March 29, 2024, 12:32:28 PMLatest Member: GloriaImami
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » A reason to check the forum

A reason to check the forum

Started by mo9, April 29, 2017, 08:33:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yz

Quote from: qolderman on May 19, 2017, 06:38:25 AM
Quote from: Yz on May 18, 2017, 09:56:24 PM
^ that's actually so messed up. had dannii not happened and allie stayed motivated, this game would probly still be runnin' okay with us ****head addicts keepin' it afloat
which dannii? danniieeooo or some shet? he/she was a total bitch tbh

no other dannii, yeah she was ****ed, big part of everythin goin to shit
DISCORD killyzkill

Caspian

But still you cant keep blame one person that have not been active for ages forever !!!

There are other factors which played a bigger part than this ancient history (danniii)

I do agree on that its sad what have happened the past few months that lead to where we are today.

Though its sad if what have happened its all because of what Dannii did. People need to learn to move forwards instead of backwards !!

Just my humble Opinion :)
Dedicated BOTS player

Member and guild leader of Elysium.

hawk5005

Quote from: Caspian on May 19, 2017, 12:15:39 PM
There are other factors which played a bigger part than this ancient history (danniii)
Yes but that's certainly the major reason.
Many people quit during the iron-fist reign and the rest quit during the after-math when everyone important seemed to have disappeared.

People need to learn to move forwards instead of backwards !!
That's true, and a very good advice. Unfortunately some took it too well and moved on from the game entirely.

It's a continuous cycle. Get on the forums -> check the online list -> see there's not many people online -> leave. Rinse and repeat a couple days later.
If everyone lurking about would get online and play then that would attract even more people. But that's just impossible.

The incident made most of us take a break from our daily game and gave us a sense of disdain towards it. And it was just enough to make us grow out of it. The only reason to check the forums and the game nowadays is for a sense of nostalgia. But nostalgia is just nostalgia, and you don't get nostalgia over a game you regularly play, so the "come-backs" happen once in a blue moon.
Then again another major role played our age, most of the people that played the game back in the day now have busy lives and no time for a game like this.

This has been debated and re-debated over and over, maybe the incident wasn't the only cause, but it was certainly a big turning point for BC.

Caspian

Quote from: hawk5005 on May 19, 2017, 03:16:03 PM
Yes but that's certainly the major reason.
Many people quit during the iron-fist reign and the rest quit during the after-math when everyone important seemed to have disappeared.

People need to learn to move forwards instead of backwards !!
That's true, and a very good advice. Unfortunately some took it too well and moved on from the game entirely.

It's a continuous cycle. Get on the forums -> check the online list -> see there's not many people online -> leave. Rinse and repeat a couple days later.
If everyone lurking about would get online and play then that would attract even more people. But that's just impossible.

The incident made most of us take a break from our daily game and gave us a sense of disdain towards it. And it was just enough to make us grow out of it. The only reason to check the forums and the game nowadays is for a sense of nostalgia. But nostalgia is just nostalgia, and you don't get nostalgia over a game you regularly play, so the "come-backs" happen once in a blue moon.
Then again another major role played our age, most of the people that played the game back in the day now have busy lives and no time for a game like this.

This has been debated and re-debated over and over, maybe the incident wasn't the only cause, but it was certainly a big turning point for BC.

Well I cant argue against your logic to be honest.

I think what i am trying to say is that its sad that one person/player can have such a huge negative impact on ZG. Its just a disappointment for me that that "iron-fist" reign had that out come.

But also i just think its sad that ppl keep rewarding dannii this achivement. I agree upon the fact that Danniii may started the very subsidence that made ZG fall apart the way it did. However i will NOT say that she was the maine engine behind it.

The creators also have a huge say in how all this turned out. But i have the utter most respect for them btw. Not to talk them down in any way !!

Just my view really and i must say your own hypothesis Hawk is very good ! It may very well be true how you describe it.

Dedicated BOTS player

Member and guild leader of Elysium.

