March 28, 2024, 09:51:16 AMLatest Member: donkey
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other BoutCheetah Stuff » Suggestions » Suggestion Compilation

Suggestion Compilation

Started by Throttle, September 15, 2016, 11:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throttle

September 15, 2016, 11:40:03 PM Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 06:30:21 PM by Throttle
Hello. All of these are quick-edit, number-based suggestions that wouldn't be hard to put in.

Member benefits
       - Nerf LGN sets, which are so overpowered as a non-members' set that they are used even by members, and have destroyed the
          entire RT1/2/3 system/community.
       - A 300 to 500 bot speed boost for members, perhaps toggled on/off via @speed.

Sector
       - Nerf 258 XP; it takes roughly 4 hours of playtime to reach max level for non-members.
          25,000 XP per game would make it take around twice as long and members' 2X XP would be slightly more worthwhile.
          If Gora were less defensive, it might be worth killing her for a chance to pick up a green chest or a red box.
       - Possibly, anti-leech; kill one mob to get the same XP as everyone else.

Raid
       - As the player-base dwindles, it seems logical to reduce the player requirements for raid.
               • RT1, 2P+
               • RT2, 3P+
               • RT3, 4P+

PvP and Base
       - Boost XP and GP of both modes so that the winner's XP/GP per minute is at least equal to the XP/GP per minute of 258.
       - Boost green chest drop rates for both modes so that the winner can collect chests at least as efficiently as grinding 206.

Other
       - Boost all gun damages, including Dark Meto.
               With all of the overpowered sets systematically introduced, gun damage hasn't caught up; guns are worthless in sector mode.
       - Shop prices of ordinary items cost too much; an Elektra head costs 7.5M gigas and sells for less than 100K? It's like they're
          all priced as jokes.

Thank you for considering.

Robocop7ant

Many good points ..

As for the prices in game is that taxs takes all the economy in-game or people left with couple of bills on their acc.
Gun dmg is low atm yes, the staffs from GM and above use GM gun, only heard boosting that is worth it 2k dmg ++

The stats are op for lgn, so best choice would be nerfing it closer to rt1 set .
It's not worth buying membership unless you really want 45 more lvls and can do rt3 map.

<br />

Throttle

September 16, 2016, 10:44:47 AM #2 Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 10:58:22 AM by Throttle
Quote from: Robocop7ant on September 16, 2016, 07:17:27 AM
As for the prices in game is that taxs takes all the economy in-game or people left with couple of bills on their acc.

I definitely agree. I just meant the low-level items that new players can't buy/afford. It's great that guild buffs cost 500M, etc.
But a lvl 166 Impaler set costs 4.5M and usually at 166 you've only got maybe 400K gigas.

For example, at the time of writing, 'Gday' is lvl 167, wearing a lvl 16 set, and he's got 161K gigas.
He leeched some room playing 258, but now he has no other choice. He can't play 172 for better gear because his gear isn't good enough to handle that. And he can't buy better gear from the shop, because he can't afford it.

He's stuck. All he can do is leech more 258 plays and be warned, "stay back or kick," which means for most people something like "check Facebook while you punch in this time to get your level up." Even if some lvl 166 did have decent gear already, they still would not be able to afford shop gear, so they'd just play a map for their gear, which means there'd be even fewer gigas leaving the economy.

Special items like guild buffs should stay expensive, but low-level gear should be technically affordable.

Quote from: Robocop7ant on September 16, 2016, 07:17:27 AM
Gun dmg is low atm yes, the staffs from GM and above use GM gun, only heard boosting that is worth it 2k dmg ++

The stats are op for lgn, so best choice would be nerfing it closer to rt1 set .
It's not worth buying membership unless you really want 45 more lvls and can do rt3 map.

+1

Allie

I appreciate the suggestions, and agree with some of them.

I'll see what I can do, but I'd like to address a couple things.

First, the legion set is intended to be a single drop item that becomes rarer over time. As they were just released, they appear to be everywhere, but given time, they'll be rarer, like the halloween sets. If the playerbase feels like going about this in such a way is bad, I can give them a slight nerf to be rt1 instead of rt2 if necessary.

