April 28, 2024, 10:39:00 AMLatest Member: ii21
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » For King ^.^

For King ^.^

Started by Optimism, February 20, 2011, 12:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xrow

February 22, 2011, 01:21:52 AM #45 Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 01:23:11 AM by Xrow
Quote from: Jeffalo13 on February 22, 2011, 01:18:33 AM
Quote from: Lyric_ on February 22, 2011, 12:54:07 AM
The bible is bullshit, any fool who falls for even one word of thing should set themselves on fire.

That is such blasphemy <_<.  I think you kinda just crossed lines; I doubt that Tyler would say that, it makes you seem incompetent.

Tyler wouldn't have.

Quote from: Lyric_ on February 22, 2011, 01:18:19 AM
Also, no. I was very into religion as a child, and due to common sense grew out of it.
He IS incompetent - he hasn't even read the Bible, yet he can somehow make such a statement.

Pathetic, Kelvin.

Allie

Quote from: Lyric_ on February 22, 2011, 01:18:19 AM
"Something cannot come from nothing" - The Atheist Experience #675

This is a better one.

Also, no. I was very into religion as a child, and due to common sense grew out of it.

That guy sounds like xrow.
He's owned yet he's like 'no look, im going to ignore your evidence, this is right because god is on my side'.

Optimism

February 22, 2011, 12:48:37 PM #47 Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 02:00:26 PM by Optimism
Kelvin is completely justified in his response. Those who have formerly experienced religion, then realize the extent of its ignorance at a later period look onto those who continue the belief in an obvious lie in disgust.

I view those who are religious as cowardice, ignorant children who can't differentiate between the story of Santa Claus and the story that is running and ruining their lives and other's lives in the process.

There is no evidence for god, Xrow. Honestly, stop fibbing to yourself. You looking up into the cosmos, and believing that because you can't understand how something so magnificent came to be without a god is ****ing disgusting. In the words of Xrow and his subjectivity, "undeniable logic". LOL.

Creationists simply get smashed with logic on a daily basis, thus the magnificent diversity of videos being posted here.

The fact is, I could understand if you were a deist; however, you select one religion of tens of thousands in the world and claim truth within that sole way of life. Its disgusting. Why? Because you can't assert anymore "evidence" than someone claiming to be Hindu or Buddhist. And that my friend, is undeniable logic. You're religion is no more valid than the next and thus, cannot be absolute truth. Of course, you'll dodge this statement on your response, as you dodge all my responses with your own in near entirety.

I suggest you watch the above video. Take it all in -- this is exactly your argument and it falls apart under scrutiny when pushed for "evidence". lol.

Here is one more regarding, "you can't disprove god". You can't disprove a negative; moreover, the burden of proof will always remain on those who make extraordinary claims in the absence of evidence. If you can't provide evidence, then I can smack it aside and continue on with my life:

Proof and evidence that atheism is accurate and correct - The Atheist Experience #682
- Opti -
- Sanctuary Founder | PvP King -
- Retired -

Xrow

February 22, 2011, 09:52:35 PM #48 Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 10:05:31 PM by Xrow
^Religions are mutually exclusive you retard. I can't believe that the only way to Heaven is through Jesus while still believing that good works alone will get me to Heaven.
I don't think you even know what logic is >_> And if you do, you obviously have no clue how to apply it.

By the way, truth is discovered, not invented. Gravity existed before Newton had any idea of it.
In the same way, the truth about the beginnings of the universe exists regardless of whether humans have found it. It doesn't matter what you believe, the universe was either created or magically exploded (or whatever else). Your beliefs change nothing about it.

And another thing, you say that truth is absolute per individual on the basis that if a person believes something, it is absolutely true for them.

Consider this:
I believe you are going to hell.

Quote from: Allie on February 22, 2011, 02:57:49 AM
He's owned yet he's like 'no look, im going to ignore your evidence, this is right because god is on my side'.

When have I ever even implied that simply having God on my side makes me right?
Hell, I haven't even referenced the Bible!

