May 12, 2024, 01:49:39 AMLatest Member: irre3841
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Spam » what makes you atheist

what makes you atheist

Started by Bombz, December 04, 2013, 11:41:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bombz

I was reading this: http://boutcheetah.zylongaming.com/index.php?topic=21730.0 very interesting indeed (i am christian ;p)

and I have a question

what is it that makes you people (you know who you are lol) atheists? y u no believe in god? you MUST see it to believe it? just asking I am very curious to what you people think  :o

btw that sound recording is fake for all who didn't knew.. lol

(not shoving my beliefs down ppl's throat just wanna know)

Bombz

Quote from: Dannii on December 04, 2013, 11:47:13 AM
You remind me of the people who knocked on my door yesterday asking what I think about god and all that **** ::)
Don't believe, never will, no reason to.

ok thats cool I just wanna know

Cooky

I never really got into religions and stuff

hawk5005

All things can be explained through science, there is no need to create a superior being to explain events. God was created by people to explain things they could not explain in that time, however the more we scientifically advance, the less becomes the need to justify events through a superior being.
It was created to give the hope of an after-life, and a way to live your life. "If there is a God then you will be judged based on your doings", in the past that meant a lot to everyone.
At least that's my opinion.

ghostkid17

There are terrible things in this world, would a god let that happen? Also as grim said stuff can be proven through science.
-Oreos-
Quote from: Materger
I am now an Oreos fan!
Quote from: Allie
Oreos was a failed project.

Allie

....what makes you religious?
what makes you believe in something that you have never seen, never been directly affected by, and refuses to acknowledge your/his existence?
what makes you believe the imaginary? is a book word from god simply because it was written before the dawn of technology?
what is your explanation of purpose, if there is a god that created us, then left us to die in agony, would he therefore be evil? if so, is he worthy of your worship?

Cooky

Quote from: Allie on December 04, 2013, 11:58:45 AM
what makes you believe in something that you have never seen, never been directly affected by, and refuses to acknowledge your/his existence?
what makes you believe the imaginary? is a book word from god simply because it was written before the dawn of technology?
what is your explanation of purpose, if there is a god that created us, then left us to die in agony, would he therefore be evil? if so, is he worthy of your worship?

yeah

but the whole 'left us to die, would he be evil?' part doesn't really make sense cus I think most religious people believe this life is a test to get into heaven so that explains that

Experiences

There is no proof that this god acually is real. Also almost everything can be explained trough science. Science is more logical In my eyes. Only believed it when i was a kid. If there was a god, where was he when i needed him? Nowhere. God makes no sense for me.

IGN: Rapidash/Experiences/Expeh.
=-Lvl 270-=

Allie

Quote from: Cooky on December 04, 2013, 12:03:47 PM
but the whole 'left us to die, would he be evil?' part doesn't really make sense cus I think most religious people believe this life is a test to get into heaven

I have never heard this before. Interesting story.

would it therefore be fair for a god, omniscient in everyway, to bring us here, put us through agonizing trials, then sentencing us to hell for not believing a thousand year old fairytale, without making us aware we're in a trial at all?

Cooky

Quote from: Allie on December 04, 2013, 12:05:57 PM
would it therefore be fair for a god, omniscient in everyway, to bring us here, put us through agonizing trials, then sentencing us to hell for not believing a thousand year old fairytale, without making us aware we're in a trial at all?

no that seems unfair

Santa

The only reason people believe in religion so much is because their parents forced them to attend church/etc their whole lives, so they became accustomed to it.  However, I believe religion is dying off with the new generations of people.  Nobody has cash to give around in those little church bowls anymore.

JustRK

Quote from: Allie on December 04, 2013, 12:05:57 PM
Quote from: Cooky on December 04, 2013, 12:03:47 PM
but the whole 'left us to die, would he be evil?' part doesn't really make sense cus I think most religious people believe this life is a test to get into heaven

I have never heard this before. Interesting story.

I asked this once and I was told people are just supposed to carry out their lives with enough faith to believe it'll amount to something should one follow by their respective rules / commandments.

anyway, I'm agnostic. I believe there's something out there (not to be worshiped or anything though) and that life & luck are what you personally make of it. I refuse to waste my time asking some sort of god for a hand out when in reality people are just going to say "he works through you or other people" and I could have just made it happen regardless.

hur9

Bombz

very interesting opinions

Quote from: Allie on December 04, 2013, 11:58:45 AM

Allie, there is no reason to answer/explain this, as i will get shot down by science!!

