April 20, 2024, 07:11:19 AMLatest Member: djatndyd34
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » GFX » GFX Logo -Need advice

GFX Logo -Need advice

Started by iCatchHacker, August 14, 2015, 03:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iCatchHacker

August 14, 2015, 03:56:39 PM Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 02:40:20 PM by iCatchHacker
Hey guys,

I started to make a logo for a brand I'm going to make for fun with my friends, see if it works out
After a while when people tell us (for example) where we have that tshirt from cuz it's nice, we would like start to sell them to friends and maybe later go bigger
Anyways I'm stuck with the logo, I finished the H and the U but I don't have inspiration atm so not sure what to do with the L and the U (last ones)
Does anyone have a good idea to finish it up nice as possible?
There's also going to be 2 logo's, the one I'm working on now and an other one, more like a symbol

GIve me some advice in the comments  :)

Old
(click to show/hide)

New
(click to show/hide)

Final

Quote from: antisickness
logo looks really good went from 0 to 100 nigguh real quick

| Redemption - Sympathy - Silence - Utopia - Rebels |
| ComeAtmeBRO - HK Noobs |

Bluepatchx

August 14, 2015, 11:28:30 PM #1 Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 11:36:27 PM by Bluepatchx
Quote from: iCatchHacker on August 14, 2015, 03:56:39 PM
Hey guys,
I started to make a logo for a brand I'm going to make for fun with my friends, see if it works out
After a while when people tell us (for example) where we have that tshirt from cuz it's nice, we would like start to sell them to friends and maybe later go bigger
Anyways I'm stuck with the logo, I finished the H and the U but I don't have inspiration atm so not sure what to do with the L and the U (last ones)
Does anyone have a good idea to finish it up nice as possible?
GIve me some advice in the comments  :)

(click to show/hide)
#heatersgonnahate

Quick question: Isn't "HULU" already a brand name? One that hosts U.S. TV shows/Movies?

Also, the L and the U can inherit the style of the H. The fin on the H is an interesting touch, but maybe add more primitive shapes together to make it more intricate. Put the fin on the last U (either on it's left or right), that way you can balance the image out a bit. Aligning the baseline (bottom of the letters) of the two U's might also be an idea. It'll give your eyes some repeating pattern to follow as you read the word. (If the imbalance of the U's right side seems out of place, stretch it up to match the height of the top of the H, that way you can maintain a happy balance in the Cap height (Top of the letters).

In terms of texturing the text, perhaps look at getting a brush that's a grid, and place it over the text? Give it an even more blocky. Adding lines below the text can also help emphasize certain parts and draw attention away from others. Maybe Three lines, each decreasing in legnth, but they stack up, forming a shield/wing like shape. (Really "out-there idea" , I know, but think in terms similar :) - you might just surprise yourself with what you'll get haha) Remember that the average person will read a logo and subconsciously try to follow some form of line.

Alternatively, depending on what direction you're taking the company, you could play around with the U floating off in the distance. adding background images/colour could help too. The U actually feels somewhat comfortable the way it is, but if you were going for a relatively serious business, then yeah, you'd have to keep the logo tight-knit.
- - - - - My portfolio: http://jsvanbreda.cynderian.com/ - - - - - 

antisickness

a logo represents and reflects what the company or groups motives are so you need to make it relevant to you

the font choice is important since it will depict what type of people you are - the blocky sans serif font is telling me you guys are brawn over brain type people

the detached "u" has to have a meaning too other wise it looks random

example of good logo:
(click to show/hide)
it uses a shield / eagle combination. both hold important values such as protection and strength/independance (relevant to a bank)
font choice (serif) shows they are serious and mean business
blue is a neutral colour - wide appeal

iCatchHacker

Thanks Bluepatchx & antisickness for the adivce,
About that there already exists a company named Hulu (I researched earlier) I know that, since we aren't going official (yet) we see no problem in not changing in, ofcours if it WOULD eventuelly work out we're planning to changing it unless we can keep it for some reason
Also what you guys said about the logo, it changhed alot it's more modern now and is NOT being used to put on the clothes, for that we'll design other, more atractive logo's.
As for now, the name to keep inside the clothing as a label to represent our ''company" will be the one I'm working on now.
I'll post a ss later on to keep you gentlemen updated.

I thank you both for replying on this post and giving me usefull advice, I could use it

Cooky

ya u should change the name asap

iCatchHacker

Quote from: Cooky on August 16, 2015, 02:47:07 PM
ya u should change the name asap
Borrow me you're incredible inspiration than  ::)

Cooky

nah  u pick the name its your company

but hulu is already a company. u need to change name there is no sense keeping it as hulu

iCatchHacker

Quote from: Cooky on August 16, 2015, 02:55:51 PM
nah  u pick the name
Aight, brainstorming atm going to pick a double name so I can combine 2 images, wich makes it to have a more interesting look as usual
Thanks for the help anyways cook  :D

iCatchHacker

August 16, 2015, 07:11:12 PM #8 Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 07:17:27 PM by iCatchHacker
*Updata*
Latest version:

(click to show/hide)

123bomb123

IGN: MisterZ

ZeaL - Rank 1 in antagonizing, just
because.

