April 26, 2024, 11:00:37 AMLatest Member: ryu6208
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » General Discussion » Pledge to not grind 258 nor 172

Pledge to not grind 258 nor 172

Started by Haizakokaru, January 12, 2015, 01:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haizakokaru

Hey everyone, I might edit this with further description, but I'm a bit tired atm:

Since I rejoined BOTS, I have noticed a serious lack of skill in the majority of people's play. I accredit this to over-dependency on easy levels that are the target of grinders such as lvl 258 and lvl 172.

I would like to start a movement for "legit" lvling and more independent gameplay to focus on our player base's growth not in the xp sense, but in the skill department.

I'd like this to work in conjunction with http://boutcheetah.zylongaming.com/index.php?topic=55694.0
Seriously, if you're a mentor, DO NOT simply grind 258/172 with newbies. That's setting a bad role model for everyone else, because no one will learn how to truly play BOTS and appreciate each of its little nuances within the game mechanics.

Thankfully, I ran into a very skilled lvl1 surge Korean named Coco Chanel and he reminded me that xp is meaningless especially in harder maps where I see lvl 225s constantly fumble up a game of Hackken (formerly 95) or the jungle map (formerly 88). I even saw a lvl 225 completely fail a lvl 121 on hard mode. Just pathetic.

Please sign under this thread with your IGN if you'd like to be part of this movement to revive a more competitive BOTS that is not a mindless grindfest which is rampant in most RPGs nowadays. True Gaming is not sitting and clicking/punching keys in a repetitive and memorized fashion, that's what our workplaces are for.
IGN: Haizakokaru | Shaokarauk | Raishira
LOW: Hazarath | Raishira2

BOTS Acclaim Aliases:

Haizakokaru5 | Silencer4597 lvl100 RAM | Omnigrey45 lvl100 SURGE | sumnigara56 lvl 77 PATCH | Byzok27 lvl 38 SURGE | quarwike56 lvl 37 RAM

KillerPig

really nice idea but I don't see this idea being popular

bcs playerbase consists of mostly gp grinders at this point
trying to stop them from grinding the same easy map for easy gp is gonna be really difficult

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

Cooky

Quote from: KillerPig on January 12, 2015, 01:21:21 PM

trying to stop them from grinding the same easy map for easy gp is gonna be really difficult

agreed

if anything the 'movement' should be getting the level rewards to be more balanced so people dont just grind the same ones

Yz

We really, really need a harder map...
DISCORD killyzkill

Bubbabear

If someone says to you, go to the shop and get me some milk and il pay you 1,000 dollars, or  go run a kilometre for 1,000 dollars. I know which i'd do. People don't do challenges unless the rewards are good. If something is easy with high rewards ofcourse people farm it, that's why on games when people find glitches to make farming and/or gaining to their own advantage they will abuse it and find an easy way round it. Raid was good, thought out and challenging it's just getting the right balance. Plus with hackers, glitchers and the sorts it kinda brings it down a bit. So i think the difficulty should be increased. Making it take at least 2-4 people to solo a map not just one with the rest just helping to start the room. I feel no motivation for playing at the moment, as there is no challenge or real goal.

I do come on every now and again as the only thing get's me playing still is just keeping up with friends.
"Time Heals Almost Everything, Give The Time, Some Time"
IGN: LordBubba / Bubbabear ^^

Quote"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

LightRequiem

i agree with you 100%, bro

games are supposed to challenging and engaging, not just repetitive wastes of time .-.

Twist of Fate / rockthumper / Legiticals

Haizakokaru

Quote from: KillerPig on January 12, 2015, 01:21:21 PM

I definitely agree.

