March 28, 2024, 04:31:52 PMLatest Member: manao99
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other BoutCheetah Stuff » Suggestions » Suggestion about update

Suggestion about update

Started by perrobueno20, June 20, 2015, 01:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluepatchx

June 22, 2015, 03:57:14 AM #15 Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 04:05:04 AM by Bluepatchx
I might be wrong, but an EXP wipe is starting everyone from 0, right?

If so, why do you not just create a new account? I do not believe everyone wants to restart from scratch. It's counter-intuitive for the purpose of this game. Sure, it's a grinding game, but restarting the whole lot seems both unfair and a bit extreme for those not wanting to be involved.

As for the need for new items/maps; this game thrives off the ability for people completing sectors. With that said, it opens a game-play which includes some skill (learning the sector) and mastering the ability to clear it faster and faster. Granted that 258 is pretty much an extremely common sector to grind for hours on, it does also highlight the need to increase the 'sectors' (play fields) where players can continue to 'grind' if they so wish. But also ascertain a new challenge, and not having to start from absolute 0 again. New items also revitalise an old or 'out-dated' concept, i.e. Meto armour. If you create more skins for equal stat items, it can become a cosmetic thing. Or you, can widen the variety for the players and will re-incentives the whole situation. (such as the RT suggestions of different colours)  

This topic is of course very to-and-fro, and a lot of outside factors are often either over-looked or simplified a lot for the layman. As such, while I agree than EXP wipe (if my first sentence is the correct understanding) will be quicker and easier to do. However, it strongly moves away from any purpose of having levels at all. Sure - you'd get a race to see who would get to level 225 or 270 the first, but then you end up exactly where we are now. Where as introducing newly skinned levels, or something similar, you are creating a long term solution. (of course it will come to some sort of end eventually, but it would last much longer than a exp reset)

But aye, complex matters always share more than one solution. And as always, these are just personal thoughts :D
- - - - - My portfolio: http://jsvanbreda.cynderian.com/ - - - - - 

anaroy50

Quote from: Robocop7ant on June 22, 2015, 03:18:58 AM
Why do we allways need New items, mars or lvl?

I suggested a exp wipe. Then it would be easier to make a xP x2 event and other events.

Rt3 set should be released, but if it's released..  People Will allways want more or less in-game.

u cant just throw all wut ppl work on for years.
wont be fair at all, u should know that, ur one of them. all the exp u got just gone?
r u srsly think about it? just make a new acc like blupatch said and ull have 0exp like u wanted T-T.

IGN : PT Roy(270)/PT Royster(262)
Guild : Prestige/Legion

Bubbabear

Just saying i think he means not to just wipe and re-do, but to wipe then re-balance. So not only will it take people longer to level, all the other levels before will be played more give's lower levels a chance to actually purchased armour rather than being 100 levels above the current armour set they got due to not being able to afford it.

At the same time, a exp wipe just isn't really a option especially one which the whole community would agree with.

New items/Maps/Armour isn't needed? Ok yes let's not add anything new. Just keep recycling old stuff over and over again, it's not going to get anywhere and soon you'll hit a dead-end. People like new, gives them incentive on playing like oh i want to be the first to get it or the only one. However with the issue of time/coding and not being able to put in anything completley new there is that slight challenege. I do however applaud Meteor and Santa on the Tinker head, rather than just a re-colour taking a head from  a trans was clever.
"Time Heals Almost Everything, Give The Time, Some Time"
IGN: LordBubba / Bubbabear ^^

Quote"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

TeXeT

I think you should find another programmer who would help you Allie and Kenny, you cant or dont want to progress, this game is business for you, if you dont invest time nothing going to change, and you will lose player base. Just to compare look how many people are got active after more staff were promoted and after Kenny got back and made few updates.

Yz

Quote from: TeXeT on June 22, 2015, 02:35:24 PM
I think you should find another programmer who would help you Allie and Kenny, you cant or dont want to progress, this game is business for you, if you dont invest time nothing going to change, and you will lose player base. Just to compare look how many people are got active after more staff were promoted and after Kenny got back and made few updates.

Still 10% of what the playerbase was 2 years ago
DISCORD killyzkill

Bubbabear

I see about and averag of 15-20 people 27 at peak times. I wouldn't say it's much of an increase.

