April 18, 2024, 01:21:38 PMLatest Member: Cole Palmer
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Spam » Our game

Our game

Started by sirhamtaro, June 08, 2017, 07:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirhamtaro

Would anyone actually want a revival/remake of this game or the essence of this game? If so what could we do?
Or do most of us simply just not have the time to even casually play video games anyway.

Genuine question about our game and where each of us are at relationship-wise with the BOTS! concept.

daluzman123

I had a friend working on a copy of "Boutcheetah"

He's remaking the old Bouts.

Not sure on a ETA when it should be done.

Yz

June 11, 2017, 01:15:15 AM #2 Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 01:21:37 AM by Yz
Quote from: daluzman123 on June 08, 2017, 10:49:27 PM

hahahah ok so

like 25-30 people have made similar claims since the dawn of time. it's not happening or it'll eat shit

as well as that, i think everyone would rather play singleplayer minesweeper than play a server of bots where u might have any power
DISCORD killyzkill

KillerPig

i mean isnt there already a revival with zg bots

the interest isnt there and this game is old and dead lmao

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

KillerPig

Quote from: Yz on June 11, 2017, 01:15:15 AM
as well as that, i think everyone would rather play singleplayer minesweeper than play a server of bots where u might have any power
also kekekke

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

daluzman123

June 11, 2017, 02:18:28 PM #5 Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 02:42:21 PM by daluzman123
Quote from: Yz on June 11, 2017, 01:15:15 AM
Quote from: daluzman123 on June 08, 2017, 10:49:27 PM

hahahah ok so

like 25-30 people have made similar claims since the dawn of time. it's not happening or it'll eat shit

25-30 people don't have any credibility to back up any claims.

The only thing that's really "delaying" this said "revival" is the fact that we can't launch the game on the STEAM store due to the licensing.

We'd rather have that first then then work on the game itself.

Some people just don't know how to market a game, hence why this shit is still dead and why BC slowly went to the gutter.

Edit:

It's also ironic that you toss in that "might have any power" bullshit to where you're throwing shade to where I was a moderator when I was 14.

Some people grow with time, clearly it didn't happen to you.

But then again, time will tell if there's a decent revival or not, and that itself will speak.

Tc.

Edit #2:

TLDR: You're throwing shade for something done many year(s) ago. Time will tell if claims are true or not.

Yz

i grew w time in the sense i'm not still on the bc forum makin claims for shit or trying to analyze anything lmao. shade was just for fun, don't sook

beeeesides, i think ham meant reviving the 'feel' for playing the game.. which isn't possible with a simple copy server, even if it were run by the best people possible
DISCORD killyzkill

daluzman123

Quote from: Yz on June 11, 2017, 03:04:41 PM
i grew w time in the sense i'm not still on the bc forum makin claims for shit or trying to analyze anything lmao. shade was just for fun, don't sook

beeeesides, i think ham meant reviving the 'feel' for playing the game.. which isn't possible with a simple copy server, even if it were run by the best people possible

Of course, however if you're trying to "shook" people up, you should be on 4chan or reddit dawg 10/10 me-mes on there.

Anyways;

As you stated it wouldn't be possible to run with just the copy, I was looking to grab the original off the last known person to have said folders / files / documents on hand.

But who knows; we can only wait and see. :>

Yz

unlike most of the people here your age i stopped finding maymays funny like 8 years ago so :/
DISCORD killyzkill

Allie55

Quote from: daluzman123 on June 11, 2017, 02:18:28 PMThe only thing that's really "delaying" this said "revival" is the fact that we can't launch the game on the STEAM store due to the licensing.

As hard as it is to say, and for others to read, I really think I should jump in and give my opinion on this "project" of yours.
Unfortunately, having desperately tried for years, I think I can confirm that there's just no interest at all in the game outside of exploiting for temporary casual fun and/or obtaining "rare" or "overpowered" items, which also doesn't last very long.

The truth is everyone who cares/cared about bots has grown up and moved on, and even if the few that remain try to bring it back they'll only be playing amongst themselves, as very few are willing to give a private server of a 15 year old game a new try. The only playerbase outside of the core few to be found here is fleeting nostalgia that unfortunately doesn't last.

It's nice to talk to you after a long time, but I'd suggest dropping your project and moving on to something more lasting. This game is only worth the temporary nostalgia it gives, it's no longer long-term sustainable regardless of who owns it and what updates are brought to it outside of a complete engine rework to 2017-ify it. That said, I have nothing against you for trying, so feel free if you have time and money to burn.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-