Allie

There is no reasonable way to answer/explain it.
They are rhetorical, unanswerable questions that all faith-believers sidestep and think faith explains for them.

There are two religions, as far as I'm concerned. The religion that believes kindergarten logic, and the religion that believes doctor seuss.

Santa

Quote from: Allie on December 04, 2013, 12:24:00 PM
They are rhetorical, unanswerable questions that all faith-believers sidestep and think faith explains for them.

There are two religions, as far as I'm concerned. The religion that believes kindergarten logic, and the religion that believes doctor seuss.

I believe in religion.  But, it's basically a religion for terrorism, that's how I want to go out!!  Give me a plane and I'll make good use of it when i'm 90!!!

Santa

Quote from: kulvinder on December 04, 2013, 12:28:41 PM
The next generation will be a gen of atheists.

Not really.  They will just not care about anything religion related.  Most of them won't even say their athiest because they wont give 2 shits about anything religious.  Schools are basically ending religion altogether, which imo is a good thing.

Bombz

Quote from: Allie on December 04, 2013, 12:24:00 PM

I will just tell you in pm's :s

hawk5005

Schools in here are forcing their religion in the youth. I've had 4 religion teachers (which is a class you must attend), and they all had epiphanies and told us about the miracles they have witnessed.

Quote from: JustRK on December 04, 2013, 12:17:22 PM
anyway, I'm agnostic.
Yes! Another one!

Allie

Quote from: hawk5005 on December 04, 2013, 12:33:25 PM
Schools in here are forcing their religion in the youth. I've had 4 religion teachers (which is a class you must attend), and they all had epiphanies and told us about the miracles they have witnessed.

why.
why did i not get these classes.
i would spend each and everyday calling their bullshit, oh dear it'd be a great time.

hawk5005

Quote from: Allie on December 04, 2013, 12:34:32 PM
why.
i would spend each and everyday calling their bull****, oh dear it'd be a great time.
It's not as great as you may think.
They won't accept any other opinion, and will get you in trouble for "disrespectful behavior".

Allie

Quote from: hawk5005 on December 04, 2013, 12:36:47 PM
Quote from: Allie on December 04, 2013, 12:34:32 PM
why.
i would spend each and everyday calling their bull****, oh dear it'd be a great time.
It's not as great as you may think.
They won't accept any other opinion, and will get you in trouble for "disrespectful behavior".

I've gotten in plenty of trouble for "disrespectful behaviour" in school.
I make people accept my opinion. Even if they hate the **** out of me for it.
It would absolutely be as great as I think. I harassed one of my teachers enough that she had me forcibly change classes.
;|

Bombz

locking nice to hear from all of u unless more people want to post their opinions lol

Bombz

Quote from: Dannii on December 04, 2013, 01:10:08 PM
Bye

(click to show/hide)

;D

qolderman

I believe in god
im christian too ;p
IGN: Caustic

^thanks cooky <3
Quote from: Cooky on August 03, 2014, 12:05:07 AM
whats wrong with eating a sock

Bombz

Reviax

This thread doesn't seem like spam so I won't post anything stupid. (for now)

The answers on the first page are more or less what I would have said. I just can't believe something there's absolutely zero proof of.

Purple

I'm agnostic.

There isn't any proof of god, but saying that there isn't any proof isn't a valid reason for why god doesn't exist. I don't necessarily think god doesn't exist, but I haven't exactly seen anything that makes me believe / want to believe in god.

^**** im special xd

Bombz

Cooky

daluzman123

Scientology will be the end of us.

Pokeh

Science doesn't explain jack shit in the grand scheme of things.

The stuff we do know is flawed or unsupported theory for the most part. It just makes more sense than anything religious and it's considered more"modern and straight forward" thus the exchange to the fedora tipping.

