May 18, 2024, 03:06:08 AMLatest Member: Chacer1
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » Cookys Movies Thread

Cookys Movies Thread

Started by Cooky, January 07, 2014, 11:15:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooky

Use this thread to talk about movies!

You can review a movie you have just seen or just talk about movies. Ask someone for advice on what movie to watch or give a recommendation.  Have fun!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll start it off

Today I just saw the movie 'Carrie' (2013) and I really liked it. It was boring in some parts but there was enough drama to keep me interested. There was also some silly plot holes I noticed. I would recommend it though but it might not be for everyone. Its labeled a horror movie for its theme but there is really no scary parts at all, literally none. I knew how it was going to end but still enjoyed it. Also the one girl is really hot. I give 3.5/5 Stars.

opuiq3

Can it be a series?

Series: My Little Pony

Movie: SpongeBob the Movie

^yw allie

Iridion

Quote from: Cooky on January 07, 2014, 11:15:27 AM
Use this thread to talk about movies!

You can review a movie you have just seen or just talk about movies. Ask someone for advice on what movie to watch or give a recommendation.  Have fun!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll start it off

Today I just saw the movie 'Carrie' (2013) and I really liked it. It was boring in some parts but there was enough drama to keep me interested. There was also some silly plot holes I noticed. I would recommend it though but it might not be for everyone. Its labeled a horror movie for its theme but there is really no scary parts at all, literally none. I knew how it was going to end but still enjoyed it. Also the one girl is really hot. I give 3.5/5 Stars.

chloe + pig blood? loooool must see

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

Xzibit

Experiences

Series i like: Supernatural, scrubs, avatar, the little piece of walking that i have seen, how i met your mother, simpsons, family guy.

A FEW of movies i like: I'm in love with the hobbit and lord of the ring series and also all harry potter movies.

IGN: Rapidash/Experiences/Expeh.
=-Lvl 270-=

opuiq3

January 07, 2014, 04:37:09 PM #7 Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 04:39:16 PM by opuiq3
Quote from: Experiences on January 07, 2014, 03:59:02 PM
Series i like: Supernatural, scrubs, avatar, the little piece of walking that i have seen, how i met your mother, simpsons, family guy.

A FEW of movies i like: I'm in love with the hobbit and lord of the ring series and also all harry potter movies.

Quote from: Xzibit on January 07, 2014, 04:06:50 PM
Quote from: opuiq3 on January 07, 2014, 03:44:41 PM
Quote from: Xzibit on January 07, 2014, 03:25:41 PM
Quote from: opuiq3 on January 07, 2014, 03:14:14 PM
My Little Pony

u would
Yes, problem?

not one as bad as yours
That's your opinion.
I also agree with Exp I love all those movies and series except for Supernautral and scrubs

^yw allie

Godz

Quote from: Cooky on January 07, 2014, 11:15:27 AM
The one girl is really hot.
His talking about the girl in kickass!

Rebuck

I like everything that haves to do with horror or murder or anything like that  ::)

Cooky

me and yz gonna watch The Hills Have Eyes  together   :D

I already seen it a long time ago but he hasn't

Selene

Two of my favorite romantic movies would have to be -

The Notebook (first)
Sliver Linings Playbook

JetSurge

Who did that!?

Experiences

A friend showed me ''Letters to juliet'' once. Really nice movie.

=-Lvl 270-=

Godz

Quote from: Cooky on January 07, 2014, 10:19:35 PM

Can I join you guys.

Cooky

Quote from: Godz on January 08, 2014, 12:04:43 AM

Can I join you guys.

no sorry

I don't even know when we gonna watch it lol

Iridion

thats how we roll maddie

Xx Itz Ian

Quote from: Godz on January 08, 2014, 12:04:43 AM

Can I join you guys.

Yes you can it will be a double date, Cooky and Godz with Yz and Shass
League of Legends:
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=ianv
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=smurf+leblanc
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=qqdz

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  Xx ItZ Ian
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Cooky

Quote from: Xx Itz Ian on January 08, 2014, 03:00:16 PM
Yes you can it will be a double date, Cooky and Godz with Yz and Shass

no

please stay on topic   :(

JetSurge

One of my favorites as a kid:
(click to show/hide)

Don't lie, you know you wanted one of these:
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

8)
Who did that!?

