June 02, 2024, 05:24:44 PMLatest Member: jachary
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » Hmm, Opti....

Hmm, Opti....

Started by Xrow, January 05, 2011, 12:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xrow

Opti, do you believe in the Big Bang theory?
And do you believe that truth is relative or absolute?

I'm learning more and more f00l. =)

Iridion

Big Bang theory is as weird as religion

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

cjtown

Quote from: Iridion on January 05, 2011, 12:40:45 PM
Big Bang theory is as weird as religion

Not really. At least, scientific can explain the big bang. It's not like the shit of god who created humans -_-

And the big bang is is possible if we see the theory of the evolution.

Iridion

Big bang is a reaction. To have a reaction you need elements. How could the big bang happen if there werent elements or anything else before it?

thats how we roll maddie

Optimism

January 05, 2011, 03:12:19 PM #4 Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 03:28:36 PM by Optimism
A negative can never be proven. Prove pigs fly. Prove I can't fly. Prove martians don't exist. Prove eagles don't spit magma. These statements, nor any statement for that matter can ever be proven 100 percent with regard to philosophy. However, compounding evidence and stacking the odds for a specific question enables validity.

For instance, does the Herpes Zoster Virus cause chicken pox? The answer: most likely. One can never be certain.

Whether truth is relative or absolute is a matter of subjective opinions. I understand many truths are absolute, while others are relative. Given my educational level, you and I would disagree on matters as absolute or relative; however, remember, I have compounding, reproducible, stand-alone-evidence that gives validity to what I "believe". Moreover, tangible results that enable benefit or harm could be demonstrated at numerous levels on a plethora of topics, substantiating the aforesaid statement.

The answer: truth is both or only one option depending on the individual. However, those that give advancement to society see many truths as absolute, and not relative (scientists). For instance, vaccinations, cancer treatment, surgical procedures that enable life-sustaining/saving methodologies to be repetitively implemented with success, etc., are considered absolute truths by those who perform the task to safe a life and by those saved.

If you can't get past the philosophy of the relativity of certain matters, then you will under-live your true potential and for this, I pitty you and wish you a great education that enables a revelation.

As for the Big Bang theory, refer to the red text. Christianity is none of this and therefore, is not a valid belief. If you still disagree, I demand a full paper from you within 2 weeks explaining the big-bang (in paraphrase of course, of how it occurred and why scientists state they've detected remnants and how these remnants correlate to the Big Bang itself). Keep in mind, the writing of this paper must include references from reputable academic sources (peer-reviewed, which are validated through an objective means). Only then will you truly come to appreciate the red text listed previously. If you don't understand something written, then consult another source for clarity. Off you go.

http://godisimaginary.com/
- Opti -
- Sanctuary Founder | PvP King -
- Retired -

Iridion

I did read the first two lines :D

thats how we roll maddie

hawk5005

You just ruined my life,now I know that after I die everything will disappear for me and I will stop existing. :'(

Xrow

Quote from: Optimism on January 05, 2011, 03:12:19 PM
A negative can never be proven. Prove pigs fly. Prove I can't fly. Prove martians don't exist. Prove eagles don't spit magma. These statements, nor any statement for that matter can ever be proven 100 percent with regard to philosophy. However, compounding evidence and stacking the odds for a specific question enables validity.

For instance, does the Herpes Zoster Virus cause chicken pox? The answer: most likely. One can never be certain.

Whether truth is relative or absolute is a matter of subjective opinions. I understand many truths are absolute, while others are relative. Given my educational level, you and I would disagree on matters as absolute or relative; however, remember, I have compounding, reproducible, stand-alone-evidence that gives validity to what I "believe". Moreover, tangible results that enable benefit or harm could be demonstrated at numerous levels on a plethora of topics, substantiating the aforesaid statement.

The answer: truth is both or only one option depending on the individual. However, those that give advancement to society see many truths as absolute, and not relative (scientists). For instance, vaccinations, cancer treatment, surgical procedures that enable life-sustaining/saving methodologies to be repetitively implemented with success, etc., are considered absolute truths by those who perform the task to safe a life and by those saved.

If you can't get past the philosophy of the relativity of certain matters, then you will under-live your true potential and for this, I pitty you and wish you a great education that enables a revelation.

As for the Big Bang theory, refer to the red text. Christianity is none of this and therefore, is not a valid belief. If you still disagree, I demand a full paper from you within 2 weeks explaining the big-bang (in paraphrase of course, of how it occurred and why scientists state they've detected remnants and how these remnants correlate to the Big Bang itself). Keep in mind, the writing of this paper must include references from reputable academic sources (peer-reviewed, which are validated through an objective means). Only then will you truly come to appreciate the red text listed previously. If you don't understand something written, then consult another source for clarity. Off you go.

http://godisimaginary.com/

Oh my God.
Do you believe that
a. Truth is Relative
or
b. Truth is Absolute

a or b, Opti >_>.

And, no, I shall not author a work on a false and absurd topic that holds no more - and most probably much less - validity than does God.
Give me a short and to the point reason for why you believe the big bang is the reason for the universe, and I'll reply with a short and to the point reason why it is not.

Optimism

Questions aren't always answered that simply -- you have my answer.

If you refute self-research, I deny you my answer.
- Opti -
- Retired -

Allie

Truth is relative.
Myself and Opti both believe it.

Optimism

Quote from: Allie on January 05, 2011, 11:06:20 PM
Truth is relative.
Myself and Opti both believe it.

I don't believe this, per my earlier statement. Apparently you didn't read it >.>.
- Opti -
- Retired -

Allie

You believe it because I believe it.

zomniethe4

That's not how the world works Angel.

Zom

Xrow

January 06, 2011, 03:31:56 AM #13 Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 03:38:55 AM by Xrow
Quote from: Optimism on January 05, 2011, 11:04:04 PM
Questions aren't always answered that simply -- you have my answer.

If you refute self-research, I deny you my answer.

Of course I research (thus my "I'm learning more and more" comment), but I do have a life.
What is self-research to you? A wall of text with a giant quote from some webpage?

Quote from: Allie on January 05, 2011, 11:06:20 PM
Truth is relative.

Is it absolutely true that truth is relative?

hawk5005

Going back to the belief of God.
"If God doesn't exists and you believe in him,you don't lose anything.But if God exists and you don't believe in him,then you lose everything."
Do it your way,but I believe in God because I'm a Christian.
Even if God doesn't exists,believing in him is a good thing because  we think that there is life after death,if we knew there wouldn't be anything after death,most of us would fall in depression,so thinking that there is life after death,therefore there is a God,it gives us hope. :)

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-