Thornz

I wouldn't say that I'm atheist so much as agnostic. I don't think anyone knows enough to prove or disprove anything at all

BUT I do have issues with most organized religions, and that they have a habit of preseting their BELIEFS as FACTS. Don't you think it's funny how the Christian Bible mentions absolutely nothing about dinosaurs, which (it just do happens) weren't discovered until more than 1000 years after the bible was written? Seems like a big thing to leave out, beause if god created everything, he obv created the Dinos, too ::)

IGN: FM Thornz [Lv 270]
Quote from: cyc0828He destroy my guild
Not pants

Allie

Quote from: Thornz on December 04, 2013, 11:23:51 PMDon't you think it's funny how the Christian Bible mentions absolutely nothing about dinosaurs, which (it just do happens) weren't discovered until more than 1000 years after the bible was written? Seems like a big thing to leave out, beause if god created everything, he obv created the Dinos, too ::)

isn't that a bit of an unfair statement?
He also created the thingys before the dinosaurs and He also created the thingys before those thingys.
Why the dinos specifically, when originally there were far more creatures dat died in a mass extinctions billions of years before dinos were a thing.

seems He took 7 days to create the universe. 4.6 billion? years to create te first human. only we are in the bible. cause we are obviously far superior.

Thornz

Quote from: Allie on December 04, 2013, 11:28:54 PM
Quote from: Thornz on December 04, 2013, 11:23:51 PMDon't you think it's funny how the Christian Bible mentions absolutely nothing about dinosaurs, which (it just do happens) weren't discovered until more than 1000 years after the bible was written? Seems like a big thing to leave out, beause if god created everything, he obv created the Dinos, too ::)

isn't that a bit of an unfair statement?
He also created the thingys before the dinosaurs and He also created the thingys before those thingys.
Why the dinos specifically, when originally there were far more creatures dat died in a mass extinctions billions of years before dinos were a thing.

seems He took 7 days to create the universe. 4.6 billion? years to create te first human. only we are in the bible. cause we are obviously far superior.

Possibly, but it does seem like it was a rather large thing to leave out, especially since if there is a god, he/she was responsible for the creation AND extinction of a rather noticeable species

Not pants

Allie

Quote from: Thornz on December 04, 2013, 11:32:20 PM
Possibly, but it does seem like it was a rather large thing to leave out, especially since if there is a god, he/she was responsible for the creation AND extinction of a rather noticeable species

Step 1: create single cell organisms in an attempt to create life.
Success

Step 2: create slightly more intricate organisms to expand life.
Success

Step 3: use these cells to create swimming thingys and see if dats good
Success

Step 4: attempt creatures on land
Success

Step 5: see if they're better bigger
Failure, wipe dem out

Step 6: see if they're better flying
Failure, wipe dem out

Step 7: **** it, wipe errything

Step 8: see if they're better if they can talk
Ding ding, now lets see if they believe fairytales.

Thornz

And then ofc, there's always the possibility that we're just being grown as food/slaves for aliens XD

Not pants

Cooky

Quote from: Allie on December 04, 2013, 11:35:17 PM
Quote from: Thornz on December 04, 2013, 11:32:20 PM

Step 1: create single cell organisms in an attempt to create life.
Success

Step 2: create slightly more intricate organisms to expand life.
Success

Step 3: use these cells to create swimming thingys and see if dats good
Success

Step 4: attempt creatures on land
Success

Step 5: see if they're better bigger
Failure, wipe dem out

Step 6: see if they're better flying
Failure, wipe dem out

Step 7: **** it, wipe errything

Step 8: see if they're better if they can talk
Ding ding, now lets see if they believe fairytales.

LOOOOOOL omg

Thornz

Not pants

Bombz

Quote from: nanak tatum on December 05, 2013, 12:10:10 AM
Allie believes on god? I would have never....

She doesn't believe in god. :P

Allie

partially athiest, partially agnostic. I just openly declare my dislike for faith-believers.
I strongly believe there is nothing out there, but will not deny the possibility, only will deny that it cares for any of us, or partakes in our daily lives in the slightest way.

Bombz

Quote from: Allie on December 05, 2013, 01:13:45 AM

just openly declare my dislike for faith-believers.

I feel kinda offended?!  :'(

Allie

Quote from: Bombz on December 05, 2013, 01:32:12 AM
Quote from: Allie on December 05, 2013, 01:13:45 AM

just openly declare my dislike for faith-believers.

I feel kinda offended?!  :'(

Be offended you illogical twerp!

