April 27, 2024, 02:38:46 PMLatest Member: fsglgsll
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » Tips and Guides » [Tutorial] Using gamepad/joystick.

[Tutorial] Using gamepad/joystick.

Started by ZeroUH, December 29, 2010, 08:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZeroUH

Hi ladies and gentlemen. For those who hate play on keyboard, I`ll teach you how to use your gamepad/joystick on BoutCheetah.

1st step: Download JoyToKey software.
JoyToKey will emulate your keyboard on your gamepad, that`s why you will be able to use it since BoutCheetah doesn`t have an input for gamepads (Not that I know...).
You can download it here: http://www.ac.auone-net.jp/~jtk/joytokey/JoyToKey_en.zip
Just unzip it and run on admin mode* (I don`t know why but it only works for me on admin mode).
*Vista and Win 7 users

2nd step: Setting the keys.
On the left side, there are your "Configurations". You can save diferent configs for diferent games instead of always reconfig one.
On the right side, you are able to see the gamepad`s button and the respective assigned keyboard`s key.

Double click on any button. This screen should appear.

Put the correspondent key, like Left on gamepad, arrow-left on keyboard. You are able to set up to 3 keys on the same button, very good for setting skills. After set all keys, press ok. Repeat this step for all commands.
If you don`t know wich button is 1, 2, 3 on your gamepad, go on "configuration" on the top of JoyToKey window then "Calibrate joystick propety". You will be able to see your gamepad/joystick buttons there.

After config your gamepad, minimize JoyToKey then start BoutCheetah. Done! Now you can enjoy the game with your gamepad, wich for me it`s better than play with keyboard. xD

I hope this tutorial helps every1 and sorry for any grammar issues. My english isn`t that good =x

Pokeh

Insaniity

ZeroUH

grant746

eco999

how do you connect a wiimote to ur comp?

x3GlikE

zepher2211

Powersurge
Headstrong

firejetsam

or you could use XPadder (download from cnet or you won't get the free version)

Corr

You still use the joystick? Oh my god you freaking geezer.

ZeaL - Rank 1 Hax, just because
I do it for the lulz.

ZeroUH

Quote from: Corr on January 30, 2011, 01:45:03 PM
You still use the joystick? Oh my god you freaking geezer.
Yes... And with that steering wheel which you saw too....AHUEAHEUHAEUHEEHHUEHUAEUHAEHUAEUHAEHUEAUHAEUHAEHUEAU!!!

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-