Second, I've always wanted to nerf 258, but it's always been a hard choice. We've had several options, including straight reducing its xp, making gora unpushable, making the kick-for-xp-loss ratio much higher in that level, etc. But ultimately we feel it'd piss off too many players to consider. If you have a better suggestion, I'd gladly consider it.

nothinbutnet

Quote from: Allie on September 18, 2016, 07:09:10 PM
I can give them a slight nerf to be rt1 instead of rt2 if necessary.
Please do, its too over powered atm, it leaves no reason to play rt2/collect the armor from it.
IGN: AO Light  Level: 221/46

Throttle

September 18, 2016, 10:16:33 PM #5 Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 06:31:14 PM by Throttle
First, the legion set is intended to be a single drop item that becomes rarer over time. As they were just released, they appear to be everywhere, but given time, they'll be rarer, like the halloween sets. If the playerbase feels like going about this in such a way is bad, I can give them a slight nerf to be rt1 instead of rt2 if necessary.

It's only 25M or so for a three-part set; a Walker-Bro costs more than that. Nobody sees any reason to play RT2.
It would be surprising to see nobody complain, but please consider nerfing them to RT1.

Second, I've always wanted to nerf 258, but it's always been a hard choice. We've had several options, including straight reducing its xp, making gora unpushable, making the kick-for-xp-loss ratio much higher in that level, etc. But ultimately we feel it'd piss off too many players to consider. If you have a better suggestion, I'd gladly consider it.

I like the sound of reducing the XP, and maybe reducing it further for anyone level 1-199.
I've been playing BOTS a lot recently, and nobody seems to mind how long it takes to level up, apart from anyone who has just come from BoutCheetah.
Anyone who is playing right now should consider themselves lucky to have had an advantage, and new players shouldn't mind much because they haven't lost anything.

z0co2

Great suggestions, I support them to the fullest.  ;D

qolderman

about guns; some of the guns, including dark meto, damage really high. i dont know from where did you get that info, but normally a dark meto hits 400-700 on high-level maps.

elektra parts; are you joking? its so easy to get elektra parts and they are worth at least 100k. you can get 1m gigas in like what? 10 minutes?

other than that, everything sounds reasonable
IGN: Caustic

^thanks cooky <3
Quote from: Cooky on August 03, 2014, 12:05:07 AM
whats wrong with eating a sock

Throttle

September 20, 2016, 07:53:06 PM #8 Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 06:31:38 PM by Throttle
Quote from: qolderman on September 20, 2016, 06:38:34 PM
about guns; some of the guns, including dark meto, damage really high. i dont know from where did you get that info, but normally a dark meto hits 400-700 on high-level maps.

Yes, that's accurate. But a ram in trans hits 2-2.5K these days; compare that ratio to BOTS's ratio.

elektra parts; are you joking? its so easy to get elektra parts and they are worth at least 100k. you can get 1m gigas in like what? 10 minutes?

The sell price is fine; the buy price is not. I only mentioned the sell price for contrast.

qolderman

Quote from: Throttle on September 20, 2016, 07:53:06 PM

The sell price is fine; the buy price is not. I only mentioned the sell price for contrast.
oh yeah, im sorry, i understood that wrong.

i agree, the buy price is really high, but it is like that, because a long time ago elektra was the best armor in the game and so it was and is expensive

^thanks cooky <3

z0co2

With hitpoints most mobs and bosses have on high level maps 400-700 damage is low.

qolderman

Quote from: z0co2 on September 21, 2016, 01:40:33 PM

With hitpoints most mobs and bosses have on high level maps 400-700 damage is low.
it is low, but its not as low as you think it is. gun is not really needed, but the extra decent damage is always welcome.

its not like a gun is a major thing, it can get a buff, but not needed

^thanks cooky <3

z0co2

Quote from: qolderman on September 21, 2016, 03:14:16 PM
Quote from: z0co2 on September 21, 2016, 01:40:33 PM

it is low, but its not as low as you think it is. gun is not really needed, but the extra decent damage is always welcome.

its not like a gun is a major thing, it can get a buff, but not needed

Ye sure, I just commented because you said that some of the guns do high damage wich they do not, in my opinion.

windlife64

The points are good tell the Lgn sets. If you want to nerf the sets All you have to do is reduce the atk trans stat witch is what most seem to complain about. the 3 parts them selves are OK sides the op AT stat. and you would only do 2-2.5k if you had the full 7 piece set which would explain. with out this my bot(ram) currently hits around 1.2~1.5k with out the other 4 pieces to the Full set which isn't that bad. If you want to nerf Exp simply remove hard mode from the game. Hard mode was great in the past but not it's breaking the game.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-