May 01, 2024, 11:09:55 PMLatest Member: Ferbalkoa
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » Urgent - Need the help of a programmer or someone who knows computers.

Urgent - Need the help of a programmer or someone who knows computers.

Started by Xrow, September 07, 2010, 03:30:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xrow

I am the administrator of my computer, and I am logged in as the administrator. But when I try to run 'System Restore,' it tells me that "The administrator of this computer has turned System Restore off blah blah blah" and won't let me open it.

Using Windows 7 on an HP Pavilion dv4 with Intel Pentium.

I have tried:
Running it normally.
Running it as an administrator.
Running it through Command Prompt.
Running it with ctrl+shift.
Taking ownership of it, then running it.
Taking ownership of it, then running it as an administrator.

Nothing's working.
On top of that, when I log into the computer normally (Not in Safe Mode), it gives me a warning that says "Windows Explorer has stopped working...," then it just closes the desktop and computer options.

What should I do?

Allie

Open task manager and run the task "C:\" so explorer.exe comes back.
Then go to the start bar, right click My Computer and click Properties.
Look at the System Restore tab to see if it's enabled.

Xrow

Allie

Xrow

Derp. Knew that. One sec.. Working on it.
And thank you, I appreciate it.

Xrow

There is no System Restore tab under Computer > Properties O.O

Allie

Dang.
Windows 7.
I'm sorry, I only know XP and Vista.

Edit:
If you can view webpages, check this page.

http://www.nirmaltv.com/2009/03/14/how-to-enable-or-disable-system-restore-in-windows-7/

This is basically what I told you, but Windows 7 version.

Xrow

D:.
Sh!t.
Would you have any idea of how to manually restore it? Or how to turn on fricking administrative privileges so i can use System Restore.

I just made another Administrator account, didn't work.

Xrow

Didn't work :\ Still don't have admin privileges..

Would what I PMmed you about work?

Pokeh

Idk if this had been solved yet but,

I have the same basic problem.

Try pressing F9 or 10 at startup (I have te same laptop) and it should show something for system restore. The reason it's not working for me is the original factory settings got deleted when I installed cracked win 7.

If you did that, the only way to fix it is get the operating system on a disc, and reinstall it. This will delete EVERYTHING. as if your laptop was brand new, and all it has in it is the installed OS in it.

(I got vista with cracked win 7, trying to install xp sp2 atm.)

Xrow

I might actually do that..
Would the 'Restore to factory condition' option in advanced options by system restore work?

Allie

Quote from: Xrow on September 07, 2010, 09:05:03 PM
I might actually do that..
Would the 'Restore to factory condition' option in advanced options by system restore work?

Restoring to factory condition is much less reliable than formatting and re-installing the operating system because it relies on files and programs that are installed on your computer already.
Thus, for example, if you want to restore to factory condition because of a virus, if those files are infected, it won't do much.

But, it'll work.

Xrow

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-