MedicaL

Cooky

Iridion

thats how we roll maddie

Cooky

Quote from: Iridion on January 09, 2014, 11:15:14 AM
Quote from: Cooky on January 09, 2014, 05:31:13 AM
what movie is that JetSurge
first spoiler u know

it was cut off on my screen and I didn't notice the scroll bar

Iridion

Quote from: Cooky on January 09, 2014, 11:17:46 AM
Quote from: Iridion on January 09, 2014, 11:15:14 AM
Quote from: Cooky on January 09, 2014, 05:31:13 AM
what movie is that JetSurge
first spoiler u know

it was cut off on my screen and I didn't notice the scroll bar

such things can happen, theres no need to explain yourself
:-*

thats how we roll maddie

qolderman

IGN: Caustic

^thanks cooky <3
Quote from: Cooky on August 03, 2014, 12:05:07 AM
whats wrong with eating a sock

Iridion

thats how we roll maddie

opuiq3

I also enjoyed Man of Steel and I recently watched Pacific Rim which was okay

^yw allie

RangerZ

3 Idiots , Spiderman 1,2,3 , jurassic park 1,2,3

JetSurge

Cooky, if you haven't seen it watch Donnie Darko. It's a good film with a decent twist.
(click to show/hide)
Who did that!?

Cooky

Quote from: JetSurge on January 10, 2014, 07:06:41 PM
Cooky, if you haven't seen it watch Donnie Darko. It's a good film with a decent twist.
(click to show/hide)

I've seen bits and pieces including the ending so I don't really feel like watching the whole thing  but I know its good  :P

Cooky

today I saw Taken and Taken 2

the first one is way better and one of my favorites but the 2nd one is just ok

now im going to watch the movie 'Escape Plan'

DevilzDemise

January 18, 2014, 04:33:37 AM #32 Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 04:43:22 AM by DevilzDemise
Personally like all films. I watch alot of films. However, the most recent cinema outing i watched "The hobbit: Desolation of Smaug". Personally enjoyed it, as i'm all about mystical creatures and imo you'd have to off watched the lord of the rings series, to get the plot to the whole thing. But it's easy enough too make out what's going on if it's first of the series if chosen to watch. I like the fact, how the sequel fits into the picture of the (past) but future films. Dislike, the fact off the cliffhanger at the end which is irritating as you have to wait months before watching it, by the time it comes out you have too re-watch the previous one just to build you back up again. Another film i'd recommend would be "Gridiron gang" loved it as a kid, still re-watch it from time to time. The blind side, was a good true-story movie based upon a guy who is big-built lives in the hood, ends up being taken on by a white mother and get's into american football. Also, liked Dear John, which was a emotional, heart warming film. Did recently watch "bully" and "50/50" on Netflix, bully being about a young girl who get's the privilege of being allowed a laptop for her birthday and get's cyber bullied and it's all about her story and how she tries to kill herself, which a good turn out ending which i won't spoil in case you decide to watch it. "50/50" is a film about a guy, who finds out he has cancer, worse to the point his comes home after having cancer to find out his wife has been cheating on him. Was a touching film once again, and enjoyed most parts of it. As mentioned in previous posts Jet, treasure planet was one of my childhood films alongside "The Iron Giant" and "bicentennial man" as-well as "short-circuit" series... wow i could ramble on forever....

I can't remember the name of this one, but it was quite an emotional one as you know when you watch movies and you sit their comparing them to your own life? well never-mind if not, i think is was called "Angel dog" or something along the lines. But never the less, was about a man and his family, his family decide to go away on holiday however he has to work the day before they leave for holiday this stray dog turns up. On the way home from the trip his family die, and he is left distraught lost all his family and kids, however the one person to survive was the dog. It's all about how the dog helped to rehabilitate his life, and help him get back on his feet.

