May 11, 2024, 08:12:43 AMLatest Member: Stephendop
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other BoutCheetah Stuff » Feedback/Rants » Disappointed

Disappointed

Started by Gramps, July 01, 2012, 05:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GavinGill

Quote from: zepher2211 on July 02, 2012, 04:30:15 AM
I mean you could do it, but you'd upset a huge portion of the community, I'm saying that if this had been done long ago, it'd work a lot better.
Simple solution: Split GP into season's/sagas/etc. The current GP would go into the ranks as the first season's standings, then we reset everyone's GP and that starts the second season. People would still be able to see their GP from the first season by checking the rankings. It would still be there so there'd be no reason for anyone to be mad about the reset.
-----

Quote from: zepher2211 on July 02, 2012, 03:58:10 AM
Counter proposal: GP is based on sector, sector is based on amount of time spent on it, and the skill with which you can do it, so shouldn't the principle of the matter be that members have worked for their gp in some form or another, so no matter where they go they shouldn't lose it, lest you say that work never happened
No, that's bull. That defeats the entire purpose of the competitive guild system that was programmed into the game. Quitting a guild is supposed to be a sacrifice, you have to lose something to prevent people from just randomly guild hopping. =/

Quote from: zepher2211 on July 02, 2012, 04:09:50 AMI'd point to a game called Pandora Saga as having a guild system that's admirable, all gp gained by members is basically owned by the guild as a whole so no matter who quits the gp remains with the guild. It cuts guild drama/politics a lot because no one needs to fight over members, if a member leaves, then a member leaves, no big deal.
Running a guild is supposed to take skill. Pandora Saga's system doesn't take very much skill at all given your description of it. You're supposed to be able to keep a guild together and only select a loyal few to join you, if you're not able to keep everyone together - you face the consequences. ie. a loss in GP. If there's no penalty for leaving, then there's absolutely no challenge.

When this game was created, it was designed with 5 competitive aspects in mind:

Sector - alive (5/5)

BvB - dead. (4/5 left)

PvP - dead. (3/5 left)

The competitive market/economy -  dead. (2/5 left)

Guilds - dying (1/5 left)

Allie and Redeyes can't expect to maintain a game when only 1/5th of it is left standing. Who's going to want to play a game like that for an extended period of time? There's a reason the playersbase has dwindled down to so little, and it's because their's absolutely no challenge. None. At all. I stopped playing this game for over a year, I came back, and even on my level 10 I'm able to beat people that are over 10 times my level. Not because I'm good, I'm terrible compared to the average BOTS!! Acclaim player atm (rust D:), but because there's no competition here that challenges people to improve.

This entire game was designed with competitiveness at it's core, but it's shit like this that's stripping all that away. B.Cheetah had the potential to be even bigger than the original BOTS!!. We had an active staff team, the updates were player driven, we had total control over the game, etc. Everything was in our favor. But did we last? Nope. We had a large playerbase at the start while the game was competitive but when the game became les and less challenging as the days went by, people got bored and left.

The guild system is one of the few remaining reasons why people still play this game. Ruin that, and this game won't last. Hell, it isn't lasting. If we want to save this game, we need go back to how things were when we all fell in love with BOTS!! and make things challenging again. And fixing the GP issue is the first step.

"You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is
done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."

Gramps

All hail the green god of bots related stuff ;)

^^meaty, muncay, zom & kenny <3

Xx Itz Ian

greenman for admin!!
League of Legends:
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=ianv
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=smurf+leblanc
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=qqdz

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  Xx ItZ Ian
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Yz

Quote from: grant746 on July 02, 2012, 02:47:16 AM
aeon is gonna die.. lol

lol wtf gtfo it's 50/50 and has like 5 people on waiting list with no inactives .-.

read a few tl;dr's. Gavin's post right up here ^^ is best post I see on thread x_O Guilds are the only reason I play. I'm all for a reset, it'd suck to lose the last week of no-lifing I did but it's wut's best for the game in the end imo :3
DISCORD killyzkill

hawk5005

July 02, 2012, 07:30:56 AM #79 Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 07:31:29 AM by hawk5005
Restarting the GPs would bring back competition.
If you want to start a guild nowadays and you want it to be famous, you practically have no chance.
I mean look at the first 3 guilds for example, they have so many GPs that smaller guilds won't even bother trying to get close to them.
Resetting all the GPs would also give newer guilds a chance to stand out, would bring older and newer players to the game for the competition, to be #1.
It would be great if once every few months this would happen, the GPs would be reset, and everyone would compete once again to be #1.
This could also happen to the base rankings, the pvp rankings, the sector rankings and so on.
A reward could also be given, but being #1 in the rankings is enough for most of us.

