 for a bigger list.
Also you should know that many vets lay low, waiting for a big update, and will then come back.

Yz

it doesn't matter what you guys do or don't enjoy. when something is broken it gets nerfed, and 258 is broken.
DISCORD killyzkill

Nero Blizzah

I dont even care anymore. By the way max, my grandma is more active than you are.

Madprox

Quote from: Nero Blizzah on October 21, 2014, 11:35:56 PM
I dont even care anymore. By the way max, my grandma is more active than you are.
What's her in-game name? I'll say hi.
I think you're forgetting that me and her may live in different timezones. 

You should do more research before you start pointing the finger if you have no idea what you're talking about.

Anyways,  yz, our opinion does matter :/

hur9

Quote from: Madprox on October 21, 2014, 11:55:44 PM
imo in the case of 258 it's not that relevant, you can give some ideas how to nerf it since it needs a nerf
You know it's broken when a legit player have 1b exp and 71m guild points, wich is more gps than what Aeon the #1 guild back in the day had.

Yz

Quote from: hur90 on October 22, 2014, 12:14:52 AM
imo in the case of 258 it's not that relevant, you can give some ideas how to nerf it since it needs a nerf

this is what i meant yeah. your opinions will always matter but on the topic of 258 it's way too ****ed to remain untouched
DISCORD killyzkill

Madprox

Quote from: Yz on October 22, 2014, 12:25:47 AM
Quote from: hur90 on October 22, 2014, 12:14:52 AM

this is what i meant yeah. your opinions will always matter but on the topic of 258 it's way too ****ed to remain untouched
yah but u didnt specifically point out u meant they didnt matter too much just for 258 :D
I agree lol. Anyone that says 258 is just fine, needs to see a doctor :D

Yz

yes i did. your english wasn't keen enough to tell though, the sentence completely targets something that is broken
DISCORD killyzkill

knightofms

Just passing by here.. I kinda miss the old times grinding on the 239 map... which requires teamwork and coordination between players...

After the release of 259 map, most players are either grinding on this map and leeching for faster exp gain as Gora is pushable... which I think thats the reason behind the achievement of maxed-level players (without membership) in 1 week time or less... some even within few days of non-stop grinding and leeching...

With the nerf on 259 map, making gora non-pushable, IMO this would result in much lesser player leeching-off this map and at the same time making the ranking on max-exp-gain back to normal... I would somehow agree on this nerf patch or the removal of this map...

Robocop7ant

We don't just grind 258 any more.

this post wasn't gonna be here, but every item lower than 150 isn't that mch in use cause of the lvl increase.
we could drop it back to 200 and 150 , it wouldn't harm any one that mch. it would give more reasons to buy member  ;)
<br />

Haizakokaru

I'm all for most of this. Why unban people? Because powerleveling was so easy to come by?

Woe to me for no longer getting xp/gp for soloing the old 95 on my lower levels. :/
I suppose it's worth it for a more wholesome game experience however.
IGN: Haizakokaru | Shaokarauk | Raishira
LOW: Hazarath | Raishira2

BOTS Acclaim Aliases:

Haizakokaru5 | Silencer4597 lvl100 RAM | Omnigrey45 lvl100 SURGE | sumnigara56 lvl 77 PATCH | Byzok27 lvl 38 SURGE | quarwike56 lvl 37 RAM

FalseProphet

You want something that's challegning/long with high rewards for completion. Which was the aim for raid, but all people cared about was the fact they couldn't find players to do it with or the fact that they just cried at every little thing. When you look at dlc's expansion's on other games the players don't get a patch right away, and if they do they don't nerf it majority of the time if anything it's a patch to make it harder by getting rid of bugs/glitches/hackers. I'm all for updates and new stuff, fix the first thing then updates.
IGN: LordBubba / Bubbabear ^^ / FalseProphet

Quote"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

power1surge

The max level decrease serves no purpose in my mind, and I've tried different ways of seeing it to give it purpose and there still is none.

The experience idea does sound like a good idea, like Cooky said, the lower levels will now actually play the game and enjoy it more.

PvP tournaments and the bot stract idea are not bad yet not good so if they get passed I wouldn't mind.

Gigas for higher level armors is a good idea and I like it. Especially since some players are unable to make money at a substantial rate either because they can not afford to buy ZC or their parents will not allow them to.

Welcome back presents also seem like a good idea because after not playing for a while, people generally come back for a reason and that's to play again. A welcome back present may serve as another reason to stay since it somewhat seems that the Staff still care about people who haven't even played in a long time.

The ban removal is another not bad but not good idea so again, if it gets passed, I wouldn't mind.

I  completely agree with you on the gora punching. Very annoying for grinders
Also hate the max levlel lowering

dominatorj

Is there any reason these changes haven't been done? I read that it was supposed to be done in November. Sorry if I'm missing something, I am sort of new (I played about 8 years ago, but just recently started playing again) and haven't been on the forums before now. I thought they were great ideas, and it seemed like most everyone agreed too (agreed with almost all of the changes, anyway).

Bubbabear

Quote from: dominatorj on May 03, 2015, 09:45:10 PM
Is there any reason these changes haven't been done? I read that it was supposed to be done in November. Sorry if I'm missing something, I am sort of new (I played about 8 years ago, but just recently started playing again) and haven't been on the forums before now. I thought they were great ideas, and it seemed like most everyone agreed too (agreed with almost all of the changes, anyway).

because most of it recquires either too much work than it's worth, or just can't be done. Stuff in between well who knows, still waiting on the swarmed legion updates............
IGN: LordBubba / Bubbabear ^^

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-