Pacific Rim, was like previously mentioned "okay" i remember going too the cinema with my Grandad & Uncle to go see it. Was a quick into film, lots of action so there wasn't any waiting around, so you keep into it. But yeah, i will add more to the films list as i think and remember my memory isn't as good as it use too be aha. But there is just a couple, il try widen the genre type of films as i write more.

Tv series; Like movies, i watched series upon series of different t.v shows most cancelled after 1st season, due to test runs. Not going to go into detail but if you want to know more, or want to know if it's worth watching feel free to ask: The 4400, The Walking Dead, Hereos, Alphas, Continuum, Defiance, Family guy, American Dad, The cleveland show, Robot Chicken, Simpsons, Scrubs, Friends, Breaking Bad, Misfits, Only fools and horses, X-files, Star-Trek, Stargate, Malcolm in the middle, Naruto, Avatar:The last airbender, Game of thrones, Arrow, Smallville, Buffy the vampire slayer, The big bang thoery, the vampire diaries, Supernatural, NCIS, Once upon a time, True blood, Doctor who, Sherlock, Revolution, Warehouse 13, Under the dome, Marvel's agent's of shield,  Touch, Haven, The almighty johnsons (will add more when i can think of them mind's gone blank..)

JetSurge

(click to show/hide)

Holy crap devilz, you got a little carried away lol.
Who did that!?

DevilzDemise

Quote from: JetSurge on January 18, 2014, 04:46:00 AM
(click to show/hide)

Holy crap devilz, you got a little carried away lol.

;). Been up since 2a.m and couldn't sleep.... so just finding stuff to occupy my time til the showings for our house are done later on today then i can get back in bed. Got 5 viewings today from 11a.m onwards. Going to edit and make a list of movies i've watched too add to it when i can be bothered ha

MedicaL

Saw Frozen the other day.
Too much amazing.

Cooky

if anyone wants to see a movie for free I can probably find it for you just send me a pm

Cooky

January 28, 2014, 04:14:49 AM #38 Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 06:41:16 AM by Cooky
right now I am starting the movie Hunger Games Catching Fire  :o

pm me for link

edit:  the movie was great! very good and I cant wait to see the sequel

Pokeh

I saw inception the other day for the first time. a little overrated, I'd say.

Cooky

Quote from: Pokeh on January 28, 2014, 03:06:13 PM

WHAT

NO

UNDERRATED

Cooky

Inception is easily the most genius film of all time

Here Poke I want you to watch this

Authors@Google: Kyle Johnson 'Inception and Philosophy'

Iridion

Quote from: kulvinder on January 28, 2014, 04:57:07 PM
Quote from: Pokeh on January 28, 2014, 03:06:13 PM
:o
It's a really cool movie, I would give it 9 out of 19 stars.
i still didnt watch inception
will do tho

thats how we roll maddie

Pokeh

Quote from: Cooky on January 28, 2014, 04:58:56 PM
Inception is easily the most genius film of all time

Here Poke I want you to watch this

Authors@Google: Kyle Johnson 'Inception and Philosophy'

Meh. The story and idea were brilliant. But there was no explanation for shit like the "dream machine" in that suitcase and other shit. The ending was too easy to predict, etc.

8.5/10, would watch again.

Iridion

did anyone see the great gatsby? i loved it
i really liked how it peaks with the love story then it dramatically goes down
inb4 iri ur a *****!

thats how we roll maddie

Cooky

Quote from: Pokeh on January 28, 2014, 05:53:50 PM
Meh. The story and idea were brilliant. But there was no explanation for **** like the "dream machine" in that suitcase and other ****. The ending was too easy to predict, etc.

ending too easy to predict? LOL

you didn't watch the video  >:(   watch it!!  will blow your mind

Pokeh

Holy shyt. Time to re-watch the movie..

Cooky

Pokeh

The main thing that got to me was the music. (lol what a surprise) after that it was stuff like Mals death across a different hotel platform and the brilliant ending. The subtle details like the phone number/password were mind blowing as well (when displayed on the taxi, train, etc) and the fact that the movie was exactly as long as the song, but in hours instead of minutes.

One of the best movies I've ever seen.