NeoKiller

July 02, 2012, 07:37:52 AM #80 Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 07:43:32 AM by NeoKiller
Guild rankings resetting idea along with no GP moving ftw !!
Once you leave a guild your GP is lost forever, if you rejoin the same guild you restart at 0.
That's how it was in BOTS!!, that's how it is everywhere, and that's how it should be here.

Yz

Quote from: hawk5005 on July 02, 2012, 07:30:56 AM
Restarting the GPs would bring back competition.
If you want to start a guild nowadays and you want it to be famous, you practically have no chance.
I mean look at the first 3 guilds for example, they have so many GPs that smaller guilds won't even bother trying to get close to them.
Resetting all the GPs would also give newer guilds a chance to stand out, would bring older and newer players to the game for the competition, to be #1.
It would be great if once every few months this would happen, the GPs would be reset, and everyone would compete once again to be #1.
This could also happen to the base rankings, the pvp rankings, the sector rankings and so on.
A reward could also be given, but being #1 in the rankings is enough for most of us.

Damn that's a good point, I know for a fact people would love to come back and have a 2nd chance...
DISCORD killyzkill

rettknight

I totally agree with you gavin, I was shocked when at level 90 I beated a lvl 221 in PvP, it was like what? not alot of players offer a challenge like they did back then in BOTS. :/ I'm totally agree with the season 2 idea as long as characters aren't lost, like, guilds and stuff should get cleaned ffs it would make things better

IGN: RetKiss | Ret | | -Ret- | Gora

123bomb123

Make the max guild members 20. All I'm asking.
IGN: MisterZ

ZeaL - Rank 1 in antagonizing, just
because.

Rub me out like genies, won't concede til I'm graffiti
Quote from: Yz on January 14, 2012, 06:48:35 PM
mrz is like top 40 and would probly be like
"fuk yeh n00bs im god bow to god''

rettknight

Quote from: 123bomb123 on July 02, 2012, 12:13:52 PM
Make the max guild members 20. All I'm asking.
Don't think that'd be the best idea, starting over and making the capacity -30 will make some ppl mad, I kinda miss the 20 capacitybecause being in a guild would mean something more important than when you're in a 50/50 but still change is for gud so whatever comes i'll be cuul with it.

KillerPig

in singapore niqs  8)

wait so is gramps quitting or wat

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

123bomb123

Quote from: KillerPig on July 02, 2012, 01:42:32 PM
in singapore niqs  8)

wait so is gramps quitting or wat
texan in singapore. Read thread you poke.
IGN: MisterZ

ZeaL - Rank 1 in antagonizing, just
because.

Rub me out like genies, won't concede til I'm graffiti
Quote from: Yz on January 14, 2012, 06:48:35 PM
mrz is like top 40 and would probly be like
"fuk yeh n00bs im god bow to god''

Pokeh

-20 players max
-Reset guild rankings every 1 year on a fixed date. At the end, the top 3 guilds get some crazy ass ungiftable flags or some shit.
-Allow a bigger variation for gp attainability. **** sector, what about PvP/BvB? It shouldn't just be for "FUN LOL" cuz obviously that isn't working and bs is kind of a worthless prize atm. Allow gp to be obtained from PvP/BvB along with other stuff. Make it different from Sector where there's a goal to obtain while having fun. Something that Sectorers could get if they PvP'd, and something that non-pvp/bvbers could do without. (idk random ass item like b.s or maybe drops in pvp .__.')

GavinGill

Wasn't it 30 member on BOTS!!? Maybe we could reduce the limit by 5 ever 1-2 weeks to sort of ease into it. We could announce it in advance to give guikds time to sort things out.

"You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is
done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."

rettknight

Quote from: GavinGill on July 02, 2012, 08:29:06 PM
Wasn't it 30 member on BOTS!!? Maybe we could reduce the limit by 5 ever 1-2 weeks to sort of ease into it. We could announce it in advance to give guikds time to sort things out.
I thought t was 20, maybe that was default

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-