April 30, 2024, 08:58:16 PMLatest Member: rtaletmxno
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » Oh King...

Oh King...

Started by Optimism, January 01, 2011, 02:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xrow

No.
YOU re-read.
I'm done with this debate.

Optimism

Quote from: Xrow on January 02, 2011, 02:02:10 AM
No.
YOU re-read.

lol. I've re-read. I understand your point of view, but it is incorrect. If you don't understand it from how I am trying to convey the concept to yourself, then consult an external source.
- Opti -
- Sanctuary Founder | PvP King -
- Retired -

GavinGill

January 03, 2011, 06:29:31 PM #47 Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 12:21:50 AM by GavinGill
An omni-benevolent god as described in the Abrahamic religions wouldn't care if an individual believed in Him or not; therefore, no one would be sent to Hell simply because they didn't beleive in God's existence. Furthermore, an omni-benevolent god wouldn't allow Hell to even exist. You can't refute that, Xrow.

I acknowledge the possibility of a higher power but I doubt it, assuming it exists, exerts any sort of omniscient influence on our world. If it did, it wouldn't allow atrocities to occur. If anything, God is a force indifferent to the plight of the many and the existence of the few. And I'm ok with that.

"You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is
done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."

AllEyesOnMe

erm Xrow, the fact that God DOESN`T force you eat a coockie DOESN`T mean he DOESN`t know whether you gonna eat it or not  ;D

Yz

Hey guys, if God can do anything, can he bake a potatoe so hot that he can't eat it?
DISCORD killyzkill

Xrow

January 04, 2011, 12:19:00 AM #50 Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 12:20:52 AM by Xrow
Quote from: GavinGill on January 03, 2011, 06:29:31 PM
An omni-benevolent god as described in the Abrahamic religions wouldn't care if an individual believed in Him or not therefore, no one would be sent to Hell simply because they didn't beleive in God's existence. Furthermore, an omni-benevolent god wouldn't allow Hell to exist. You can't refute that Xrow.

I acknowledge the possibility of a higher power but I doubt it, assuming it exists, exerts any sort of omniscient influence on our world. If it did, it wouldn't allow atrocities to occur. If anything, God is a force indifferent to the plight of many and the existence of the few. And I'm ok with that.

Of course I can.
There is no reason to believe that the God of Christianity is all-good (omni-benevolent); maybe he is all-just instead. Therefore if a person chooses (free will) to deny Him, it is only just for that person to suffer the consequences of his or her own decision.
Gavin, you are judging God by human standards. Just because Joseph Stalin didn't care about the individual doesn't mean God doesn't as well. If God is all-just, they can He not be all-caring as well?

If you judge God by human standards (taking into consideration murder, rape, theft, ect.) then of course He will fall short, just as all humans do.

GavinGill

If all-just = all-caring (ie. omni-benevolent) then he is not all-just simply because an all-caring God wouldn't banish an individual to Hell just because that individual didn't beleive in Him/Her/It. Shit, an all-caring higher power wouldn't allow Hell to exist.

Anyways, it doesn't really matter to me. If God doesn't exist then oh well, I'll be too dead to (be able to) care about an afterlife. If God does exist, I have nothing to worry about since I know I've lived a good life. One's faith in God shouldn't matter in the grand scheme of things as long as they don't live a life of what would constitute as sin.

Probably my last post in this thread. Like last time, I doubt we'll get anywhere with this discussion.

"You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is
done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."

Xrow

Quote from: GavinGill on January 04, 2011, 06:30:36 PM
If all-just = all-caring (ie. omni-benevolent) then he is not all-just simply because an all-caring God wouldn't banish an individual to Hell just because that individual didn't beleive in Him/Her/It. Shit, an all-caring higher power wouldn't allow Hell to exist.

Anyways, it doesn't really matter to me. If God doesn't exist then oh well, I'll be too dead to (be able to) care about an afterlife. If God does exist, I have nothing to worry about since I know I've lived a good life. One's faith in God shouldn't matter in the grand scheme of things as long as they don't live a life of what would constitute as sin.