-Speedy-

Quote from: Iridion on January 28, 2014, 05:55:52 PM
inb4 iri ur a *****!
The Great Gatsby is so great. I mean they do a little to much drugs and stuff, but overall it was very entertaining.

#1 *Sector Nub*
-Speedy-, Speedy II, Speedy III

Experiences

Quote from: -Speedy- on January 28, 2014, 10:11:33 PM
Quote from: Iridion on January 28, 2014, 05:55:52 PM
inb4 iri ur a *****!
The Great Gatsby is so great. I mean they do a little to much drugs and stuff, but overall it was very entertaining.

Amazing movie. It's really good.

=-Lvl 270-=

Cooky

Quote from: Pokeh on January 28, 2014, 10:10:05 PM
The main thing that got to me was the music. (lol what a surprise) after that it was stuff like Mals death across a different hotel platform and the brilliant ending. The subtle details like the phone number/password were mind blowing as well (when displayed on the taxi, train, etc) and the fact that the movie was exactly as long as the song, but in hours instead of minutes.

haha so I take it u don't think its overrated anymore?  ;D

-Speedy-

Quote from: Selene on January 07, 2014, 10:37:27 PM
Two of my favorite romantic movies would have to be -

The Notebook (first)
Sliver Linings Playbook
Silver Linings Playbook is honestly one of my favorite movies. It was very funny because i went with my family to see it and my uncle who at the time was getting a divorce. Everything in that movie was happening him to in real life other then him beating the guy up that was with his wife.

#1 *Sector Nub*
-Speedy-, Speedy II, Speedy III

Pokeh

Quote from: Cooky on January 28, 2014, 10:53:44 PM
Quote from: Pokeh on January 28, 2014, 10:10:05 PM

haha so I take it u don't think its overrated anymore?  ;D

Nah. I'd say it's evenly rated. The hype behind it actually payed off. It wasn't over or underrated.

Cooky

Quote from: Pokeh on January 29, 2014, 02:50:55 AM
Nah. I'd say it's evenly rated. The hype behind it actually payed off. It wasn't over or underrated.

aha well alright

im glad I showed u that video though 

Pokeh

123bomb123

Shutter Island relates to Inception doesn't it?
IGN: MisterZ

ZeaL - Rank 1 in antagonizing, just
because.

Rub me out like genies, won't concede til I'm graffiti
Quote from: Yz on January 14, 2012, 06:48:35 PM
mrz is like top 40 and would probly be like
"fuk yeh n00bs im god bow to god''

mygodZzZ

If it have to be a serial then: Bleach!

Best movie I saw till now was: World War Z! Best movie I've ever saw!

Cooky

Yesterday I saw 3 movies

Cube (the original)
Cube 2: Hypercube  (the sequel)
Cube Zero (the prequel)

If you liked the SAW series then you might like this, but its not as good. The people wake up in a cube and they are trapped and they gotta find a way to escape and theres traps and stuff etc. Hypercube is like the same thing just different people and a different cube. Cube Zero gives some back story on the cube and stuff.

The first one (Cube) is the best for sure, the 2nd one kinda sucked, but Cube Zero was not bad

Then today I watched Shutter Island cus 123bomb123 mentioned it and I really loved it, was a great thrilling movie. The ending didn't surprise me too much, I kind of saw it coming, otherwise it could have been one of my favorites of all time.

DevilzDemise

On that note: Going cinema this weekend *fingers crossed money comes in*, too go see "I, Frankenstein" i'll tell you how it goes when i've been!

Cooky

today I saw the movie 'Gravity'   I was really disappointed with it, some parts I was just bored watching it

and it was really short (only hour and a half)

didn't even like the ending

Iridion

Quote from: Cooky on March 01, 2014, 10:44:05 PM
today I saw the movie 'Gravity'   I was really disappointed with it, some parts I was just bored watching it

and it was really short (only hour and a half)

didn't even like the ending
it was full of scientific mistakes

thats how we roll maddie

Cooky

May 26, 2014, 01:00:47 AM #62 Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 01:18:05 AM by Cooky
today I saw the movie 'non-stop'  its an action drama movie about a plane hijacking but its like a mystery until the end (you don't know whats really going on) and it had me on the edge of my seat

