June 16, 2024, 10:29:39 AMLatest Member: DemetriaCe
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » Confusing macro and micro evolution resolved!

Confusing macro and micro evolution resolved!

Started by Optimism, February 21, 2011, 11:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Optimism

- Opti -
- Sanctuary Founder | PvP King -
- Retired -

Optimism

- Opti -
- Retired -

Xrow

What?
I don't really care o.O I don't believe evolution to be the reason for the season in the first place.

Plus, based on your "logic," that didn't make you right and me wrong. Because "truth is relative per individual"  ;)

Xrow

February 22, 2011, 12:57:35 AM #3 Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 12:58:53 AM by Xrow
Actually, I guess I'll comment on it.

Macro-evolution is largely influenced by "Allopatric Speciation" - the idea that members of a species separated by geography or emigration will evolve differently based on their surroundings.
I believe this to be adaption.
Both micro and macro could very well be plausible. But this doesn't mean that a horse will grow a dorsal fin and breathe under-water.

And keep in mind that the evolution from one color of letter to another is infinitesimally less complicated than the conversion from the DNA of a seal to the DNA of a falcon.

Optimism

February 22, 2011, 01:43:08 AM #4 Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 01:44:35 AM by Optimism
Quote from: Xrow on February 22, 2011, 12:57:35 AM
Actually, I guess I'll comment on it.

Macro-evolution is largely influenced by "Allopatric Speciation" - the idea that members of a species separated by geography or emigration will evolve differently based on their surroundings.
I believe this to be adaption.
Both micro and macro could very well be plausible. But this doesn't mean that a horse will grow a dorsal fin and breathe under-water.

And keep in mind that the evolution from one color of letter to another is infinitesimally less complicated than the conversion from the DNA of a seal to the DNA of a falcon.

What...

I don't even. Did you not read his statement? Evolution isn't a fish evolving a ****ing dorsal fin. That has nothing to do with the concept in the slightest. Millions of years=gradual change.
- Opti -
- Retired -

Xrow

Just like God isn't "a magical pixie in the sky."

Allie

Xrow

Well I don't believe in magical explosions that come from nothing and create perfect order.

Allie

well i dont believe in the uncreated.

/if god can be uncreated, why cant the universe noob

Gramps

^^meaty, muncay, zom & kenny <3

Allie

Quote from: Gramps on February 22, 2011, 06:08:11 AM
I was born an elephant, i have evolved.

I believe this; you've have plenty of time to evolve.

Meta

Optimism

February 22, 2011, 02:07:08 PM #12 Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 02:10:36 PM by Optimism
King, you've submitted to me that you understand and absolutely adhere to microevolutionary theory. By default, due to your lack of understanding, you adhere to macroevolutionary theory and thus, the theory of evolution. Stumped!

Quote from: XrowI agree that microevolution exists.

GG
- Opti -
- Retired -

Xrow

1. Prove I said that.
2. If I said that, prove I wasn't brainwashed or being forced to say it.

3. If they are the same thing, then why do they have very different names? =)

Optimism

February 23, 2011, 12:13:13 AM #14 Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 12:13:23 AM by Optimism
http://boutcheetah.zylongaming.com/index.php/topic,8931.15.html

I screenied it, so no sense in editing dear friend. Its nice to see that you now understand evolution as fact. Second page.

+2 progression points for you, sir.

*pats on back*.
- Opti -
- Retired -

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-