Thornz

Not pants

Bombz

nourr993

well here's an expression most of you unconsciently use "OMG" hehe
oh and i'm muslim MUSLIM . No not the type that goes boom boom
i'd really appreaciate if you don't call me an idiot
OH and
Rabbit XD
Server   :High   / Low
Name   :Morocco   / Morocco
Level   :221   / 160

Quote from: Dewo on September 20, 2012, 03:11:35 PM
Worst Thread Maker: nourr993

Allie

I remember the day I found the easter bunny wasn't real........................................

Materger

in 4th grade my teacher explained how santa wasn't real and it broke my child heart.He also told us about how there's no god. By the time I got to 5th grade he was fired. OOLLOLOL

^true story

squirtle! squirtle! 

-EGK-

nourr993

well look at the bright side of it
your parents didnt have to paint and hide eggs anymore
oh and santa coming in through the chemine thats a scary thought too if he exist he's in jail for "breaking and entering" hehe

nourr993

materger your teacher was probably fired for trying to force his believes into his students minds not for not being christian (or w/e religion)

Bombz

Quote from: Allie on December 05, 2013, 12:21:18 PM
I remember the day I found the easter bunny wasn't real........................................

just like santa, easter bunny was real!!! but that was a long time ago  ;\

Materger

Quote from: nourr993 on December 05, 2013, 12:34:28 PM
materger your teacher was probably fired for trying to force his believes into his students minds not for not being christian (or w/e religion)

not sure what he got fired for maybe some parents complained that he f'ed over their child's childhood. ;c

squirtle! squirtle! 

-EGK-

nourr993

ya ur right the "santa doesnt exist" part was probably the reason they might have complained
and what was he talking about? who's this guy? my bearded grampa in red?
http://boutcheetah.zylongaming.com/index.php?action=profile;u=2

Iridion

Quote from: Bombz on December 04, 2013, 11:41:19 AM
I was reading this: http://boutcheetah.zylongaming.com/index.php?topic=21730.0 very interesting indeed (i am christian ;p)

and I have a question

what is it that makes you people (you know who you are lol) atheists? y u no believe in god? you MUST see it to believe it? just asking I am very curious to what you people think  :o

my nephew is so smart

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

Bombz

Quote from: Iridion on December 05, 2013, 01:43:23 PM
Quote from: Bombz on December 04, 2013, 11:41:19 AM

and I have a question

my nephew is so smart

thnx uncle iri !  ;D

Cooky

Quote from: Allie on December 05, 2013, 12:21:18 PM

me too 

zanzona

I'm musilm , and i beileve in god , There is so many proofs about the god
Hard to explain , "and the people who asked where was the god when i needeed him?"
Why would the god help you when u dont believe on him ?  ::)
Thats my opinion and ill be muslim 4ever
The qur'an is The muslim's book , the qur'an has lot of proofs about the god
MrScorpion <3

Selene

There's no proof of God, it's your opinion.

zanzona

Quote from: Selene on December 05, 2013, 04:24:20 PM
There's no proof of God, it's your opinion.
I Respect your opinion but the qur'an i enough proof of god
MrScorpion <3

Cooky

Quote from: zanzona on December 05, 2013, 04:14:13 PM
Hard to explain , "and the people who asked where was the god when i needeed him?"

so you are suggesting that nothing horrible has ever happened to people who believe in god?

zanzona

Quote from: Cooky on December 05, 2013, 04:30:20 PM
Why would the god help you when u dont believe on him ?  ::)

so you are suggesting that nothing horrible has ever happened to people who believe in god?
Ofc lot of horrible things happened to who believe in god
But if you believe in god thats not mean you are perfect , all people do mistakes , and god will you punish if u do mistake , And maybe the god will forgive you , thats back to the god
And the god always help ppl who beileve on him
Thats my opinion , its hard to explain more than that + i respect all ur opinions  
MrScorpion <3

Bombz

Quote from: Cooky on December 05, 2013, 04:30:20 PM

bad things must happen m8 lol

if god wont let bad things happen wtf is the point of satan's existence!! xd

hawk5005

Satan gets all bad people in hell. Doesn't that make him the good guy?

Bombz

Quote from: hawk5005 on December 05, 2013, 05:26:49 PM

i heard of this

i kinda don't know how to answer this

Cooky

Quote from: hawk5005 on December 05, 2013, 05:26:49 PM

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-