March 29, 2024, 02:50:00 AMLatest Member: EthanJvq1
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » General Discussion » Concept : Guild Wipe #2, we need your inputs.

Concept : Guild Wipe #2, we need your inputs.

Started by Yz, November 04, 2015, 09:13:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guild Wipe or No Guild Wipe?

Guild Wipe
117 (52%)
Don't Guild Wipe
108 (48%)

Total Members Voted: 225

emotionless

November 05, 2015, 03:05:26 AM #45 Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 03:08:35 AM by Allie
Quote from: z0co2 on November 04, 2015, 11:28:10 AM
I would say 15 members is better.

Bubbabear

Telling people to be more active or "just go play then" isn't going to work. Majority of people like to have incentive to play, as-well as a challenge and the fun of others to play with.

With the huge gap like Tricky recently mentioned, even i couldn't be bothered since mainly all active players are in set top 10 guilds, well top 5 pretty much now. Some people like wipes in games as it gives them the fresh start, feel like a new page has turned. I for one, wouldn't play as much before a wipe, but if one was to happen again i would come back and play more unless of-course it failed miserably.

On to the point of guilds.... most guild events, guilds lead to players not playing with other non-guild members or just people without guilds which in my perspective isn't good. A balance of guild points should be based on kills a player gets x the mob level/sector level / time taken to complete or something. So every player has to earn their guild-points anyone leeching with no kills will only gain exp. Not that this would help with people not playing together, i'm not sure what to suggest on bringing more players together again but in the couple years i've played i have just seen more and more locked, closed, password protected rooms and people just playing solo and or just in a small guild group.
"Time Heals Almost Everything, Give The Time, Some Time"
IGN: LordBubba / Bubbabear ^^

Quote"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

Godz

I voted yes aswell but not now.

Just like other already stated the game itself need to get re worked if you want to put all the chances in your hands.I could go on and write down my suggestions but I don't see the point if you guys are only looking for an easy way out.

Robocop7ant

A guild whipe is a easy way out, and could bring back few players for couple of months, but what's gonna happen when a guild get a big gap of lead, and people go inactive again?
<br />

lara538

Quote from: Bubbabear on November 05, 2015, 04:17:20 AM

On to the point of guilds.... most guild events, guilds lead to players not playing with other non-guild members or just people without guilds which in my perspective isn't good.  i'm not sure what to suggest on bringing more players together again but in the couple years i've played i have just seen more and more locked, closed, password protected rooms and people just playing solo and or just in a small guild group.

So true. Guild wipe would only revitalize sector what wouldnt promote much integration between players, and that is not healthy for the game. And a revitalization with a expiration date, maybe even a short one.
That's why i suggested a revitalization also in pvp and bvb. It would attract more old players and maybe even new players that never played it due to it enormous inactivity will like the "new" game modes.Thinking as a new player i dont think i would see much stimulus to play the game after reaching max lvl as the game is now, but pvp and bvb could help to change this. PvP and BvB also have plenty more room for integration than sector what would put the game in a more healthy state and extend pretty much its expiration date. Ways to revitalize? I suggested one in my first post but there should be more.
Thanks ang and spidey for the sigs! :3

(click to show/hide)

Yz

We're not just trying to have an easy revitalization, we're trying to give the game a kickstart so we can start making real changes with a playerbase to actually work with.
DISCORD killyzkill

Allie

Quote from: Yz on November 05, 2015, 07:45:00 PM
We're not just trying to have an easy revitalization, we're trying to give the game a kickstart so we can start making real changes with a playerbase to actually work with.

To expand on this, considering this an easy way out is simply being stubborn. BC currently faces many problems, and one of them is guild stagnation with lack of competition.
This is not an easy fix-the-game button. This is a solution to one of many problems. Once this one is addressed, others can in the following months.

RAUDOG

Quote from: Robocop7ant on November 05, 2015, 12:11:04 PM
A guild whipe is a easy way out, and could bring back few players for couple of months, but what's gonna happen when a guild get a big gap of lead, and people go inactive again?
YOU ROBO KNOWS AS WELL AS I DO HEHE, A VERY EASY WAY OUT TOO, IT'S NOT GOING TO WORK AS YOU ALL THINK, HELL IT'S DYING DAILY AND A WIPE WON'T SOLVE A DAM THING, AS I STATED ALLIE, TRICKY AND ALL OF YOU STAFF MEMBERS GET OUT THERE INGAME, HELL ALLIE MAKE A ROOM IT WILL BE FILLED IN 2 SECONDS, AND THE REST OF YOU FOLLOW SUIT MORE AND MORE WILL PLAY, OG'S WILL RETURN AND EVERYTHING BUT, YOU ARE ALL TIRED ASS HELL OF THIS GAME FACE IT, AND STOP TAKING THE EASY WAY OUT AS ROBO SAYS, WON'T SOLVE SHITSSSSSNETTT.