Rossbach

May 19, 2017, 08:53:06 PM #34 Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 09:15:48 PM by Rossbach
Mostly speculation (inb4 allies nonono), but Allie and Kenny were not doing so well before Danub but they stuck together and the game was generally at a stalemate. Once Danub came it escalated the problem and broke the weak foundation. Kenny fked the game over and the members left/ made a bad mark. Thanks to this Kenny's relationship with the BC members was mixed and filled with disdain. Kenny left, and people disliked the way bc has become. Finally Allie left and the game has become irreparable. So, overall Danub was the catalyst and the climax to BC. Overall she alone did not do this, but she had the biggest and main reason for the current state. However, even without her BC may have fallen to this point over time. Depending on how long and how much effort Kenny would have made towards BC. At one point they were willing to make this their full time job. Shame really. All Kenny needed was some positive motivation. He was probably the most active hes ever been during the early stages of the Danub fiasco thanks to her. Bad sadly it was negative and broke him.

At least she got what she wanted. Attention.

Omnomnom eating toast.

coolkaran100

Banned for halo push pro.

Yz

ross said it all rly, 'course it was probz gonna end up like dis anywayz but ye
DISCORD killyzkill

Allie55

May 20, 2017, 01:14:48 AM #37 Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 11:58:55 PM by Allie55
Quote from: Rossbach on May 19, 2017, 08:53:06 PM(inb4 allies nonono)

nonono

ultimately, i see a lot of speculation in this thread, so I should probably make it as clear as i possibly can
in 2013, zg was still going strong and we had a lot of plans. we were working on the faction update slowly but surely which was definitively planned to completely change the game. kenny moved in with me for awhile and over time decided he wasn't ready to move forward with our irl plans and backed out back to live with his parents. this didn't particularly cause all our problems, but it is definitely the start of what came.

a few months later, it-who-shall-not-be-named took advantage of him, and skipping all the details, the long result of the occurrence was that, in the games best interest, I was forced to draw lines between me and kenny because he was (due to you-know-who) making horrible decisions that hurt the game. in the end, after it was all over, kenny apologized but we never really got close again. because we weren't really good friends anymore, he lost interest in the game and over time distanced himself from zg, and ultimately, myself.

come a couple years later, and unfortunately our talking has went from once every few days, to once every couple weeks, to not once since halfway through last year. he is no longer interested in BC, and primarily only keeps it up because it's self-sustaining with very minimal upkeep. I no longer have administrative abilities and he is no longer willing to work with me, so due to simple inability, not lack of motivation was I forced to leave. I (and the great staff that stayed loyal to me over the years) was keeping things floating for atleast a year, maybe a year and a half without him updating anything, but now there's simply nothing I can do. It's an unfortunate end, considering I tried, one more time, last month with an essay stating my plans to rebuild (I still had hope that I could have made us float again), but he isn't having any of it.

in summary tl;dr, while it seems like she couldn't have had a company-ending impact, you must remember that it isn't her abuse that caused this, but the resulting divide in administration.

Bluepatchx

May 20, 2017, 02:34:03 AM #38 Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 02:59:08 AM by Bluepatchx
I've been helping too, in the last year and a half.
- - - - - My portfolio: http://jsvanbreda.cynderian.com/ - - - - - 

Rossbach

Quote from: Allie55 on May 20, 2017, 01:14:48 AM
I no longer have administrative abilities and he is no longer willing to work with me, so due to simple inability, not lack of motivation was I forced to leave.

It's an unfortunate end, considering I tried, one more time, last month with an essay stating my plans to rebuild (I still had hope that I could have made us float again), but he isn't having any of it.

=(

Omnomnom eating toast.

leapman

<br />http://mrbreadmaker.ga<br /><br />SC: breadstickmaker<br />EGK #Aphrodite<br />

MasterMerc

Someone needs to unplug BC from its life support. It's sad watching something you loved die like this.

GG
#stopmegatron2k15

Allie55

Quote from: Bluepatchx on May 20, 2017, 02:34:03 AM
I've been helping too, in the last year and a half.

