May 02, 2024, 07:58:38 AMLatest Member: mori
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » General Discussion » How would the original BOTS look now

How would the original BOTS look now

Started by Killer454, October 14, 2015, 06:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Killer454

What if Acclaim didn't shut down, and BOTS was really popular ?

Allie

I think the correct question would be if N-Log didn't shut down, because Acclaim wouldn't have lasted long as they couldn't edit anything.

However, I can say that it might still be alive if they didn't, unlikely though. They had a lot of cool things planned before they shut down.

Pokeh

I would've thought about buying an xbox just for their console game ;_;

Meteor

Quote from: Pokeh on October 14, 2015, 07:04:22 PM
I would've thought about buying an xbox just for their console game ;_;
This so much.

(click to show/hide)

Zunethran

November 01, 2015, 07:59:01 AM #4 Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 08:06:51 AM by Zunethran
In all honesty, I highly doubt Acclaim would keep a game like BOTS alive for too long, the main reason being limited like there's no tomorrow(yes, I'm talking about the lack of the source code), and the fact they were vulnerable to small but critical vulnerabilities, I'm only talking about the login part, where people could easily get anyone's account by simple packet editing. There were much more vulnerabilities in the server they hosted.

If Acclaim somehow did live on, they would have to cope with constant complaints, as we all know, Acclaim didn't give a damn about their players. Acclaim would turn into a hacking playground. (I'm talking about Acclaim in general, BOTS isn't the only game where this occurred, but also seeing that BOTS was Acclaim's main focus, I'm bringing up Acclaim.)

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-