Encorith

Heh, some of you guys just never learn.

A guild wipe would only solve the one problem that is guild stagnation, but only temporarily. The fact that you guys are even considering a second guild wipe proves this in that it means that the first one was ultimately ineffective. Repeating history isn't going to solve anything.

You will need to completely revamp the guild system if you want to prevent guild stagnation. Heck, if you're looking to increase your playerbase, you'll need to revamp the entire game. Where the hell are the updates?

I would give you tips but I feel that they are beyond your capabilities and that they will fall on deaf ears, as they have in the past. I'm also too lazy to do so at this point.

Have fun debating amongst yourselves. But we all know that they're just going to do what they want to anyway...

shadowrealm2

Was just readying about this. I personally would probs come back and play again. I think this would make the game more fun and maybe if u lower the amount of guild points u get per game they it would be harder to obtain higher ranks. I like the idea and to the people who say no, you probs haven't played when guilds were actually relevant. - Speedy.

Yz

November 06, 2015, 02:30:09 AM #55 Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 03:06:20 AM by Yz
Quote from: Encorith on November 06, 2015, 01:53:40 AM
Heh, some of you guys just never learn.

A guild wipe would only solve the one problem that is guild stagnation, but only temporarily. The fact that you guys are even considering a second guild wipe proves this in that it means that the first one was ultimately ineffective. Repeating history isn't going to solve anything.

You will need to completely revamp the guild system if you want to prevent guild stagnation. Heck, if you're looking to increase your playerbase, you'll need to revamp the entire game. Where the hell are the updates?

I would give you tips but I feel that they are beyond your capabilities and that they will fall on deaf ears, as they have in the past. I'm also too lazy to do so at this point.

Have fun debating amongst yourselves. But we all know that they're just going to do what they want to anyway...

Maybe.. just maybe..

the last guild wipe worked, but the game died out from other unforeseen events? Does the name Dannii ring a bell?

You guys like to condescend with some of your all knowing posts, but there's really logical reason for everything that's gone down. We don't just want to quick fix every 3 years and leave it at that..'

.. regardless, there's tonnes of other things we haven't done which would have been very beneficial for the game because the playerbase voted against it. Why would we just do what we want, if we could lose all sources of income from losing ten players...?

By the way, we know the votes were rigged by someone on multiple accounts. "For guild wipe" has been voted for by a landslide.
DISCORD killyzkill

Enciroth

Quote from: Yz on November 06, 2015, 02:30:09 AM
Maybe.. just maybe..

the last guild wipe worked, but the game died out from other unforeseen events? Does the name Dannii ring a bell?

You guys like to condescend with some of your all knowing posts, but there's really logical reason for everything that's gone down. We don't just want to quick fix every 3 years and leave it at that..'

.. regardless, there's tonnes of other things we haven't done which would have been very beneficial for the game because the playerbase voted against it. Why would we just do what we want, if we could lose all sources of income from losing ten players...?

Old friend, let's face the facts. The original intention of the first guild wipe was to end guild stagnation wasn't it? We decreased the amount of players a guild could have and made it harder to get GPs. And now we have guild stagnation again anyway. That means the guild wipe ultimately failed to do what it was meant to do.

Now you want to do the same thing again: delete all guilds, reward top guilds, and decrease max players per guild. It's the exactly the same as before, and it's not going to work in the long term. Unless you completely change the guild system (and the nature of the game itself), there will always be the few with no lives who get to the top. And this applies to a lot of games really, not just BC.

And my post is only condescending if you interpret it that way. Don't take anything I write *too* seriously as I like to joke a lot.

Yz

I like how you rephrased what you said earlier, made it a lot easier to understand, however I still disagree personally. In my opinion, guilds would be healthy if the game didn't die off from the Dannii issue because there would be way more people still playing. There really isn't another way guilds can become competitive again with the current GP board.

It would also be hard to rework GP without wiping the board, imo.
DISCORD killyzkill

Enciroth

Quote from: Yz on November 06, 2015, 03:25:33 AM
I like how you rephrased what you said earlier, made it a lot easier to understand, however I still disagree personally. In my opinion, guilds would be healthy if the game didn't die off from the Dannii issue because there would be way more people still playing. There really isn't another way guilds can become competitive again with the current GP board.

It would also be hard to rework GP without wiping the board, imo.

Yes, all I'm saying is that if you do another guild wipe you should completely rework the guild system and eventually revamp/improve the game in its entirety. Don't simply do the same thing as the first guild wipe because it just won't work in the long term. The guild system won't be healthy if a few no-lifers always end up at the top leaving everyone else to stagnate.

And to clarify further: I'm not saying yes or no to this guild wipe.

Yz

Don't worry, I have a few ideas in mind to keep it from stagnating again.
DISCORD killyzkill

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-