First, I needed to confirm if this mindset is within the populace, especially since this game is ruled by the select few.
IGN: Haizakokaru | Shaokarauk | Raishira
LOW: Hazarath | Raishira2

BOTS Acclaim Aliases:

Haizakokaru5 | Silencer4597 lvl100 RAM | Omnigrey45 lvl100 SURGE | sumnigara56 lvl 77 PATCH | Byzok27 lvl 38 SURGE | quarwike56 lvl 37 RAM

Xkiller712

Robocop7ant

January 16, 2015, 02:50:12 AM #8 Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 02:56:59 AM by Robocop7ant
The community have allways been up and down with challenges, yes it was more challending before.
Why not bring up old 95/98 from bots as hardest map, then you need patch and ram/surge,  and the exp/gps need to be same as 258.

And gigas should be brought up again, all the prizes for stuff is falling badly cause the community in-game that's active doesn't have that much gigas
<br />

Xkiller712

Quote from: Robocop7ant on January 16, 2015, 02:50:12 AM
The community have allways been up and down with challenges, yes it was more challending before.
Why not bring up old 95/98 from bots as hardest map, then you need patch and ram/surge,  and the exp/gps need to be same as 258.

And gigas should be brought up again, all the prizes for stuff is falling badly cause the community in-game that's active doesn't have that much gigas
This!!
Make elektra sellable to the shop for more gigas
I know this has been planned a while ago, but get on it santa

KillerPig

sector and leveling in general has been totally butt****ed for the longest time
it's gonna take a lot more than that to fix sector

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

Bubbabear

Quote from: KillerPig on January 19, 2015, 08:02:35 PM

^Agree there

i think it shoudl just delete everything back to 172 and then re-do again with implements of the newer things that would be balanced and can be balanced without chucking out or anything in without big discussion first. Or make low server how it was originally back in the day before giga balance etc and raid/survival and see what's played more then slowly use low (if people use it more than high) to work on more updates which people want and are balanced and will keep people playing

Quote"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

Xkiller712

Quote from: Bubbabear on January 19, 2015, 09:54:23 PM

^Agree there

i think it shoudl just delete everything back to 172 and then re-do again with implements of the newer things that would be balanced and can be balanced without chucking out or anything in without big discussion first. Or make low server how it was originally back in the day before giga balance etc and raid/survival and see what's played more then slowly use low (if people use it more than high) to work on more updates which people want and are balanced and will keep people playing
This actually doesn't sound like a bad idea, the only negative externality i can see is thematic getting mad about the changed exp rate, but he's long gone.  The low server could be used as a guinea pig to try and improve the game, without the risk of harming the human (high server)

Robocop7ant

Quote from: Xkiller712 on January 20, 2015, 01:51:25 AM

^Agree there

This actually doesn't sound like a bad idea, the only negative externality i can see is thematic getting mad about the changed exp rate, but he's long gone.  The low server could be used as a guinea pig to try and improve the game, without the risk of harming the human (high server)
What about us who play on low server?

And the both servers are connected, if they gonna make any changes in low server of items/map and stuff i think they need to do it with two different clients, i am not sure.

The max lvl cap and exp rate on low server is crazy.
They should have changed exp rate on low, so people would like to no life on that server too, cause if they get people there, then they maybe buy dm gun/meto wings and the game gets money?
<br />

Bubbabear

Quote from: Robocop7ant on January 20, 2015, 02:25:42 AM
Quote from: Xkiller712 on January 20, 2015, 01:51:25 AM

^Agree there

What about us who play on low server?

And the both servers are connected, if they gonna make any changes in low server of items/map and stuff i think they need to do it with two different clients, i am not sure.

The max lvl cap and exp rate on low server is crazy.
They should have changed exp rate on low, so people would like to no life on that server too, cause if they get people there, then they maybe buy dm gun/meto wings and the game gets money?

I was level 126 on low back when Thematic, Morroco and couple others of us played,  I saw no point especially now. So it's not like i've never put in the effort or understand what it's like to earn it.  Just feel this would give more reason to it seen as there is barely any to no players who play it now or when they do they play like several games not even an hours worth a times.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-