Quote"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

Bluepatchx

Quote from: TeXeT on June 22, 2015, 02:35:24 PM

The suggestion to get another programmer has been brought up on a couple of occasions to Santa. Unfortunately, getting another programmer comes down to two key things;

1) You need to be able to find one who is willing to work for free (as they rather work on it their own, than pay - which is understandable to an extent).

2) You need to find someone you trust. Because if you want someone to programme for this game, they must have full access to both your engine + your source code. And I am sure you can imagine what it would mean if someone walked away with the source code. Unlike massive companies like Blizzard or ArenaNet, Zylon Gaming does not have a huge building where they keep all their programmers in :P it's done through one or two people at most, on private devices, it seems. (I could be wrong, but I do believe this is the case). So yeah, these two factors are what's keeping the programming a bit slow.

Side note: There are a lot of things which I think are not yet fully understood about the source code, Or else a lot more change would have happened already. I do think the admins want to add new items, but it's a matter of knowing how. (By new items I mean completely new, never before seen models, etc). 

onyx

Quote from: Bluepatchx on June 22, 2015, 08:48:00 PM
You need to find someone you trust. Because if you want someone to programme for this game, they must have full access to both your engine + your source code. And I am sure you can imagine what it would mean if someone walked away with the source code.

Lol dude any person can obtain the files to make their own server any time, so trusting someone over the source code is not the problem. The problem is that although acclaim and nlog are now defunct, no one currently using these files today legally owns them.

Everything needed to add all the suggestions already exists, but you need the original source code otherwise you can only make small changes here and there to what already is written. Why do you think we have all these ridiculous bugs that if abused are considered just as bad as hacking? Why do you think everything is always just a re-skin or levels always have the same entities.

The progress has been nice, but it's been explained many times so this community has to keep it 100 and be realistic with all these suggestions

Robocop7ant

June 23, 2015, 12:03:50 AM #23 Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 12:07:11 AM by Robocop7ant
Quote from: anaroy50 on June 22, 2015, 05:45:52 AM
Quote from: Robocop7ant on June 22, 2015, 03:18:58 AM
Why do we allways need New items, mars or lvl?

I suggested a exp wipe. Then it would be easier to make a xP x2 event and other events.

Rt3 set should be released, but if it's released..  People Will allways want more or less in-game.

u cant just throw all wut ppl work on for years.
wont be fair at all, u should know that, ur one of them. all the exp u got just gone?
r u srsly think about it? just make a new acc like blupatch said and ull have 0exp like u wanted T-T.
I worked 40-50mill exp for the most of the time this game was up, asked for a wipe when i had 24m exp Long time ago.
Now u can get 100m with in No time..

It isn't Even fun any more..  The only fun to log on..  Is to see your friends and talk in lobby.
Im not Even holding Utopia strong any more,cause i don't No life for gp.

What i ment with the wipe was to bring back the fun into the game, make it harder to become the lvls, but keep all the gp, items, Gigas and coins.

People would buy more stuff, and hopefully bring the prizes up again.
I have given away most of my own items that i worked hard for,  cause i wanted people to be more happy.
and someone have to make events in this game.

The time have changed, people doesn't look at a guild any more and say "That's a good guild,  watching over each other" cause i only know 1 person that can make it happen, and That's Yz/tricky.
(and the whole guild is friendly and help each other with whatever they need).

We do help in raid and such,  but what's the point.
Making goals like: rank 1-10 in player ranks,  1st rank in guild..

I'm maybe a bit in the past still, cause i have been here a Long time.. And i have seen this game change alot.

The best thing isn't always to add New gear/items, cause when you get it, you will 'suggest' that they add 'new' stuff.

Exp wipe would help us balance the game and use what we already got, and from that point, we can add some changes and New items :)
And maybe bring New members and old members to this game.

Start a New season with a exp wipe.

No one barrely plays the old mars or 172-239.

With the exp wipe, they can easly think about when they want to release Rt3 set.

-Robo
<br />

Bluepatchx

June 23, 2015, 01:12:18 AM #24 Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 01:18:03 AM by Bluepatchx
Quote from: onyx on June 22, 2015, 10:52:08 PM
Quote from: Bluepatchx on June 22, 2015, 08:48:00 PM
You need to find someone you trust. Because if you want someone to programme for this game, they must have full access to both your engine + your source code. And I am sure you can imagine what it would mean if someone walked away with the source code.

