April 19, 2024, 11:24:08 AMLatest Member: choe9512
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » Yes or no.1

Yes or no.1

Started by Xrow, February 27, 2011, 05:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xrow

Quote from: Optimism
Universe expands and collapses, expands and collapses. Infinite universe with regard to time.

Do you believe this? (Yes or no)

Corr

ZeaL - Rank 1 Hax, just because
I do it for the lulz.

Kevin

Go a little more in depth as to what he's saying.

Or better yet redirect me to the thread where he said that so I can get the full story. As of now, I don't either.

Optimism

February 27, 2011, 07:58:50 PM #3 Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 08:00:41 PM by Optimism
This isn't necessarily true -- it is merely one of many propositions of how the universe functions. As I've stated previously, whether the universe is finite or infinite has yet to be determined; moreover, it probably won't be for quite some time.

I elaborated a bit more in detail with regard to that statement. Next time, don't pull information out of context...

Sheesh.

I sound like a broken record, but sadly, you've yet to understand.
- Opti -
- Sanctuary Founder | PvP King -
- Retired -

Optimism

February 27, 2011, 08:01:12 PM #4 Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 08:15:29 PM by Optimism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_fate_of_the_universe

Big Bounce
Main article: Big Bounce

The Big Bounce is a theorized scientific model related to the beginning of the known Universe. It derives from the oscillatory universe or cyclic repetition interpretation of the Big Bang where the first cosmological event was the result of the collapse of a previous universe.

According to one version of the Big Bang theory of cosmology, in the beginning the universe had infinite density. Such a description seems to be at odds with everything else in physics, and especially quantum mechanics and its uncertainty principle.[citation needed] It is not surprising, therefore, that quantum mechanics has given rise to an alternative version of the Big Bang theory. Also, if the universe is closed, this theory would predict that once this universe collapses it will spawn another universe in an event similar to the Big Bang after a universal singularity is reached or a repulsive quantum force causes re-expansion.

Within this link are all hypothesis relating to the universe. All speculation.

Multiverse: no complete end
Main article: Multiverse

One multiverse hypothesis states that our uni-"verse" is merely one Big Bang among an infinite number of simultaneously expanding Big Bangs that are spread out over endless distances (open space).

Each "verse" may be either matter or antimatter, with an equal number in existence at any given time. As the "verses" expand they collide and matter and antimatter annihilate, releasing energy. Heat death of a finite universe would be predicted as entropy increases, however, the infinite size of the multiverse and the infinite number of "verses" could mean that new "verses" would be formed as old "verses" were annihilated.

A chain reaction multiverse would be analogous to a fireworks display (each explosion representing a Big Bang) that starts in one neighborhood and is followed by fireworks displays in surrounding neighborhoods and then in neighborhoods further out. The chain reaction of Big Bangs would continue to expand as Big Bang fuel is consumed. If the multiverse is open and the fuel is infinite then the chain reaction would expand forever. Of course, it is not known what the "fuel" is, but it is logical to assume that matter and energy are the product of a transformation from a real reactant, possibly the Higgs boson[citation needed].

Another infinite hypothesis.

Its pretty pathetic that you can't differentiate between a hypothesis and a theory. I expect nothing more, however.

The concept of gravity is a theory -- testable.

The concept whether the universe is finite or infinite would be a hypothesis, and will remain as such until we derive a method to test such concepts.

\facepalm.

Google.com is your friend. Start using it. I suppose you won't be writing that book and claiming the nobel prize anymore. Oh well.
- Opti -
- Retired -

Optimism

February 27, 2011, 10:41:01 PM #6 Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 10:41:23 PM by Optimism
Quote from: Xrow on February 27, 2011, 10:19:30 PM
Quote from: Xrow on February 27, 2011, 05:58:00 PM
(Yes or no)

One only needs to review the previous threads to understand the context that you are asking this question -- you strictly believe the universe to be finite based on some misconstrued "evidence" you've attempted to throw together.

You've been thoroughly owned.
- Opti -
- Retired -

Xrow

Optimism

February 27, 2011, 10:44:52 PM #8 Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 10:48:47 PM by Optimism
Quote from: Xrow on February 27, 2011, 10:44:14 PM
Just answer the question. What could you possibly be afraid of?

Quote from: Xrow on February 27, 2011, 10:19:30 PM
Quote from: Xrow on February 27, 2011, 05:58:00 PM
(Yes or no)

The PM you sent me after I locked a topic that hit a dead end with regard to "on-topicness":

Quote from: Xrow on February 27, 2011, 05:43:49 PM
Why did you lock that topic? So you could unfairly get the last word?
Pathetic, Tyler. Truly.

If you think my evidence is not truly evidence, then disprove it with real evidence. If your just going to wall-of-text with no logic or evidence, then you'd be better off picking up a book.

Speaks for itself, no?

lol.

It seems as if I'm the only one that went to look for a reputable source here. I win :).

Its sad, you attempted to push one hypothesis to a greater validity than another when in fact, they were all simply hypotheses (not one is more valid than the other) -- I've stated this since post one, yet you've found a way to close your eyes and plug your ears while screaming "god exists, NANANANANANANANANA".

Sound familiar? Yea, its what you do with Christianity when compared to all religions that have existed, exist or ever will exist.

Well, from this you will grow.
- Opti -
- Retired -

Xrow

Optimism

My answer is -- I don't know.

Reason: evidence hasn't been provided regarding the validity of any theory proposed.

(logical answer)
- Opti -
- Retired -

Corr

Quote from: Optimism on February 27, 2011, 11:31:50 PM
My answer is -- I don't know.
You know as well as me that the "I don't know" shit is the stupidest response you can give to another person.

You learn that in pay2school. ;)

I do it for the lulz.

Xrow

Sigh. Such a nonprogressive response.

I didn't ask what you KNOW, I asked what you BELIEVE.
Now answer the question.

Corr

No, you ****ing idiot.

Do you need a reason?  ::)

I do it for the lulz.

Xrow

Hes afraid to answer it.
Thats why hes wall-of-texting.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-