Quote from: Allie55 on May 20, 2017, 01:14:48 AMI (and the great staff that stayed loyal to me over the years) was keeping things floating for atleast a year, maybe a year and a half

is that better
sry for leaving u guys out, i know i couldn't have done it alone.

Yz

DISCORD killyzkill

VirusInject

Okay... Where do i start... I apologize in advance... this is going to be a long message... but i feel like someone has to say it.
someone... I wish it wasn't me.. I wish none of this was the way it was... hell i came back and dropped.. 200$ on this game... i didnt know about all this... or the drama that had happened or anything.. I had my son.. and i just kinda slipped into the adult life.. between work and everything...(and my two laptops got busted to 1.5k pieces). Like i said... I have a lot to say... And i mean a LOT to say.... So ill color code it for specific things... heres how itll be color coated...
Message to the admins
General message to the players
Possible Farewell?? ( idk  :'( honestly)

Ill start with the general message first.... and lead into the others .. i may end up adding in some messages inbetween.

Hello everyone still here.. or even if you are just checking in... My name is Cody, Im 22.. I first started
playing bots when I started middleschool.. Heh it helped pass the time. I was just a kid. It was a fun game right?
I loved bots, as a kid.. it was something me and my friends got together to do and interact, goof off. etc.....
anyways.. It became a very active interest.. not because this game is so unique, or so special or different than other
games...  But because I had my friends with me.. Which is a lot of the reason most of us are still here... still on boutcheetah..
because we miss the "good old days".. I remember.. heh.. and i hate to admit this especially considering i know Allie
back then specifically hated me... My IGN on bots.. was vVprobotVv/Bestbot476 (dont even know if she'd remember
any of that old hatred and annoyance i gave her back in the day.) But.. This might end up being the last message I post
on here... (which.. hate to admit again considering im a 22yr old man... but from the start of this message ive been
tearing up in my eyes....) I remember when bots was at its end... all the GMs were gone... the community became..
interesting on there... but we still remained constant with it... Then all the hackers and hacks started popping up..

And i remember.. I remember the box hack in its prime. when it was at first an injector that only lasted 30 seconds or
so... I remember when the first source code was leaked out... Hell i have a video on youtube (vvprobotvv is the acc name)
showing it off.... titled it bots hack.. I remember seeing it one day.. you know? GM Allie. And tbh.. with the game dying...
and i know it was just a hack a little bit after the fact... but it gave me hope again for that old game.. That even when the
Original owners gave up on the game... at least the community didn't give up on the game. The community loved it.
I remember getting into a game with Allie, and who i assumed to be kenny
(Dunno if it really was man..sorry)
And seeing all these exploits at work... it blew my world that someone could really put so much time and effort
into making such helpful and useful things... and instead of only using it themselves.. they helped out players... (maybe not
at first.. but eventually yeah.) Then a horrible thing happened.... Acclaim announced they were giving up on the community.
that bots was coming to an end.. by this time most of my friends had moved onto different games (which i still played these
other games too...but I loved the community of bots.. I guess i kinda grew attached to it...) I felt ... I cannot really describe...

But then... boutcheetah started spreading around.. and the community had hope again... Which is all we needed...
somewhere we could put our hope and keep our community all together.. with everything else around us changing..
it felt great that their was still hope..... I cannot even describe how happy i was to still be able to play this game..
..... i had kinda hoped... once i had my son... that... this would still be going strong... and i could show him the kind of games
his daddy used to play when he was a kid.. and start bonding with my son thru this game as well... he is only 3 now...
and it looks like i wont be able to do that.....not with how... all this seems to have turned out...... Regardless... I loved my time
i spent here.. I loved all the players i met.. the new friendships i made. the community that was still thriving on a game
that was SUPPOSED to be dead... but
Kenny, Allie, Trick.... they didn't let it die... They had NO REASON to have to keep
this game going... they choose.. to take time out of their own life..... to give back to the community... what they had found..
In bots... what all of us found in this silly game about robots...(okay im crying now)