I found the end slightly disappointing, because I was expecting something more dramatic  but theres really only so many possibilities for a plane hijacking

I give the movie a good rating because I was entertained the whole time and I like the actor Liam Neeson

ghostkid17

Quote from: Cooky on May 26, 2014, 01:00:47 AM
today I saw the movie 'non-stop'  its an action drama movie about a plain hijacking but its like a mystery until the end (you don't know whats really going on) and it had me on the edge of my seat

I found the end slightly disappointing, because I was expecting something more dramatic  but theres really only so many possibilities for a plane hijacking

I give the movie a good rating because I was entertained the whole time and I like the actor Liam Neeson

I was about to see this is theaters then randomly decided to not.
-Oreos-
Quote from: Materger
I am now an Oreos fan!
Quote from: Allie
Oreos was a failed project.

leapman

<br />http://mrbreadmaker.ga<br /><br />SC: breadstickmaker<br />EGK #Aphrodite<br />

Cooky

Quote from: leapman on June 25, 2014, 11:31:23 PM
Anybody going to see transformers this week?  :o

I probly wont

its just not the same without megan fox or an equally attractive supermodel  :(

leapman

I'm really big into martial art movies one I recently saw was raid 2 which was about a guy named "Rama" who goes undercover to bring down the corruption within the justice system (Cops, detectives, etc.) I really like this movie it was very different from the many others I've watched. The fighting was well choreographed and the plot was amazing though you really have to pay attention to the subtitles. There are a lot of twist and turns that you have to really pay attention too so be careful not to get mind ****ed. Raid 2 though is a very gory and obscene film so if you have a weak stomach I suggest not catching this one. Cringe inducing indeed.

The Raid 2: Berandal Official Trailer #1 (2014) Crime-Thriller HD
<br />http://mrbreadmaker.ga<br /><br />SC: breadstickmaker<br />EGK #Aphrodite<br />

Cooky

just watched the new comedy 'Bad Words'

its where a 40 year old guy finds a loophole in the spelling bee rules and tries to win against all the kids, and all the parents get mad etc

it was funny, it had its moments, but for me it was just an ok movie simply because you just knew how it was going to turn out, there wasn't really many directions they could go with it (though there is a neat twist at the end).

I would recommend to friends and say its 'pretty funny'

BlackStickre

Why do you keep making these ****ing useless spamming topics that you get nothing with?
****ing ****s ima tired of all these y0l0 topics and idk w/e u keep making just quit already lawl

mic99

Quote from: BlackStickre on July 01, 2014, 04:34:26 PM
Why do you keep making these ****ing useless spamming topics that you get nothing with?
****ing ****s ima tired of all these y0l0 topics and idk w/e u keep making just quit already lawl

wat. There's literally nothing wrong with this topic.

Saying this topic sucks when it has 5 pages of replies, and was made early January seems utterly retarded.

On topic: Yea, the movie Gravity wasn't all I expected it to be. It wasn't bad, but as Ian said it was filled with scientific mistakes.

Yz

don't keep looking for fights on a messageboard son it's an ugly trait
DISCORD killyzkill

Meteor

There are so many other topics where you could have said that and you choose this one. What the hell.

(click to show/hide)

FalseProphet

lol @BlackStickre

But anyhow..

Watched X-Men:DOFP Personally as a film i liked it, based upon the story line it had it's pro's and con's like how they managed to re-write
(click to show/hide)
but disliked how it was the sort of scenario where it was just
(click to show/hide)

But before i could watch this my other half actually had the better say and say The Other Woman, which in all fairness isn't a bad film was a good laugh and comedy personally 6/10.

I don't want to see the new Transformers but only for Michael Bay's snotty remark about the actors and the film itself expressing as i heard, was that he doesn't have intentions on making a great movie anymore if the actors aren't putting in the effort as he knows people will still see it for it's name. But i am one of these fools who will see it.

Going to the cinema again soon, but will update again soon.
"Time Heals Almost Everything, Give The Time, Some Time"
IGN: LordBubba / Bubbabear ^^ / FalseProphet

Quote"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-