May 03, 2024, 01:21:54 AMLatest Member: Clydepaf
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » Help on editing models?

Help on editing models?

Started by Pippin, January 31, 2011, 11:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pippin

Hey guys, after seeing all the custom-colored models, and such. . I need some help on the matter.

I am trying to use Photoshop CS5 Extended to open the .obj files, because they should be able too work, but I get a "You need more RAM/Memory" Even though I have 4GB DDR3 OC'ed RAM and The RAM usage at that time is being recorded at %50. . .

Anyway, what program(s) are you guys using? Also, what are you guys using to edit .rcz files?

Redshadow

Are you talking about BOUT models?

Jeffalo13

I'M ON MY WORST BEHAVIOR

Pippin

Allie

I lol'd.
That's why I didn't answer your PMs.

Just to be a good little admin, I'll tell you here.
.obj files are object files, you see.
Photoshop opens image files.
Get the drift?
You'll be needing a different program to open object files that opens object files, not image files.

Pippin

Quote from: Pippin on January 31, 2011, 11:55:19 PM
Hey guys, after seeing all the custom-colored models, and such. . I need some help on the matter.

I am trying to use Photoshop CS5 Extended to open the .obj files, because they should be able too work, but I get a "You need more RAM/Memory" Even though I have 4GB DDR3 OC'ed RAM and The RAM usage at that time is being recorded at %50. . .

Anyway, what program(s) are you guys using? Also, what are you guys using to edit .rcz files?

Not sure if you guys can see the bolded text, but its Photoshop Extended, I edit 3D models in it all the time.
http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/photoshopextended/whatsnew/index.html?segment=interactive&promoid=FDTER

So yes, it does edit 3D files. So before you call me a complete nub, I know what I am talking about. I am wondering what you guys are using to edit the 3D files though.

Redshadow

Quote from: Pippin on February 01, 2011, 06:10:06 PM
Quote from: Pippin on January 31, 2011, 11:55:19 PM

Not sure if you guys can see the bolded text, but its Photoshop Extended, I edit 3D models in it all the time.
http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/photoshopextended/whatsnew/index.html?segment=interactive&promoid=FDTER

So yes, it does edit 3D files. So before you call me a complete nub, I know what I am talking about. I am wondering what you guys are using to edit the 3D files though.

There are a ton of different model formats, used by model editing programs.

The model format the creators of BOUT used is unknown. It may have even been a custom format. So, they can't be edited until we find a program that can read the format, or we make a program to do that ourselves.

And the latter is very, very unlikely. Model editing programs aren't easy to make.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-