I love this stupid silly game. Dunno why...well i do... we all do... And.. it seems.. that as we grew into adults.. those memories
those feelings.. they stayed.. we got distracted.. and we had to adult.. so we spent less time.. but i know.. EACH AND
EVERY ONE OF US THAT IS STILL HERE...... we are still here.. because of those moments.. we are sitting.. waiting...
still... Still... full of that STUPID HOPE... hoping it will get better... get fixed... the issues will resolve.... that it will just...
get back to normal again.. I wish i knew how.. to fix the original source... to give back to the community... I was never taught..
I wanted too.. i wanted to learn... but no mentor.. no teacher... nobody to show me how... im just like everyone else here...
who want this fixed..but dont have the ability to do so.... I tried so hard even uploaded videos to youtube... me and
a friend tried to understand the source code ourselves... and failed... horribly.... (im only good with Lua unfortunately)...
Im sorry everyone... Cause i know most of you wish you could do the same thing sometimes.... Im sorry.... :'( ...

To Kenny, I wanted to say thank you.. Thank you for letting all of us re-live and have that same community again...
even if it was short lived... I want to say thank you for EVERYTHING you gave us.. when you didnt have to man... because
raising my son now.. and working a fulltime job.. i see how little time i have for other things. Even with a wife to help share the
load with... Thank you for all the new memories and hope that you have given me.. for all the things you have done since
bots acclaim..... Thank you for adding in all these new parts.. new levels. new everything.. i know you must've spent so many
hours programming it all in... I know it must've wrecked your nerves... with bugs and trying to deal with the everyday hassles of
real life... But i want you to know HOW MUCH IT MEANT TO ME... as someone from this community.. that with all the REAL LIFE
that was going on... this was my getaway. thank you for letting me have it... Thank you.

To Allie, I want to say... Thank you and sorry. Thank you for giving me all those boxes back in bots acclaim XD and sharing
the original hacks to help further everything along a lot smoother. I'm sorry and i apologize for all the bad things i did in return
for the fanboying, for the constant GM spam i left in bots acclaim as GM Probot... And for the oldcshool hacks i did even on
boutcheetah itself.. (I just found it great that bots was still alive to be able to do those hacks).. Thank you for forgiving me
that one time when i did it.. And showing me that theirs more.. giving me a direction to follow.. I used a lot of the advice you
threw at me so harshly that day..... to better myself.. and to better my life... Those mean things you said... you were right..
And I got better.. it helped me become better as a person.. I now have a great paying job (16/hr), a wonderful wife, and a
very great son. (with a daughter on the way). So thank you. I know i lashed back at you. But i was just a kid then. sorry..
overall. i know i wouldnt be the same me that i am today.. if it wasnt for you, and the bots community as a whole..

To Trick, bro. you lashed at me hardcord. Like.... legit hardcore.. but it was great. the fun back and forth XD. it made some
ammusement in my life. Even if we was arguing saying the rudest stuff.. i couldnt help but laugh and chuckle....
and those memories ill always have for a long time to come... Hopefully ill be 60 and still have all these wonderful memories.

I do hope ... for all of us... that maybe... One day.. someday... that this will all be fixed... maybe someone from
here will somehow be able to fix it... or make their own or... that these issues will resolve themselves....... It looks like it wont...
which is why ive been crying towards the start of this message..... Because i feel like im losing my hope.... i feel like..
most of the hope is gone.... Thank you everyone in the community still here... for making my return at least.. not completely
alone... few rooms.. few people... but the ones still here... thank you.... I got some last enjoyment... out of this game..
which made me really happy.. playing league with my buddies, and overwatch, still aint the same as things here when
this was active....... thank you everyone at boutcheetah... thank you admins.... thanks..... for so much i wish you could
even understand..........Ill be jumping onto the forum... probably every month or so.... to see...... and check.. if maybe the
hope can be restored again...... But i feel deep in my heart it wont....... :'( ...so thank you for all the great times.... and
memories i had here... goodbye everyone...
IGN: ManaBlitz, iHateCreepuhz, -Pandah-(my wife's account}
------------------------------

16yr old me :)

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-