April 27, 2024, 08:10:27 PMLatest Member: fsglgsll
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » Puzzle

Puzzle

Started by Xrow, March 16, 2011, 04:20:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xrow

March 17, 2011, 09:37:45 PM #15 Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 09:42:19 PM by Xrow
Quote from: Faith on March 17, 2011, 08:49:45 PM
1. A, If I asked you 'Are you random?' in your current mental state, would you say 'ja'? - Assuming he says 'da', it would mean he is not the Random god, also assuming 'ja' is yes and 'da' is no.
"In your current mental state" was a clever addition. Well, we can't assume either way - although I would like to - so if he says 'da,' he very well could be random.
Unfortunately, that proved nothing. Sorry.

2. A, If I asked you 'Are you true', would you say 'ja'? - If A says 'ja' than A is the True god, if A says 'da' than A is the false god. Which would also mean that C is False, or if the answer is 'da' than C is the True god.
Solution: It really depends what, and how you ask them questions. And also on what 'ja' and 'da' mean, but lets say that 'ja' means no and 'da' means yes, then the answer would be the opposite of what the other solution is. I do have to commend you though, for giving a puzzle that can have multiple outcomes, without ever giving that fact away.
Your acting like you just solved it lol. I suppose you did, given that ja means yes and da means no, but that entirely defeats the point of the puzzle.

Edit: Question to solve the 'ja' and 'da' meanings....... Does 'da' mean yes if and only if you are True if and only if B is Random?

Xrow

March 17, 2011, 09:41:53 PM #16 Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 09:44:49 PM by Xrow
Quote from: Faith on March 17, 2011, 09:36:42 PM
How fail..... You all fail to realize that you won't know who you're talking to on the first question. Therefore if you actually find out who the true god is, ask them the question on the 3rd question and you'll have the answer....

I'm done with this puzzle as people are to arrogant to see this puzzle the way it is.

There is truth and then there is the perception of it.

1. Stop being condescending, your answer was far more false than either mine or Allies.

2. It doesn't matter if you know who your talking to, the question "If I were to ask, 'does ja mean true?,' would you say 'ja?' " is meant to find out. The only way that question could be beaten is if I was asking Random. In that case, I would change the question to: "If I were to ask you, 'Does ja mean true if and only if A is true, and if and only if B is false, and if and only if C is random,' would you say 'ja?' "

Either way, you should stop being condescending - in my opinion, your answer was the product of laziness.

Faith

March 17, 2011, 09:50:44 PM #17 Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 10:00:11 PM by Faith
This puzzle is very simple to me, I'm sorry if it's complicated to other people but thats not my problem. This puzzle is meant to twist the boundaries of logic, and make you think of multiple ways to ask questions that give the correct answer. Either way, this puzzle is completely up to chance, so there is no 100% way to get only one right answer.

Edit: And as a explanation to your rather stupid statement, you can assume the answers, up until you find out who the truthful god is, then you can ask the question. So in reality, you must assume which answer means what so you can find out which god is which. So you can find out the right answer. There is no real way to solve this without assuming something for however short a time.

Bounty

Quote from: Faith on March 17, 2011, 09:50:44 PM
This puzzle is very simple to me, I'm sorry if it's complicated to other people but thats not my problem. This puzzle is meant to twist the boundaries of logic, and make you think of multiple ways to ask questions that give the correct answer. Either way, this puzzle is completely up to chance, so there is no 100% way to get only one right answer.

Edit: And as a explanation to your rather stupid statement, you can assume the answers, up until you find out who the truthful god is, then you can ask the question. So in reality, you must assume which answer means what so you can find out which god is which. So you can find out the right answer. There is no real way to solve this without assuming something for however short a time.

Woah. Faith, Your back?

|**** a bitch - Respect a women - Love a lady|

Xrow

March 18, 2011, 01:10:47 AM #19 Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 01:14:57 AM by Xrow
Quote from: Faith on March 17, 2011, 09:50:44 PM
This puzzle is very simple to me, I'm sorry if it's complicated to other people but thats not my problem. You got the puzzle wrong o.O.. This puzzle is meant to twist the boundaries of logic How does it twist the laws of logic.., and make you think of multiple ways to ask questions that give the correct answer Duh. I know thinking is tough, but you can do it!. Either way, this puzzle is completely up to chance, so there is no 100% way to get only one right answer. Of course there is. You are simply too lazy to discover this answer, hence your easy-way-out assumption that 'ja' means 'yes' and that 'da' means 'no.'

Edit: And as a explanation to your rather stupid statement, you can assume the answers, up until you find out who the truthful god is, then you can ask the question. You just displayed an unbelievable skewed view of logic. I don't know if you realized this or not, but both the truthful god and the false god are truthful. If you don't understand what I mean, I'd love to explain it for you. So in reality, you must assume which answer means what so you can find out which god is which. Assuming what answer means what doesn't tell you anything o.O. And in reality, it leads you astray. You assumed that ja means yes and that da means no. If its the other way around, then you have just successfully made yourself look like an idiot. On top of this, if you ask all three of your questions under your aforementioned assumption, and your assumption was wrong, then wallah - you are both out of questions AND wrong. So you can find out the right answer. There is no real way to solve this without assuming something for however short a time. Untrue, but okay.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-