If your going to be an a** hole, at least make it justifiable. >_>.

Optimism

Quote from: Xrow on February 22, 2011, 09:52:35 PM
^Religions are mutually exclusive you retard. I can't believe that the only way to Heaven is through Jesus while still believing that good works alone will get me to Heaven.
I don't think you even know what logic is >_> And if you do, you obviously have no clue how to apply it.

By the way, truth is discovered, not invented. Gravity existed before Newton had any idea of it.
In the same way, the truth about the beginnings of the universe exists regardless of whether humans have found it. It doesn't matter what you believe, the universe was either created or magically exploded (or whatever else). Your beliefs change nothing about it.

And another thing, you say that truth is absolute per individual on the basis that if a person believes something, it is absolutely true for them.

Consider this:
I believe you are going to hell.

Quote from: Allie on February 22, 2011, 02:57:49 AM

When have I ever even implied that simply having God on my side makes me right?
Hell, I haven't even referenced the Bible!

If your going to be an a** hole, at least make it justifiable. >_>.

You believe I'm going to hell. If you believe this to be true per yourself, then it is so. However, when I come into the situation, that truth then becomes relative due to a conflicting "absolute truth". Its an easy concept that you've yet to grasp.

So you believe all religions give a pathway to heaven? Awesome stuff. Far better than what you were formerly (exclusively Christian). Yay!
- Opti -
- Retired -

Xrow

^It seems as though you are growing more and more foolish as we progress.

So your saying that
1. Its absolutely true that your going to hell - because I believe it, and
2. Its absolutely true that your not going to hell - because you don't believe it exists.

How can this be?

Quote from: Optimism on February 23, 2011, 12:08:23 AM
So you believe all religions give a pathway to heaven? Awesome stuff. Far better than what you were formerly (exclusively Christian). Yay!

wtf..?

Do you know what mutually exclusive means? o.O..

By your "logic," there is no absolute truth to progress towards - so how have I become better?
"Logically" speaking, you have no reason to attend college. I mean, the professor doesn't have the absolute truth, so what do you intend to discover by listening to him?

Optimism

February 23, 2011, 12:24:30 AM #51 Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 12:25:54 AM by Optimism
Quote from: Xrow on February 23, 2011, 12:16:58 AM
^It seems as though you are growing more and more foolish as we progress.

So your saying that
2. Its absolutely true that your not going to hell - because you don't believe it exists.

How can this be?

Quote from: Optimism on February 23, 2011, 12:08:23 AM

wtf..?

Do you know what mutually exclusive means? o.O..

By your "logic," there is no absolute truth to progress towards - so how have I become better?
"Logically" speaking, you have no reason to attend college. I mean, the professor doesn't have the absolute truth, so what do you intend to discover by listening to him?

Honestly, we are on two very different levels here. Be sure, that I stand far above you. Firstly, I can't even grasp what you are attempting to convey because of the shear logical inconsistencies within each of your statements. I have to honestly re-read each sentence you write at least twice before understanding the context and how it evenly minutely relates to the conversation at hand.

QuoteSo your saying that

I'm calling you on this right now. You have no ****ing clue regarding my proposition of truth and its relativity and absoluteness as evidence by your response. The two numbered events are stand alone, BOTH STRICTLY RELATING TO THE ****ING INDIVIDUAL ONLY. Yes, to you, it is absolute truth that I am going to hell because YOU believe it. It is also absolute truth that I am NOT going to hell BECAUSE I DON'T BELIEVE IT. Due to their conflicting nature, these two truths are LABELED AS RELATIVE. The reason they are labeled AS RELATIVE is because BOTH are unsubstantiated claims with regard to the opposing belief. This is simply a case of subjectivity vs. objectivity (another concept you are far from grasping).

As for mutually exclusivity, I understand this term and its implications completely. However, what I do not understand is the context in which you apply it. I still don't, as you are that logically UNSOUND.

Locked. This goes nowhere. Hey, at least you believe in evolution now :).
- Opti -
- Retired -

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-