Lol dude any person can obtain the files to make their own server any time, so trusting someone over the source code is not the problem. The problem is that although acclaim and nlog are now defunct, no one currently using these files today legally owns them.

Everything needed to add all the suggestions already exists, but you need the original source code otherwise you can only make small changes here and there to what already is written. Why do you think we have all these ridiculous bugs that if abused are considered just as bad as hacking? Why do you think everything is always just a re-skin or levels always have the same entities.

The progress has been nice, but it's been explained many times so this community has to keep it 100 and be realistic with all these suggestions

I agree that the full source code was never fully received.

Also, there are parts of the current code not fully accessible. If it was so easy, I assure you there would be alot more servers popping up.

And exactly, you need the original source code (like I said earlier). It's apparent that there is no full access to it, even from the admins side. Also, just as I said in my earlier post, this is the reason for reskins of maps and items.

----------
[My post regarding why never-before seen models/levels are not here. FYI :) ]
Quote from: Bluepatchx on June 22, 2015, 12:49:59 AM
The biggest issue with new maps is finding out how to put it in game. Unfortunately, adding levels over all into the Bots system is not as simple as saying "hey! I want a new level *poof* haha. And unfortunately, Kenneth is extremely busy with other projects and real-life, and so heavy duty coding and programming may not occur. I believe if there was 100% understanding (and acquisition) on the Bots engine (and source code), levels would have been done so already. (But I believe this topic was discussed in a thread not to long ago :) )

Alternatively, re-skinning levels and rebalancing mob stats is always possible. There are a few levels which are 'big', but are medium in size, and only mid-ranged in difficulty (for lower levels). Levels including: Lake Virus Entrance (26), X Storage Deck (37), Fresh Air (149), are relatively large and I can see them becoming very well built, complicated, and more importantly challenging "higher levelled" sectors to be cleared. Re-skinning these levels could be a community thing, and we could collectively design this level. But yes, co-ordination and time will need to be laid out before such plans would begin. Also, I think BC at one point wanted to get a lore-based story going on, and unifying the sectors to each other more (introduction of the Gods, etc). I hope that this development concept returns haha - was a very interesting twist!

But as always, only suggestions and wild thoughts. :P

Thornz

As far as an exp wipe, that's a bad idea. Even more people would quit. I wouldn't be opposed to everyone's exp being lowered by a percentage tho. Like, quarter our current exp or smth, BUT ONLY IF YOU REBALANCE TOO. Otherwise it doesn't fix anything.

@Bubba, It has actually gotten more active. I been seeing a good average of 20 online, with 40-50 on weekends. Although, I'm not sure that it has anything to do with anything except the fact that it's summer and people are out of school, lol.

IGN: FM Thornz [Lv 270]
Quote from: cyc0828He destroy my guild
Not pants

Bubbabear

Quote from: Thornz on June 23, 2015, 04:05:05 AM
As far as an exp wipe, that's a bad idea. Even more people would quit. I wouldn't be opposed to everyone's exp being lowered by a percentage tho. Like, quarter our current exp or smth, BUT ONLY IF YOU REBALANCE TOO. Otherwise it doesn't fix anything.

@Bubba, It has actually gotten more active. I been seeing a good average of 20 online, with 40-50 on weekends. Although, I'm not sure that it has anything to do with anything except the fact that it's summer and people are out of school, lol.

I'd say Summer. People wouldn't quit if there was an exp wipe, because they enjoy the game, they'll be upset for a while but it's like an addition to some they just don't get enough and always come back even after the game's just rolling down hill

Robocop7ant

Quote from: Bubbabear on June 23, 2015, 11:49:05 AM
Quote from: Thornz on June 23, 2015, 04:05:05 AM

I'd say Summer. People wouldn't quit if there was an exp wipe, because they enjoy the game, they'll be upset for a while but it's like an addition to some they just don't get enough and always come back even after the game's just rolling down hill
Yeah cause of summer time, it's more in weekends cause some maybe still have work/school.

After the summer.. Maybe it go back to normal.
Depends on the timezone too..

Last weekend it was around 3 people on for a hour,  me and two others..

But staffs are bringing people on ;)
<br />

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-