March 28, 2024, 05:50:13 PMLatest Member: manao99
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » General Discussion » Revive Boutcheetah!

Revive Boutcheetah!

Started by Ug0tpk3d, July 23, 2016, 12:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ug0tpk3d

July 23, 2016, 12:49:05 PM Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 12:52:45 PM by Ug0tpk3d
Why not start an advertising campaign for Boutcheetah on Facebook, it's around £5 for 2000 views.
On-top of that you could start a YouTube channel to advertise further.
TBH I think that the whole aspect of Boutcheetah could do with a modernization, the websites a bit dull and so are the logon/loading screens, it all needs a beautiful revamp.
Could we revive this game please.

Cooky

too late for that. maybe back when it was in its prime there would have been a chance for the game to grow but now adays even if u get someone on facebook/youtube to check out the game they gonna see its dead and move on to something else. I've poked my head in the lobby a few times in the last month and everytime there has been barely anyone online. and not a single staff member.

Madprox

Quote from: Cooky on July 23, 2016, 08:37:39 PM
too late for that. maybe back when it was in its prime there would have been a chance for the game to grow but now adays even if u get someone on facebook/youtube to check out the game they gonna see its dead and move on to something else. I've poked my head in the lobby a few times in the last month and everytime there has been barely anyone online. and not a single staff member.
You poked at the wrong times, we've had an events recently with 30+ players online for hours continuously, for a couple weeks. :)
Ofcourse, timezones are a big thing in small communities :c

IGN: GM Max | Level: 270 | Guild: Utopia

Bluepatchx

July 23, 2016, 10:10:07 PM #3 Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 10:14:46 PM by Bluepatchx
I've poked my head in the lobby a few times in the last month and everytime there has been barely anyone online. and not a single staff member.

I'm really not sure when you've logged in then, because for the past 5 months and more, I"ve been actively on. And as max said, we've just had a major event.
- - - - - My portfolio: http://jsvanbreda.cynderian.com/ - - - - - 

Cooky

if major events now adays only bring 30+ people online then that just proves my point

wish  we had the same amount of players as the old days

Bluepatchx

July 24, 2016, 12:46:14 PM #5 Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 02:17:37 PM by Bluepatchx
Quote from: Cooky on July 24, 2016, 10:36:25 AM
if major events now adays only bring 30+ people online then that just proves my point

wish  we had the same amount of players as the old days

~50+, actually. It's not a huge amount, no. But this also isn't a triple A title either.

Fortunately, there are Admins and GM's still about and playing. Also, it's significantly hard to get this game in any better shape than what we have. It's running off a old source code that is rigid and isn't open to mass change. This game is aged and unless something is made entirely from scratch, no major "world-changing" updates can occur.
- - - - - My portfolio: http://jsvanbreda.cynderian.com/ - - - - - 

Cooky

I don't disagree with anything you've said - but I don't think anything you've said really refutes my original point that something like facebook advertising would have been more effective back when the game was at its peak

Ug0tpk3d

July 25, 2016, 09:31:36 AM #7 Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 09:48:29 AM by Ug0tpk3d
Tbh even if the game is old and doesn't have updates, it can still bring players.
Just get in contact with a YouTuber and walla, you got yourself a fresh income.
Then we have to KEEP the players on, create bonds between players to make them start running the game on their OWN.
By running the game on their 'own', I mean creating gatherings and events with eachother.
ALSO YOU NEED A SYSTEM TO TURN GIGAS TO COINS!!!!

z0co2

July 25, 2016, 10:31:38 AM #8 Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 10:33:43 AM by z0co2

It's never to late.

Quote from: Ug0tpk3d on July 25, 2016, 09:31:36 AM
Tbh even if the game is old and doesn't have updates, it can still bring players.
Just get in contact with a YouTuber and walla, you got yourself a fresh income.
Then we have to KEEP the players on, create bonds between players to make them start running the game on their OWN.
By running the game on their 'own', I mean creating gatherings and events with eachother.
ALSO YOU NEED A SYSTEM TO TURN GIGAS TO COINS!!!!

I don't think a system to turn gigas in coins would be neccesary it's pretty easy to obtain coins.

eco999

I would play if Transformation Coupons, Kowbat and Chernobyl could be bought from in-game shop

Ug0tpk3d

Quote from: eco999 on July 29, 2016, 05:06:29 AM
I would play if Transformation Coupons, Kowbat and Chernobyl could be bought from in-game shop

yep, they used to be

Robocop7ant

The old days was the best days of this game,  many have quit/left and some re-joins sometimes.

New players would be good, and increase the playerbase,  but i don't think a Facebook site or YouTube Chanel can change much.

<br />

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-