Rub me out like genies, won't concede til I'm graffiti
Quote from: Yz on January 14, 2012, 06:48:35 PM
mrz is like top 40 and would probly be like
"fuk yeh n00bs im god bow to god''

antisickness

Quote from: 123bomb123 on August 16, 2015, 07:24:25 PM
3/10

nigger u owe me gigas

logo looks really good went from 0 to 100 nigguh real quick. techno theme looks modern and sharp, just make sure shape distances are equal and you cut out edges properly

i like it  :)

Bluepatchx

Just be cautious when you're adding the extra detail. Putting too much emphasis on the edges can strain the viewers attention and make them not want to look at it. Anything that we have to work hard to understand, especially things such as symbols and signs, we tend to walk away from. Maybe drop the opacity of the highlights a bit, and separate the letters; beginning to feel overwhelming.

iCatchHacker

Quote from: antisickness on August 16, 2015, 10:21:55 PM
Quote from: 123bomb123 on August 16, 2015, 07:24:25 PM
3/10

nigger u owe me gigas

logo looks really good went from 0 to 100 nigguh real quick. techno theme looks modern and sharp, just make sure shape distances are equal and you cut out edges properly

i like it  :)

Thank you my man, I appreciate you're help  :D
@bombz bitch pls  ::)
@Bluepatchx It's more modern now, I tought the same thing so I'ma line everything a bit up like anti said, see what it's gonna be  :)

Bluepatchx

Quote from: iCatchHacker on August 17, 2015, 09:22:09 AM
@Bluepatchx It's more modern now, I tought the same thing so I'ma line everything a bit up like anti said, see what it's gonna be  :)

Okie; was just sharing general information from quite a few years of experience  ;)

Cooky

Quote from: Bluepatchx on August 16, 2015, 11:26:33 PM
Anything that we have to work hard to understand, especially things such as symbols and signs, we tend to walk away from. Maybe drop the opacity of the highlights a bit, and separate the letters; beginning to feel overwhelming.

antisickness

actually thats incorrect. barthes theory of enigmas (1977) suggests that people get drawn in to mysterious or puzzling advertisements in order to solve them

Bluepatchx

August 17, 2015, 11:14:45 AM #16 Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 11:30:44 AM by Bluepatchx
Quote from: antisickness on August 17, 2015, 11:04:15 AM
actually thats incorrect. barthes theory of enigmas (1977) suggests that people get drawn in to mysterious or puzzling advertisements in order to solve them

In anything but logo/representative images, sure. The entire purpose of a logo for a company and/or brand is to be quickly recognised, and not be overwhelmed/flustered when viewing it. There's a difference between being puzzled and taken-aback by how 'busy' the image is.

If it were an advertisement which had the intent to promote ideas of inquisition or 'discovery', then yeah, puzzlement is great. But otherwise you are working against design principles of a logo.

Also I'd like to see a reference source for your claim. Barthes Enigma code theory was to do with dissection of story-like knowledge and how we gain access to it. It highlights possible ways of deriving meanings and interpretations of text and or other visual stimulus...

iCatchHacker

It's obvious that anti looks at it the way I do it, like that.
Bluepatchx & Cooky, I understand the logo isn't that clear, I see / know that myself too.
When I started with the logo ( as you can see in the topic ) it was so clear, too clear.
That's why I kept working on it and this is (almost) what the ending looks like.

I mentioned that this wasn't going to be the official logo for the brand but to represent it inside the clothes OR use it online, just to have something different than all the others,
I said that I was going to make 2 logo's, the one I'm almost finished at and the other one I still need to make.
The second one is going to be more clear but totally different, making it not only a logo anymore but also a symbol
(click to show/hide)
Like 2 letters combined with some details and stuff, put into a black color (or any other...)
So people can see and say: ow shit is that hulu?
Hope this made it clear out  (+/-) 

Bluepatchx

Quote from: iCatchHacker on August 17, 2015, 11:37:24 AM

but to represent it inside the clothes OR use it online, just to have something different than all the others,

Thus an image with the intention of representing something, not advertising it like a story/a physical advertisement.
I am honestly just speaking from 6+ years of working in the industry. Either way, it's your image in the end. I won't say anymore  ;)

iCatchHacker

Quote from: Bluepatchx on August 17, 2015, 11:43:20 AM
Quote from: iCatchHacker on August 17, 2015, 11:37:24 AM

but to represent it inside the clothes OR use it online, just to have something different than all the others,

Thus an image with the intention of representing something, not advertising it like a story/a physical advertisement.
I am honestly just speaking from 6+ years of working in the industry. Either way, it's your image in the end. I won't say anymore  ;)

You can give all the advice you want, wether it's negative or postive It always helps
I'm just trying to say that this isn't going to represent the company since it's just for fun, not official
Even if it was, it still wouldn't

antisickness

Quote from: Bluepatchx on August 17, 2015, 11:14:45 AM
Quote from: antisickness on August 17, 2015, 11:04:15 AM

In anything but logo/representative images, sure. The entire purpose of a logo for a company and/or brand is to be quickly recognised, and not be overwhelmed/flustered when viewing it. There's a difference between being puzzled and taken-aback by how 'busy' the image is.

If it were an advertisement which had the intent to promote ideas of inquisition or 'discovery', then yeah, puzzlement is great. But otherwise you are working against design principles of a logo.

Also I'd like to see a reference source for your claim. Barthes Enigma code theory was to do with dissection of story-like knowledge and how we gain access to it. It highlights possible ways of deriving meanings and interpretations of text and or other visual stimulus...

dont have a source for it since its buried somewhere, i just remember using specific theories such has his in order to make media products, which include logos, which i then had to write up on. you seem to know a lot about theories though  :)

Cooky

i think it looks bad  u cant tell what it says

iCatchHacker

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-