May 23, 2024, 01:33:24 PMLatest Member: fria
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » Two questions for Opti

Two questions for Opti

Started by Xrow, February 21, 2011, 08:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xrow

Quote from: Jeffalo13 on February 22, 2011, 12:28:41 AM
Not taking sides, just saw this in a demotivational poster a couple days ago.  Of course, I thought of you two.

/nothatingonxrow

I've got that quote memorized, actually. That quote is what originally prompted me to explore the subject of evil

Optimism

February 22, 2011, 12:33:00 AM #16 Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 12:36:14 AM by Optimism
Quote from: Jeffalo13 on February 22, 2011, 12:28:41 AM
Not taking sides, just saw this in a demotivational poster a couple days ago.  Of course, I thought of you two.

/nothatingonxrow

Saw this a few months ago. Beautiful. Someone give this man's grammar police title back, for he bringeth the verbal wrath of Epicurus!

King, seriously? If that happened, I would get on my knees and work my thang for all eternity on god. Sadly, this isn't the case. You act as if I don't want to believe. If evidence were there, I would believe unquestionably; however, it is not. My logical self doesn't permit me to believe in something that hasn't been substantiated through evidence.
- Opti -
- Sanctuary Founder | PvP King -
- Retired -

Xrow

February 22, 2011, 12:36:24 AM #17 Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 12:36:36 AM by Xrow
Answer the question.

Optimism

Quote from: Xrow on February 22, 2011, 12:36:24 AM
Answer the question.

If got extinguished jealousy, sorrow, sadness and all other confounding negative emotions that prompt ill-contempt of feeling and atrocity through action, then yes.
- Opti -
- Retired -

Xrow

Keep in mind that some would believe God to be a controlling, malicious dictator. They spent their lives not wanting to believe in God, and now they have no other choice.

Do you not call that evil?

Optimism

Quote from: Xrow on February 22, 2011, 12:41:21 AM
Keep in mind that some would believe God to be a controlling, malicious dictator. They spent their lives not wanting to believe in God, and now they have no other choice.

Do you not call that evil?

If all the aforementioned is extinguished, then he is not malicious. Nor would he be consider a dictator (lets make an addition), as he would stave his hand of control entirely -- peace and low would be innate (no capacity for hate/evil). Who would deny unrestricted happiness and love for all eternity? No one would consider that malicious/controlling.
- Opti -
- Retired -

Xrow

You are so stubborn >_>.

Those who hate God (such as Christopher Hitchens) would be FORCED TO ACCEPT HIM. Their FREE WILL would be REVOKED without their approval.
Although your too stubborn to admit it, that is what makes an absolutist dictator. Many would believe Him to be evil.

Allie

Quote from: Optimism on February 22, 2011, 12:37:25 AM
Quote from: Xrow on February 22, 2011, 12:36:24 AM
Answer the question.

If got extinguished jealousy, sorrow, sadness and all other confounding negative emotions that prompt ill-contempt of feeling and atrocity through action, then yes.

dude whats wrong with you today

Optimism

February 22, 2011, 02:02:06 PM #23 Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 02:05:25 PM by Optimism
Quote from: Xrow on February 22, 2011, 12:50:29 AM
You are so stubborn >_>.

Those who hate God (such as Christopher Hitchens) would be FORCED TO ACCEPT HIM. Their FREE WILL would be REVOKED without their approval.
Although your too stubborn to admit it, that is what makes an absolutist dictator. Many would believe Him to be evil.

As I stated, all negative emotions wouldn't be possible. What aren't you understanding? The capacity to hate, envy, etc. would not exist; therefore, evil would not exist. Christ child...

Hypothetically, if I were god, this is how things would be -- complete equality would exist, no disease, no hunger, no negative affect, which would result in negative actions. And because of this, I would be a much better god than the one whose banana you claim to suck.

@ Allie: I'm only human D:.
- Opti -
- Retired -

Xrow

I understand >_>. The ACT[/u] of their removal would be malevolent.

Optimism

Quote from: Xrow on February 22, 2011, 09:44:46 PM
I understand >_>. The ACT[/u] of their removal would be malevolent.

They never existed in the first place :).
- Opti -
- Retired -

Xrow

Then why did Epicurus ask what he did?

Optimism

Quote from: Xrow on February 23, 2011, 12:11:40 AM
Then why did Epicurus ask what he did?

And the logical pitfall. This is my world; my decisions; my results. I am the god. Because I am now god, I will do a hell of alot better job than whatever the **** you consider to be one. Period.
- Opti -
- Retired -

Xrow

February 23, 2011, 12:18:07 AM #28 Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 12:18:18 AM by Xrow
LOL?
You can't even make a cell, yet God has made trillions upon trillions in a very short amount of time.

Optimism

Quote from: Xrow on February 23, 2011, 12:18:07 AM
LOL?
You can't even make a cell, yet God has made trillions upon trillions in a very short amount of time.

Holy shit. Cells are constructed within labs EVERY ****ing day. Are you serious? Abiogenesis -- it happened. You lack the propensity to make such a claim, clearly.
- Opti -
- Retired -

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-