Probably my last post in this thread. Like last time, I doubt we'll get anywhere with this discussion.

I did not say He IS all-caring, I asked if He COULD be. Of course all-just ≠ all-caring, that is an absurd and fallacious assumption.

I could even go so far as to argue that an all-caring God WOULD allow hell, because just punishment for wrongdoings is quite caring. A parent who punishes their children for disobeying is seen as a caring, intelligent and generally good parent. Within the United States legal system, if a person commits a murder, they are quite justly condemned to jail for life.

On the flip side, if God allowed those who deny Him in favor of another opposing belief into Heaven, could He really be seen as caring and good by those who followed Him and entered Heaven justly and fairly? I could give many minor examples of this, but I am sure you can think of some for yourself.

Rossbach

Quote from: Xrow on January 04, 2011, 08:54:35 PM
I did not say He IS all-caring, I asked if He COULD be. Of course all-just ≠ all-caring, that is an absurd and fallacious assumption.

I could even go so far as to argue that an all-caring God WOULD allow hell, because just punishment for wrongdoings is quite caring. A parent who punishes their children for disobeying is seen as a caring, intelligent and generally good parent. Within the United States legal system, if a person commits a murder, they are quite justly condemned to jail for life.

On the flip side, if God allowed those who deny Him in favor of another opposing belief into Heaven, could He really be seen as caring and good by those who followed Him and entered Heaven justly and fairly? I could give many minor examples of this, but I am sure you can think of some for yourself.

Quote from: Xrow on January 02, 2011, 02:02:10 AM
No.
YOU re-read.

Shoo.

Omnomnom eating toast.

Optimism

You are so ****ing stupid its unbelievable. If I had time, I would wall-of-text your ass into oblivion; however, I don't.
- Opti -
- Sanctuary Founder | PvP King -
- Retired -

Allie

Quote from: Optimism on January 04, 2011, 10:49:23 PM
You are so ****ing stupid its unbelievable. If I had time, I would wall-of-text your ass into oblivion; however, I don't.

Because god is on Xrow's side, thus you can't have time because Xrow believes in god, therefore it's impossible for him to be wall-of-texted into oblivion, which he would if you did.

Yz

He still can't bake anything so hot he can't eat it.
DISCORD killyzkill

Xrow

Quote from: Optimism on January 04, 2011, 10:49:23 PM

/care

Quote from: Allie on January 04, 2011, 10:54:23 PM
Because god is on Xrow's side, thus you can't have time because Xrow believes in god, therefore it's impossible for him to be wall-of-texted into oblivion, which he would if you did.

1. You are paralyzingly dense.
2. If there is only one possible future as there is no free will, then Opti never really had the chance to wall-of-text me in the first place, now did he? And because this is the only reality and future, there must have been some reason for it to have happened, as there is a reason for everything, is there not? Now, because there is a reason (because there is a reason for everything) for Opti's inability to waste his time posting a wall of text that none of us would read, and because the current most obvious cause of this inability is that God has intervened in the life of Opti, this must be the cause. This means that a. I was correct; there is free will, and Opti has chosen to spend his time on other inventions, or b. Opti has become a bitch to his own foolish theory.

Gg, Allie.
>_>

Quote from: Tricky on January 04, 2011, 11:10:37 PM
He still can't bake anything so hot he can't eat it.

He is fine, He cooks food on His 12 pack.

Allie

Re-read my post pls.
My post didn't ask for a reply, it was saying since you believe in god, and since believers of god live forever, the reason Opti didn't have time to wall-of-text you into oblivion was because god didn't allow him to have time because if he did have time you wouldn't live forever because you'd be wall-of-texted into oblivion, which, naturally, Opti didn't have the free will to do, unfortunately.
You see, yes?

Xrow

I was using your retardness to pwn Opti.
But thats okay, you'll learn.

And if Opti didn't have the free will to wall-of-text me, then why the **** did he choose not to wall-of-text me?
/facepalm

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-